Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch Judder

tys

i thought its on its way out when it starts to judder

It slips when it's on it's way out, basically the revs will increase but the speed won't go up with it - the judder in my IS was always more pronounced when you'd start it from cold, I used to just give it some more revs in first to overcompensate for the judder to be fair and that seemed to help big time!

Mine juddered in first about two years and 35,000 miles before it packed in :)

That could be slightly different to the clutch judder I thought you meant then there fella, sorry mate.

As a matter of interest may be worth resetting your ECU just in case it's picked up some bad habits as mine once did something similar.

Pop the bonnet, near the Battery there's a fusebox - pop the cover off and on the reverse it tells you where the EFI and ETCS fuses are - pull them out and leave them out for a minute and then replace.

See if you still get it then as at least that doesn't cost anything and made a massive difference on my car on a few occasions as it seemed to have learnt a bad map or something, don't really know!

If it still does it after that could be something mechanical? Would be good I guess if you knew someone else who had an IS so you could see if you've actually got the same thing or are experiencing a different type of judder.

Confusing isn't it :lol:

il try 2moz thanks might ge a new clucth 2 get rid of judder when pulling away from stationary cuz that does anoy me.lol.another quick q,my brakes squel when i brake but the sound only lasts 4 a second.Any ideas?

To be honest I'm sure people have still had the judder even with the new clutch?

As for the brakes squealing, you can get kits to stop them making that noise from the dealer, they have grease applied to the pads and you find that if you have the car jetwashed it washes the grease away and the noise comes back!

I just lived with it as I knew the brakes were working then :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links