Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Can't Belive It - Lexus Have Fixed All The Rattles And Creaks &#

It's early days and I'm paranoid so I am not getting too excited yet. I will have a careful listen as I do the 20 mile trip to work tomorrow. I drove it the 8 miles back from Stockport and it was like driving a different car. They have apparently put felt lining around all the centre console, gear console, nav screen etc. They have also put padding behind the seatbelt housing. I am overjoyed !!!

I've just completed 20 rattle free miles to work. That's listening very carefully as well and no stereo on.

I can cope with the odd rattle here and there - it was the creaks and cracks from the centre console every time I went over a slight bump that was driving me insane. It felt that the car wasn't tight. Now they have put the felt in it's great !

I would strongly advise anyone who is getting the creaks and rattles from the centre console to get Lexus to pad it with felt. It does work.

Looking back now the number of rattles and creaks from the centre console seemed like hundreds all over the show but the felt has completely fixed it.

Hope this helps and thanks for all the support.

Proud to be a Lexus owner again !

Well done GaryC

I must warn you though...you have to go through a couple of seasons to be sure. I went for up to 3 months after fixes with everything much improved, then the weather changed (hot or cold seasons) and all hell broke loose again.

Never had the "felt" though, so may be this will do the trick. Good luck.

No worries here as Felt is basically "inert" to temperature changes:pity Jamboo's Dealer did not resolve his issues with a little more science!

Tel

No worries here as Felt is basically "inert" to temperature changes:pity Jamboo's Dealer did not resolve his issues with a little more science!

Tel

• 4 weeks later...
Well done GaryC

I must warn you though...you have to go through a couple of seasons to be sure. I went for up to 3 months after fixes with everything much improved, then the weather changed (hot or cold seasons) and all hell broke loose again.

I knew it was too good to be true. All rattle free for just over a week and then the familiar plastic creaks and cracks sounded when travelling over uneven surfaces. The sound appear to be coming from the armrest area. I did notice that when my missus sits in the passenger seat the rattles/creaks are much less. I wonder if there is something inside the passenger seat mechanism that is loose ???

I still get the creak sound in my right ear near to where the upper part of the seatbelt housing is.

The rattle are less than they were but there still is that unsettling plastic rattling from the centre console.

I just don't want to have to contact them to take it in again :crybaby:

Well done GaryC

I knew it was too good to be true. All rattle free for just over a week and then the familiar plastic creaks and cracks sounded when travelling over uneven surfaces. The sound appear to be coming from the armrest area. I did notice that when my missus sits in the passenger seat the rattles/creaks are much less. I wonder if there is something inside the passenger seat mechanism that is loose ???

I still get the creak sound in my right ear near to where the upper part of the seatbelt housing is.

The rattle are less than they were but there still is that unsettling plastic rattling from the centre console.

Sorry to hear that

ref the seat mine had some noise from drivers seat,

when i mentioned this Lexus Bham said they would fit a seat bracket modification kit ? what ever one of those was

but there is no more rattles from seat now.

Also never worry about contacting them with a problem

when you pay that much for a car, you dont want it to sound like a creaking boat at sea,

also they just charge lexus for the Labour as its under warranty, and its a well known issue.

regs Matt

ps :offtopic:

had my 30k service done today £197.00 and no extra charges :hehe:

just a slight recall :excl: for next week steering rack to be replaced hope they get my steering wheel straight

or i will be leaving it with them.

You got further than me- after 2 days being fixed, my car came back with a nice quiet dash, which started rattling in a different area about 180 miles later!

I've taken matters into my own hands and fixed it with a strategically placed bit of folded black cardboard... for the time being.

regs Matt

just a slight recall :excl: for next week steering rack to be replaced hope they get my steering wheel straight

not bad price for service..taking thats from lex bham?

regs Matt

Yes it was super service from them just left it with them at 8.30 went over to the Fort shopping centre

had a call at 11.00 saying car is ready.

but as i said back thursday for new steering rack :crybaby: i get very funny if the steering wheel is not put back in the centre, it has to be spot on or i get paranoid

I remember driving to see Tony (WIM) once just to get the steering wheel centered in my IS200 then because Watford had too many corners, i drove back to M1 went one junction then went back saying it is slightly out, fair play to Tony

he did sort it, So God help them i will not take it cannot be done for an answer ahhhhh now breath LOL

Matt

regs Matt

Yes it was super service from them just left it with them at 8.30 went over to the Fort shopping centre

had a call at 11.00 saying car is ready.

but as i said back thursday for new steering rack :crybaby: i get very funny if the steering wheel is not put back in the centre, it has to be spot on or i get paranoid

I remember driving to see Tony (WIM) once just to get the steering wheel centered in my IS200 then because Watford had too many corners, i drove back to M1 went one junction then went back saying it is slightly out, fair play to Tony

he did sort it, So God help them i will not take it cannot be done for an answer ahhhhh now breath LOL

Matt

Yep £197 for a service is great. My ex Merc C270 was never less than £600 a service ! My Lexus is back in with the dealers next couple of weeks.

