Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

got my dash lights sorted thanx too chris vince[top bloke and job] now got myself a self-closing bonnet and hole in my o/s main beam headlight.any ideas and costs on how much pair of struts and light unit might be also best place to source.thanx

Hi,

If you want genuine then it's the Lexus dealer but be prepared for a large bill!

The bonnet struts are on eBay for around £60.00, they used to be cheaper from the US but with the weak pound+shipping costs+possible import taxes it doesn't seem viable anymore.

I cannot comment on quality as I have never bought any.

With the headlight unit you can buy a clear sealant to fill the hole dependant on the size, again eBay is a source of headlight units from car being broken but if you look up LOC member benfur he may have one at a reasonable price.

Too late for you I know but as soon as I bought my LS I purchased plastic headlight protectors for around £20.00 but haven't seen them since.

Hi

You can also try SGS Engineering on 01332 298126, they will try to recharge you old struts, if it works it's cheaper than new ones, if it doesn't they will sell you a pair of better than new ones for not a lot.... Give them a try their turnaround is very quick and service good. (edited)

Pete.

Hi

You can also try SGS Engineering on 01322 298126, they will try to recharge you old struts, if it works it's cheaper than new ones, if it doesn't they will sell you a pair of better than new ones for not a lot.... Give them a try their turnaround is very quick and service good.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

They are based in Derby so the phone number should be 01332 298126.

Mine are getting lazy so may enquire.

Website

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/

Hi

You can also try SGS Engineering on 01322 298126, they will try to recharge you old struts, if it works it's cheaper than new ones, if it doesn't they will sell you a pair of better than new ones for not a lot.... Give them a try their turnaround is very quick and service good.

Pete.

thanx steve clear sealant already used and think i caught just in time before any water entered.will try sgs engineering tomorrow.many thanx to you both for your input

Hi

Pete.

Hi Pete,

They are based in Derby so the phone number should be 01332 298126.

Mine are getting lazy so may enquire.

Website

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/

Hi

Steve you are dead right, used to live in Kent and 01322 is Dartford so I think my fingers went to auto mode..... I'll edit it above.....

Pete

Hi Pete,

No problem I bet you have a pair of these gas struts on your rear fridge so the door closes nicely :whistling:

BTW if you haven't seen this you ought to.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=56701

Steve

I have just read the post and then thought I would check what the struts were on the fridge..... guess what.... well look at the other thread to find out.....

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links