Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h Battery Problems

My RX400h is now 3 1/2 years old and I have the following symptoms:

On the odd occasion when I am making phone calls in the car with the doors locked and the ignition on (NOT in the READY to drive position - just key turned slightly), after a while the satnav screen flickers.

I ususally just drive away and all is fine.

Yesterday, this happened and my screen functions froze on the disclaimer page and became inoperable. I couldn't use the functions UNTIL after I drove a while all but the climate functions were operable.

This morning the same again, I can use all but the climate and menu functions to check Battery power.

Could this be a/ A fuse b/ a connection gone wrong c/ something more sinister ?

Any ideas before I call Lexus ?

Obviously I am now out of warranty so will have to test the JD Power #1 customer service facility.

Many thanks

Gazman :zee:

On the odd occasion when I am making phone calls in the car with the doors locked and the ignition on (NOT in the READY to drive position - just key turned slightly), after a while the satnav screen flickers.

Yesterday, this happened and my screen functions froze on the disclaimer page and became inoperable. I couldn't use the functions UNTIL after I drove a while all but the climate functions were operable.

This morning the same again, I can use all but the climate and menu functions to check battery power.

Obviously I am now out of warranty so will have to test the JD Power #1 customer service facility.

Many thanks

The screen flickering could be a sign that your "starter" Battery under the bonnet is nearly flat.

I was working on the drive one day 2 years ago shortly after I had bought the car and had the radio on for a few hours when all of a sudden the radio began to cut out and the screen started to flicker on and off. I started the car straight away (ie with the ready light on) and went for a drive and all has been well ever since.

Hope this helps.

JBP

This morning the same again, I can use all but the climate and menu functions to check battery power.

Many thanks

The screen flickering could be a sign that your "starter" Battery under the bonnet is nearly flat.

I was working on the drive one day 2 years ago shortly after I had bought the car and had the radio on for a few hours when all of a sudden the radio began to cut out and the screen started to flicker on and off. I started the car straight away (ie with the ready light on) and went for a drive and all has been well ever since.

Hope this helps.

JBP

Problem Solved - I took my car to Lexus and they said after waiting for 1 hour in the warm dealer waiting room, that I had been running my Battery out whilst sat in the car on the phone earlier this week.

They re-connected the Battery and advised a long trip to fully charge the main Battery as all the functions are now re-set and work fine.

30 mins labour at about £55 and the car was valeted - YES an expensive lesson with a free valet !!!

Thanks for looking