Well done GaryC

I did say that you might find they'll be back...sadly there is only one option to get rid of the noises on some of these cars - and that is to get rid of the car :shutit:

The ones by the ear drove me mad towards the end of ownership, and it was partly due to the grab handle. If I pushed it right down "squeaky" would stop squeakin', and then come back again. But there was also a buzzing from the drivers A post somewhere high up that the dealership could not fix - not loud, but close enough to the ear to actually give a headache...new seatbelt anchors didn't make a jot of difference. The passenger seat vibrated at motorway speeds too - almost like a constant "juddering" in the backrest. At one point I used a rope to fasten the backrest passenger side front and rear headrests to each other to stop it...

It need a new seat but I'd given up on it by then. I feel it for the mug who paid £17,850 for it in July/August 08!

:yawn: I ain't reacting to your tedious bate and personal jibes, but for the record - It had my cherished plate from new registration which I retained - so I have no idea what the new reg plate was...also it was still under warranty - so I guess someone else will try and get them fixed whilst on "honeymoon" time.

Hi,

My car is at lexus Edinburgh as we speak for a variety of issues.

They tell me that squeaks and rattles are not covered by the warranty (mine has an extended warranty provided by Lexus UK). They will pay for parts, but not the labour.

Is this right?

Ta

Hi,

They tell me that squeaks and rattles are not covered by the warranty (mine has an extended warranty provided by Lexus UK). They will pay for parts, but not the labour.

Is this right?

Ta

Normally rattles won't be covered - even the parts could be on a goodwill basis as the extended warranties normally cover mechanical and electrical stuff only. Of course it depends on what's causing the rattle - if the satnav unit doesn't fit well, for example, it could be covered if a new complete unit will fix it.

Good luck...

Hi,

Is this right?

Ta

Normally rattles won't be covered - even the parts could be on a goodwill basis as the extended warranties normally cover mechanical and electrical stuff only.

Good luck...

My used car warranty has covered all manner of rattles- they've replaced the auto dim mirror, fixed the squeaky seat, and done the dash. And they're about to replace the wheels. The original manufacturers wty expired in Oct 08, so now I'm under the extended one.

You should be OK in my opinion.

My used car warranty has covered all manner of rattles- they've replaced the auto dim mirror, fixed the squeaky seat, and done the dash. And they're about to replace the wheels. The original manufacturers wty expired in Oct 08, so now I'm under the extended one.

You should be OK in my opinion.

Can't see why not - its a recognised fault, albeit not mechanically based.

In the same way that the pitting of alloy wheels doesnt affect any mechanical workings of a car, but they would be quick to replace them.

It's early days and I'm paranoid so I am not getting too excited yet. I will have a careful listen as I do the 20 mile trip to work tomorrow. I drove it the 8 miles back from Stockport and it was like driving a different car. They have apparently put felt lining around all the centre console, gear console, nav screen etc. They have also put padding behind the seatbelt housing. I am overjoyed !!!

Hi Gary!

Good to hear all OK with ur Is.

Can you please post a list of rattles and creaks before you had them done.... I need to compare and get mine sorted asap. it really dissapointing to have sucha beautifully engeeneered car with stupid rattles. I have one coming from center console (speaker), crack noise from inside the torpedo and seat (sometimes.)

Thank you in advance! good lucK1

Hi Gary!

Can you please post a list of rattles and creaks before you had them done.... I need to compare and get mine sorted asap. it really dissapointing to have sucha beautifully engeeneered car with stupid rattles. I have one coming from center console (speaker), crack noise from inside the torpedo and seat (sometimes.)

your dealer will be very familiar with your particular problems and they all have known fixes.

good luck.

Hi Gary!

Hi mate,

Blimey where do I start ? An update on the latest situation. My car is booked in on March 17th and 18th to have the latest rattles sorted.

They had temporarily fixed all rattles/creaks apart from the creak near my seat belt housing.

The original rattles and creaks were mostly around the centre console - Lexus fixed them.

However the rattling has now got much worse but it's isloated to one area but I cannot for the life of me locate it.

There is now a horeendous rattling/creaking sound coming from the armrest area.

It is so pronounced so it will be easy for me to demonstrate this to the tech guy.

The rattling seems to be less pronounced if someone sits in the passenger seat which leads me to think it could be something in the seat.

However it could just be the fact that the weight of the person in the passenger seat is balancing the weight and therefore making the rattle in the armrest area less pronounced.

Whatever the case the rattling sound is simply diabolical. There is no way I will be fobbed off by Lexus in getting these rattles eliminated, however many times it takes and if they have to replace large sections of the car.

The dealer have tried their best so far and I have no complaints about the service but if they don't fix them this time I will be writing a letter to head office.

It is totally unacceptable to spend over £30k on a motor that is as one member on here says is "rattle city". My missus' Y reg Fiesta is quieter.

I am not accepting it. Especially as the car is worth probably half the value after only 11 months.

Are Lexus not capable of screwing a car together properly ?

I've said it before but I find it ludicrous that Lexus boast that they put sound insulating material in the sun visor to eliminate stray noises !!!

It's laughable.