Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Immobiliser Light Won't Go Out.

Hi guys,

Just got back from my cousins house. He has a 1999 GS300 Sport and it has been parked up for almost three weeks. His dad rang me to say the car wasn't starting. I went over and the car had NO ELECTRICS working at all. Even the light on the ignition barrel was unlit; I obviously thought the Battery was flat. We tried to start the car using one of those booster packs and all the electrics slowly came on while the booster pack was connected; after about 5 minutes with the booster pack connected I tried to start the car and it still wouldn't start; it was making a clicking noise (which I am familar with which usually means the the Battery is not strong enough to start the car yet) but my uncle decided to call the AA. They came out, basically did the same thing but obviously with their much better and powerful equipment; the AA guy said that they were by-passing the Battery because it was now being powered from his van. The AA technician said the cars imobiliser is stopping the car from coming on? The immobiliser LED on the drivers side vent is slowly flashing red. Is this normal?

I am sure the standard Battery probably just needs a decent charge (or replacement!) so I have taken the Battery out and will trickle charge it for a long while. Once the Battery goes back in, I am hoping the car starts as normal after an unlock and then lock.

Are there any known immobiliser issues with the mk2 GS300 that I should be aware of?

Thanks,

Anees :)

Hi guys,

Just got back from my cousins house. He has a 1999 GS300 Sport and it has been parked up for almost three weeks. His dad rang me to say the car wasn't starting. I went over and the car had NO ELECTRICS working at all. Even the light on the ignition barrel was unlit; I obviously thought the battery was flat. We tried to start the car using one of those booster packs and all the electrics slowly came on while the booster pack was connected; after about 5 minutes with the booster pack connected I tried to start the car and it still wouldn't start; it was making a clicking noise (which I am familar with which usually means the the battery is not strong enough to start the car yet) but my uncle decided to call the AA. They came out, basically did the same thing but obviously with their much better and powerful equipment; the AA guy said that they were by-passing the battery because it was now being powered from his van. The AA technician said the cars imobiliser is stopping the car from coming on? The immobiliser LED on the drivers side vent is slowly flashing red. Is this normal?

I am sure the standard battery probably just needs a decent charge (or replacement!) so I have taken the battery out and will trickle charge it for a long while. Once the battery goes back in, I am hoping the car starts as normal after an unlock and then lock.

Are there any known immobiliser issues with the mk2 GS300 that I should be aware of?

Thanks,

You should of used the jump leads that are in the back of the Audi mate :D

Hi guys,

Just got back from my cousins house. He has a 1999 GS300 Sport and it has been parked up for almost three weeks. His dad rang me to say the car wasn't starting. I went over and the car had NO ELECTRICS working at all. Even the light on the ignition barrel was unlit; I obviously thought the battery was flat. We tried to start the car using one of those booster packs and all the electrics slowly came on while the booster pack was connected; after about 5 minutes with the booster pack connected I tried to start the car and it still wouldn't start; it was making a clicking noise (which I am familar with which usually means the the battery is not strong enough to start the car yet) but my uncle decided to call the AA. They came out, basically did the same thing but obviously with their much better and powerful equipment; the AA guy said that they were by-passing the battery because it was now being powered from his van. The AA technician said the cars imobiliser is stopping the car from coming on? The immobiliser LED on the drivers side vent is slowly flashing red. Is this normal?

I am sure the standard battery probably just needs a decent charge (or replacement!) so I have taken the battery out and will trickle charge it for a long while. Once the battery goes back in, I am hoping the car starts as normal after an unlock and then lock.

Thanks,

Not even opened the boot, didn't know you had any! Might try it later in the week then, but won't be using the Audi to jump start anything ;) I read somewhere about jump starting possibly causing issues with ECU fault codes on German cars, so will use my cousins sisters yaris if need be :)

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Not even opened the boot, didn't know you had any! Might try it later in the week then, but won't be using the Audi to jump start anything ;) I read somewhere about jump starting possibly causing issues with ECU fault codes on German cars, so will use my cousins sisters yaris if need be :)

I have used a jump start on my GS300 with no problems but I do use a surge protector across the Battery terminals to be extra sure of no spikes.

Norman

the mk2 gs has an rolling code immobiliser, when disconnecting and reconnecting the Battery or if the Battery has gone flat, you must leave the ignition on for 6mins for the codes in the antitheft ecu and your master key to resyncronise. when this is complete the immobiliser light on the dash will go out. then you turn ignition off and you should be able to start the vehicle if there are no other problems.

please note this doesn't reset the ecu.

• 11 years later...

i just bought a 2003 lexus gs300. It had a rough idle and i replaced the spark plugs and wires.After putting it back together the cars alarm went off and now when i try to start. I have been reading up on it and cant make heads or tails of it. My only question is what the hell do i have to do to start my  car, I feel like my car is being held for ransom.