Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Detailing

lex28

i have been thinking lately gettin my car valeted...my black sport has swirl marks everywhere etc and generally needs a good machine polish, clay etc..

anyone know the cost of detailing? or does anyone do it on here??

any info would be super duper

From the people on here who have done it in the past, think it's about £200-250 for a decent one. Detailingworld.co.uk is probably a good place to look first though to understand the process :)

Guest inicol63

Guys save your money and spend a day doing it yourselfs.

The price you pay for getting it done will get you all the equipment and polishes to do it yourself with that feeling at the end of it knowing your done it yourself.

Maguire dual polisher around £130 with discount including a polish head

Polish around £10-00 auto glym

Wax colilite and clay bar Around £25

waffle drying cloth £15

LAMB MITTEN £8

Get a couple of good soft cloth as well, all this will leave your car looking stunning with a little under £200 and no more swirles.

Ian

the problem is... im a virgin when it comes to stuff like this and also i washed my car on the weekend and it was a terrible experience and hoping the 2nd try wont be as bad

the problem is... im a virgin when it comes to stuff like this and also i washed my car on the weekend and it was a terrible experience and hoping the 2nd try wont be as bad

i wouldnt say im that bad, but im no pro and nor do i know what to use/not to use etc as there is soo many products out there!!

ive checked out Detailworld.com i think it is?? and the cars come out awesome! hats off to the detailers

Detailing World is a great site to check out. You will get tons of useful advice there. You will also find lots of professional detailers whose work you can see in photos, and who you can get in contact with if you want to use their services.

Not sure about buying the stuff and just doing it yourself, sure, the cleaning bit is easy but removing swirl marks I would say is something that needs practice rather than just taking the polisher straight to your car. I don't doubt that you're good at this Ian, but I just know that if I tried it myself for the first time I'd make a real mess. I know that some of the detailing World guys recommend getting a painted panel from a breakers to be able to practice on.

Not sure about buying the stuff and just doing it yourself, sure, the cleaning bit is easy but removing swirl marks I would say is something that needs practice rather than just taking the polisher straight to your car. I don't doubt that you're good at this Ian, but I just know that if I tried it myself for the first time I'd make a real mess. I know that some of the Detailing World guys recommend getting a painted panel from a breakers to be able to practice on.

Removing swirls isn't actually that hard to do, if you're patient and work through it methodically, I got out some nasty swirls last summer just using a bottle of Zymol and my hand (no fancy powered polishers)

It took me a whole day, and I was knackered but it is possible - annoyingly they're all back as I didn't really protect it so going to have to do it again when the weather gets better :crybaby:

detailing World is indeed awesome.

I'd also recommend the autopia guides (here) for good guides for the beginner.

The advantages of doing it yourself:-

1) for about the same outlay you get all the kit so you can detail your car whenever you please and maintain your work for months

2) you get a real sense of satisfaction from doing it yourself

Some good places online for ordering stuff:-

Elite Car Care

Clean Your Car UK

Hope that helps.

Detailing World is indeed awesome.

I'd also recommend the autopia guides (here) for good guides for the beginner.

The advantages of doing it yourself:-

1) for about the same outlay you get all the kit so you can detail your car whenever you please and maintain your work for months

2) you get a real sense of satisfaction from doing it yourself

Some good places online for ordering stuff:-

Elite Car Care

Clean Your Car UK

Hope that helps.

nice one...

ive been reading DetailingWorld like a reglious book!

Going to pick up for a goodies today, clay bar, polish, gloss protector, mitten and megs wheel brighter! hope the weather holds up :unsure: