Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Can't Belive It - Lexus Have Fixed All The Rattles And Creaks &#

I have to say, I'm with you on the rattling issues Gary. I think you bought yours about the time I bought my 250 SE MM. On the whole, I like that car, but I'd struggle to buy another one - I think I should have bitten the bullet and gone for a "common" 3-series.

Mine will be in for a service in early April and, at that point, they'll get a list of rattles to resolve:

Driver's seat - now driving me mad when the stereo is off

Glovebox - not sure where but it's somewhere around there even though I've emptied it.

Left door storage bin - again, empty but rattling.

Amusingly, I had a letter from my Lexus centre recently saying "we want your car" - I'm sure they do, just at not anywhere near what I owe on it ;) When I looked at trading it in for an RX400h it was a case of "trade for yours, book for the RX" :tsktsk:

Hi Gary!

Good to hear all OK with ur Is.

Can you please post a list of rattles and creaks before you had them done.... I need to compare and get mine sorted asap. it really dissapointing to have sucha beautifully engeeneered car with stupid rattles. I have one coming from center console (speaker), crack noise from inside the torpedo and seat (sometimes.)

Thank you in advance! good lucK1

Hi mate,

Blimey where do I start ? An update on the latest situation. My car is booked in on March 17th and 18th to have the latest rattles sorted.

They had temporarily fixed all rattles/creaks apart from the creak near my seat belt housing.

The original rattles and creaks were mostly around the centre console - Lexus fixed them.

However the rattling has now got much worse but it's isloated to one area but I cannot for the life of me locate it.

There is now a horeendous rattling/creaking sound coming from the armrest area.

It is so pronounced so it will be easy for me to demonstrate this to the tech guy.

The rattling seems to be less pronounced if someone sits in the passenger seat which leads me to think it could be something in the seat.

However it could just be the fact that the weight of the person in the passenger seat is balancing the weight and therefore making the rattle in the armrest area less pronounced.

Whatever the case the rattling sound is simply diabolical. There is no way I will be fobbed off by Lexus in getting these rattles eliminated, however many times it takes and if they have to replace large sections of the car.

The dealer have tried their best so far and I have no complaints about the service but if they don't fix them this time I will be writing a letter to head office.

It is totally unacceptable to spend over £30k on a motor that is as one member on here says is "rattle city". My missus' Y reg Fiesta is quieter.

I am not accepting it. Especially as the car is worth probably half the value after only 11 months.

Are Lexus not capable of screwing a car together properly ?

I've said it before but I find it ludicrous that Lexus boast that they put sound insulating material in the sun visor to eliminate stray noises !!!

It's laughable.

Well this was my first dabble with waruntee work done by Lexus, when i took the car in a month or so ago for a service it came back nice and clean bottle of wine on the seat (still in the bottle thank god).

This time its had a rattle / ,creeking noise done on the Near side A piller and dash join, and an oil leek. took 3 days in total so one more day then they said but that was ok cos i had a nice 09 RX hybreed thingy very nice car ..... which had no rattles at all!! my car came back a fair bit dirtier than it went, having done an extra 25miles (bit long for a test drive in my humble opinion) and with a 22mpg on the average so a nice lead foot driving it.

The only freebies i got where a nice invisable air freshener think its called WD40 it stinks! and the ultimate in freebie..... a nice new rattle!!! coming from the nearside rear possibly parcel shelf??? never had that when it went in! so monday morning i think i'll be on the phone again! am not after freebies but least of all this type.

Cant say i am overly impressed yes its all done for free thats good but if they screwed it together right in the first place they wouldnt have to, had a skoda octavia vrs for about 3 years ran it into the ground and drove it like a hooligan most of the time and not a sound no loose bits, nothing, and people take the P out of them! cant say that i notice a difference in the dealers either, much of a muchness but i think they come first and second or close in most of the dealer surveys anyway

What has happend to Lexus over the past 4 years? Up until then they had a solid reputation for good value alternatives to BMW with similar residual values. It now seems a different story but BMW may be having similar quality problems we don't know about. Maybe the dreaded accountants have been at it cutting down on costs.

Well this was my first dabble with waruntee work done by Lexus, when i took the car in a month or so ago for a service it came back nice and clean bottle of wine on the seat (still in the bottle thank god).

This time its had a rattle / ,creeking noise done on the Near side A piller and dash join, and an oil leek. took 3 days in total so one more day then they said but that was ok cos i had a nice 09 RX hybreed thingy very nice car ..... which had no rattles at all!! my car came back a fair bit dirtier than it went, having done an extra 25miles (bit long for a test drive in my humble opinion) and with a 22mpg on the average so a nice lead foot driving it.

The only freebies i got where a nice invisable air freshener think its called WD40 it stinks! and the ultimate in freebie..... a nice new rattle!!! coming from the nearside rear possibly parcel shelf??? never had that when it went in! so monday morning i think i'll be on the phone again! am not after freebies but least of all this type.

Cant say i am overly impressed yes its all done for free thats good but if they screwed it together right in the first place they wouldnt have to, had a skoda octavia vrs for about 3 years ran it into the ground and drove it like a hooligan most of the time and not a sound no loose bits, nothing, and people take the P out of them! cant say that i notice a difference in the dealers either, much of a muchness but i think they come first and second or close in most of the dealer surveys anyway

i reckon that when your car goes in for warranty work the dealer also takes the instruction from lexus to do other items tsib's that you may not be aware of,they do not alert you to any of the extra item's,by keeping quiet leaves you the customer without any unnecessary concern's.as to returning your car with an avg mpg of 22,this would be due to Battery disconnection or someting that zero's your mpg reading,this is usual don't worry.if you ask if there has been additional work done they will tell you.

Hi moonpig,

I see you're from Kent. What dealer did you take it to? I have some rattles etc. for them to sort and I don't know whether to take it to Tonbridge Wells or Canterbury!

Cheers,

Matt

Well i am from maidstone so wasnt sure if i should go to t-wells canturbury or sidcup in the end went for T-wells as it was a little closer, not too sure it was a good move? dont even know if the oil leak has been fixed as i was told nothing about what had been done to the car at all just a "here you go its all yours" type thing.

i reckon that when your car goes in for warranty work the dealer also takes the instruction from lexus to do other items tsib's that you may not be aware of,they do not alert you to any of the extra item's,by keeping quiet leaves you the customer without any unnecessary concern's.as to returning your car with an avg mpg of 22,this would be due to Battery disconnection or someting that zero's your mpg reading,this is usual don't worry.if you ask if there has been additional work done they will tell you.

Thanks for that i guess your right with the MPG hadnt thought of that to be honest, still doesnt excuse the new rattle though