Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello

Chatting with Dealer today and My IS220D will be getting two recalls in the post

I am told it is all down to chassis number

1) steering problem some joint can cause the steering to stiffen up

They have been advised to test and replace if they feel it needs to be replaced

but would you like to be the technician saying No this is OK, i guess they will replace them all . :crying:

2) Rear brakes shim kit, as they have found the Rear pads can seize or wear uneven :crybaby:

So i await the letters

Matt

Matt - any ideas on what reg dates these recalls will impact on - I have a 57 plate (Sept 07 reg)

Cheers

Hello

Sorry i dont but i can tell you mine is a 55 plate Reg Jan 06

check with your dealer as they have all the info and Chassis number range

but as was mentioned in the article from China 120 Thousand cars Toyota/Lexus just in China

so how many in Europe ? North/South America

bejez this will cost TOYOTA Millions just when they dont need it

Wonder if there F1 team will still be Running ???

Hello

Chatting with Dealer today and My IS220D will be getting two recalls in the post

but would you like to be the technician saying No this is OK, i guess they will replace them all . :crying:

2) Rear brakes shim kit, as they have found the Rear pads can seize or wear uneven :crybaby:

So i await the letters

Matt

Matt - any ideas on what reg dates these recalls will impact on - I have a 57 plate (Sept 07 reg)

Cheers

Hello

but as was mentioned in the article from China 120 Thousand cars Toyota/Lexus just in China

hi matt..do u use bham or wolves dealership? or another?

Hello

So i await the letters

Matt

Cheers

Hello

hi matt..do u use bham or wolves dealership? or another?

Birmingham

• 4 weeks later...

Had mine done Today At Lexus Birmingham

New steering rack fitted

New rear pads

1 Rear Caliper & a Shim Kit

looks a bit weird with 1 new caliper and 1 old but i cannot complain too much

dropped car in at 9 ish

got phone call at 5 to say car ready by 5.30 :blink: wow how long to do it

& how much would that cost

Also got my Extended warranty from Lexus Today for the Next 12 months

Have not really tested it yet as i was stuck in crappy traffic (if anyone knows Lexus Birmingham) near

Fort shopping park

one thing i did notice was the steering wheel was perfect centered :lol: (big pet hate ggrrrr)

so i will know what the steering is like tomorrow when i take it on a good run Inc Motoway.

Regs

Matt

PS Birmingham gave me a 58 plated 220d for the day and i did notice two things

the gear box was like silk (could be its just new)

and the main one wait for it ...................................

i left them with 1/4 tank diesel with tank AVG 32.5mpg i travelled 23 mile to work

did 6 mile towny dirving at lunchtime.

and then23 mile back after work and the Tank Avg was 40.2 mpg, Hmmmmmmm

i usually avg around 40ish MPG but never got it there that quick on just 1/4 Tank

I did ask them in garage if there had been any Mods but they said No makes you think. ha ha

just been in for service and a few warranty bits and pieces and the dealer has informed me that there is a recall on the steering rack,which is a complete swap out,also if you are experiencing stale odours from the air con,this also is a swap out.my car has had both today.

Just spoken to lexus as my car is in on monday for a service,they said as i think has been said before that the steering rack and break calipers have a visual inspetion and then if they need changing they will if not they wont!! must be feeling very brave if they say no it doesnt need it and someone goes and wraps it round a tree a day or two later! some smart lawer will make a fortune out of that one! so am hoping they will change it. asked about the air con re-call and kind of skirted around it a little will find out more on monday as it does pong a bit sometimes.

just been in for service and a few warranty bits and pieces and the dealer has informed me that there is a recall on the steering rack,which is a complete swap out,also if you are experiencing stale odours from the air con,this also is a swap out.my car has had both today.

