Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Master Key Problem

hawk77

Ok,

so couple of weeks ago I disconnected my car baterry for about half an hour. After that I tryied my remote control and it wouldn't work properly. It was taking me like 20 -30 seconds to get it working. Today, I received a new shell for the key as the previous one was in a very bad condition. Since I replaced it ...it doesn't work at all. I change over the internals and everything but still no worky...I know this is the masterkey. If I insert it in the ignition, the security light goes off instanlty....it would be a good idea to get another one. Anyway....long story short, I tryied to reprogramm it but altough I get into the programming mode(door locks lock and unlock automatically) I can get the remote to work. is there any way to reset it or something?

So ..i need help with this. What am I doing wrong? is there anything I should check. The Battery seems to be ok as the red light goes on and of but it seems that there is no signal or something. ..I am very confused.:blink: or more likely :duh:

Cheers

disconnecting the Battery has no effect on the keys, i took mine out overnight to charge it.

However, your car has an internal power source to keep the alarm going incase of a flat Battery, maybe if there is a problem with that and you took the Battery out that might have an effect, im afraid i dont know where the secondary power source is located

disconnecting the battery has no effect on the keys, i took mine out overnight to charge it.

However, your car has an internal power source to keep the alarm going incase of a flat battery, maybe if there is a problem with that and you took the battery out that might have an effect, im afraid i dont know where the secondary power source is located

I've changed the Battery today with a new one. It didn't work right away but after 15 minutes drive, when I used the remote it worked like a charm. But then after few hours of sitting outside ....again the same problem. Phil mentioned that it might have an internal power supply separate from the main Battery. I will call Lexus tomorrow and ask them if there is a separate power supply. If anyone know what the cause might be, please let me know. or if there si any way to fix it ....

Thank you

Sounds like you have the exact same problem as me!

My key fob is really tempremental, at the moment its not working at all!!!! replaced the car Battery a few months ago and i have also replaced the key fob Battery but still no joy! If you do find the problem then let me know and i will let you know if i find something.

I have ordered a new key so hopefully get that and reprogram that to see if it works?????

Jason :P

Sounds like you have the exact same problem as me!

My key fob is really tempremental, at the moment its not working at all!!!! replaced the car battery a few months ago and i have also replaced the key fob battery but still no joy! If you do find the problem then let me know and i will let you know if i find something.

I have ordered a new key so hopefully get that and reprogram that to see if it works?????

Jason :P

Yep, sounds like it. But I think that the power source is recharging while I am driving and it works after ..say 20 minutes of deive. It takes like 10 pushes on the button to work but it kicks in. And it works for like couple of minutes lock unlock ....I am guessing that might be my key....or it might be the internal power source ...i dont' know. It worked before, no problemos ..but now it drives me crazy. Maybe someone who works for Lexus might be able to tell me. I've spoken with someone from Service Lexus and they told that it might be something to do with "initialization" whatever that is. :blink:

sounds to me like you are just in a bad area to use your keys (remotes) this can be down to alot of interferance from wireless internet hubs etc ,

try using the remote in different locations and see if it starts to work if so that is the problem

very common on a lot of car even lexus and toyota

Hope this helps

sounds to me like you are just in a bad area to use your keys (remotes) this can be down to alot of interferance from wireless internet hubs etc ,

try using the remote in different locations and see if it starts to work if so that is the problem

very common on a lot of car even lexus and toyota

Hope this helps

Well, in the same areas it use to work ok...now it's just crazy. I will continue my research. Anyone else have any idea?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links