Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Washing the car last week, I noticed pitting on both front alloys. It's not a lot at the moment, but, seeing as I shelled out £1200-odd for them as an extra, I'm none too pleased; nor does it bode well for their look come the spring time.

Has anyone else had problems with these? Why only the fronts, could that be the brake dust reacting somehow with them? And, presumably, Lexus will replace any/all of them under warranty?

Nah if I was you I'd have a word with them Monday and complain, let them sort it, and then keep an eye on them and complain every time they go throughout the warranty period as if there is a real problem that will at least highlight it to Lexus GB if you ever have to go direct to them!

I'm sure they'll replace them, just give your dealer a call. It happens to all alloys, all our cars have had the same problem, but only Lexus agree to replace them........

I've only ever had this problem on my Lexus and Audi. None of the other cars ever have.

Both makers swapped them FOC under warranty (Lexus twice, though I had to fight with Audi - the wheel had a small kerb graze no where near the bubbling/corrosion and they wouldn't swap them. mentioned trading standards and they changed their mind).

I'm sure they'll replace them, just give your dealer a call. It happens to all alloys, all our cars have had the same problem, but only Lexus agree to replace them........

I've only ever had this problem on my Lexus and Audi. None of the other cars ever have.

Both makers swapped them FOC under warranty (Lexus twice, though I had to fight with Audi - the wheel had a small kerb graze no where near the bubbling/corrosion and they wouldn't swap them. mentioned trading standards and they changed their mind).

if i were you i would have your bmw wheels checked out,veiw http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190162 you will have to fight for those also.

Washing the car last week, I noticed pitting on both front alloys. It's not a lot at the moment, but, seeing as I shelled out £1200-odd for them as an extra, I'm none too pleased; nor does it bode well for their look come the spring time.

Has anyone else had problems with these? Why only the fronts, could that be the brake dust reacting somehow with them? And, presumably, Lexus will replace any/all of them under warranty?

hmm got my hoshis last feb..done around 8k miles or bit more, andstill look brand spanking new! do you treat yours? i treat them with alloy wax after every wash...

Came with the car, so that's good news re the warranty period.

@ Chandru: no, not treated them with anything as yet, just a weekly wash. Any suggestions when I get the replacements as to treatment method?

hi m8..this is what i use: http://www.alloywheelwax.co.uk/. just after washing and wheels are dry,apply it on, let it go to a haze then buff off. easier to wash next time too..works a treat :)

Happens on all Is200s After 3 sets on warranty and the same thing happening to them I demanded they get them refurbished instead, they used pristine wheels and they look like new still 2 years on.

The standard paint finish have no laquer, or inferior quality.

Getting new ones from lexus will not solve the problem you will be in the same situation in a few months.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links