Just spoken to lexus as my car is in on monday for a service,they said as i think has been said before that the steering rack and break calipers have a visual inspetion and then if they need changing they will if not they wont!! must be feeling very brave if they say no it doesnt need it and someone goes and wraps it round a tree a day or two later! some smart lawer will make a fortune out of that one! so am hoping they will change it. asked about the air con re-call and kind of skirted around it a little will find out more on monday as it does pong a bit sometimes.

yeah i bet they will replace they did with mine, but then still said nothing would happen at high speed mmmmmm how do they know

tango,is your car subject to the recall and will lexus do it foc.

Not had a recall for the steering rack, but Lexus Cheltenham replaced both rear calipers and pads under warranty because the sliders had seized. Common fault apparently.

I am just back of replacing the power steering of the is250 (2006), its feels stiffer like the 2008 model which i got as a loaner. and i also replaced the whole rear brake calliper under warranty for some sqeeky noise by low speed braking.

Alantje, can you give us a bit more info on the brake symtoms you were having?. My car has been in twice for squeaky brakes when reversing with small application of the footbrake. and has come back both times with squeak intact. Im being told it is weather related but it has been there in all weathers and temperatures since early last year.

delexus,my car had the shim kit and new calipers at the rear to cure the squeeky brakes,as it turned out i still had a squeek and it turned out that my front pads where worn and causing the squeek and a knocking noise under braking.the dealer advised that the front discs were also corroded,the discs were replaced under warranty and i paid for the pads.squeek free now.

I am just back of replacing the power steering of the is250 (2006), its feels stiffer like the 2008 model which i got as a loaner. and i also replaced the whole rear brake calliper under warranty for some sqeeky noise by low speed braking.

Alantje, can you give us a bit more info on the brake symtoms you were having?. My car has been in twice for squeaky brakes when reversing with small application of the footbrake. and has come back both times with squeak intact. Im being told it is weather related but it has been there in all weathers and temperatures since early last year.

delexus,

My brakes were only making noise at low speeds just the last few meters before stopping. that only appear when the brakes are relative cold. They told that the rear brake callipers were the cause of the squeaky noise and it will be replaced under warranty. and they also told me the front brake pads were almost worn out and need to be replaced as well. So i got new front brake pads, new rear brake callipers but using old brake pads. and i havent notice any squeaky brakes yet.

delexus,my car had the shim kit and new calipers at the rear to cure the squeeky brakes,as it turned out i still had a squeek and it turned out that my front pads where worn and causing the squeek and a knocking noise under braking.the dealer advised that the front discs were also corroded,the discs were replaced under warranty and i paid for the pads.squeek free now.
delexus,

My brakes were only making noise at low speeds just the last few meters before stopping. that only appear when the brakes are relative cold. They told that the rear brake callipers were the cause of the squeaky noise and it will be replaced under warranty. and they also told me the front brake pads were almost worn out and need to be replaced as well. So i got new front brake pads, new rear brake callipers but using old brake pads. and i havent notice any squeaky brakes yet.

Thanks for the replies. Will talk to dealer and see what happens.

I'm amazed that you had to pay for the new pads! If they replaced the discs under warranty then the pads should not have been chargeable since they have to be replaced if new discs are fitted and hence they are covered by warranty as the "wear and tear" aspect is not applicable.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm amazed that you had to pay for the new pads! If they replaced the discs under warranty then the pads should not have been chargeable since they have to be replaced if new discs are fitted and hence they are covered by warranty as the "wear and tear" aspect is not applicable.

I've had discs done on two or three occasions and kept the pads, no garage has ever said they have to be done or tried to get me to have them done at the same time. One garage did say you "usually" do pads at the same time but this isn't necessary if I don't want to.

• 1 year later...

If it is a recall then all owners of affected models should be contacted by Lexus. Is this definately a recall as,to date, there is nothing on the VOSA site relating to this recall.

I have a July 2006 Lexus RX400H - any idea if this model is in anyway effected? I was in for a 60,000 km service last fFriday and the Lexus garage told me it was but they did not have the parts in stock. I explained that I was about to be involved in a 4000km drive through Europe and UK in 4 days time. He said not to worry, if anything went wrong it would be the power steering and I would need to steer manually? All a bit worrying. How can I find out if there has been a recall on this model?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links