Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry If Its A Dumb Question....

Ladies_Love_Lex

Guest inicol63

Hello and welcome :rolleyes: i guess i should be welcoming your mum and sis as well.

Mums plate looks good.

How long have you all owned your current cars?

Ian

Yeh love Lexus, mums had nothing but Lexus since 1989..

Me and my sister got ours back in March last year.

Mum got hers 3months ago after waiting ages for it, there was a bit of a mix up at the dealer with orders,

but she is really pleased with it... dad just bought rear headrests with built in dvd screens from America...

Lovely car though.

Yeh love Lexus, mums had nothing but Lexus since 1989..

Me and my sister got ours back in March last year.

Mum got hers 3months ago after waiting ages for it, there was a bit of a mix up at the dealer with orders,

but she is really pleased with it... dad just bought rear headrests with built in dvd screens from America...

Lovely car though.

If you have rear headrests with built in screens, you do realise that you will only be able to view from outside the rear of the car. :whistling:

Seriously though, welcome to LOC.

ahh yes, sorry me being dumb again!! screens for the headrests... yes it does have a screen coming down from the center but the grandchildren argue about what they watch so when they went to America he bought the seperate ones, dont ask me why because the kids rarely go in it.

My mum is quite hard to please and she loves it! There are so many gadgets on it, i cant comment on driving it though because im not allowed!! :)

Great looking cars. Could be a bit of key trouble at times for you three ladies!!!!!!

Its ok, they are all different, mum has the credit card key, my sister has the standard and we have a flip blade key thing....

and we dont live together!! :)

Oh and i love caspian sky, mum wanted her LS in caspian sky but they didnt do it...she had an LS 430 in Ivory (066) ages ago and she loved it!

Great looking cars. Could be a bit of key trouble at times for you three ladies!!!!!!

Its ok, they are all different, mum has the credit card key, my sister has the standard and we have a flip blade key thing....

and we dont live together!! :)

Oh and i love caspian sky, mum wanted her LS in caspian sky but they didnt do it...she had an LS 430 in Ivory (066) ages ago and she loved it!

Sounds like the key issue is well under control. How long have you had yours? Is the insurance not a bit steep for you? I have always liked the 300, sit's nice.

Take care, travel safe.... ;)

Bought in March last year, insurance is £1200 a year for me and my other half as a named driver but he does have an SP30... I think Tesco is really reasonable for younger drivers, their always the best for me but i do have an £800 excess!!! but its worth it I suppose :-)

Wow, £1200 is a bit nasty. But not too bad when you consider some of the nightmare quotes some of the young lads come into work with. £1k mark for fiesta's, Corsa's and saxo's!!!!!!!!!. So like you say, to omit yourself from the small car club and drive the lexi it's Ok, with an SP30 too.

Quite lucky now I am borderline ancient with 15yr no claims in tow. Renewel come through at £327 with esure, got it for £275 fully comp, protected no claims with Direct line because we have the house insurance with them. They say if we put the wife's car with them when it's due it should get better still??????

Hope you both have no knocks and you get yours down sharpish. Remember paying about £400 for an old C plate 318i. BMW about 14yr ago. That felt like a fortune at the time.

About 2 weeks after we got it, i was just about parked and a woman in an old golf smacked the front of it and ripped the bumper off, scraped all my wheel, dented the wing and arch.... when she done it she got out and appologised admitted she wasnt looking where she was going etc so we exchanged details.... then when we reported it to Tesco they come back that she said it was my fault and I pulled out into her :tsktsk: My other half bodged the bumper so it was back on (just a bit bent :whistling: ) so it could be driven as we thought this would be pretty clear cut... well months down the line they are still arguing about it.. i didnt want to have to claim on my insurance and pay an £800 excess and have the claim so we got my brother in - law to sort it for us (whiteLEX) as he works in a body shop spraying etc so we dropped the claim and it saved us a load of ££ thank fully.

we wanted a GS430 but cant get insurance for me until im 21 and the ones that will insure me want £2500, but thats just ridiculous!!

But funny enough we looked at getting an RX400h and insurance for both of us is only about £700 a year, so nearly half the price of the IS300... i just dont know how they justify their prices....

never mind only a year to go and then we can start looking at GS430's again :-)

About 2 weeks after we got it, i was just about parked and a woman in an old golf smacked the front of it and ripped the bumper off, scraped all my wheel, dented the wing and arch.... when she done it she got out and appologised admitted she wasnt looking where she was going etc so we exchanged details.... then when we reported it to Tesco they come back that she said it was my fault and I pulled out into her :tsktsk: My other half bodged the bumper so it was back on (just a bit bent :whistling: ) so it could be driven as we thought this would be pretty clear cut... well months down the line they are still arguing about it.. i didnt want to have to claim on my insurance and pay an £800 excess and have the claim so we got my brother in - law to sort it for us (whiteLEX) as he works in a body shop spraying etc so we dropped the claim and it saved us a load of ££ thank fully.

we wanted a GS430 but cant get insurance for me until im 21 and the ones that will insure me want £2500, but thats just ridiculous!!

But funny enough we looked at getting an RX400h and insurance for both of us is only about £700 a year, so nearly half the price of the IS300... i just dont know how they justify their prices....

never mind only a year to go and then we can start looking at GS430's again :-)

Good luck with you hunt for the GS430. I'm sure you will pick a great deal up with the current climate in the car trade.

A very good friend of mine took the RX400h out for the weekend from Lexus about Sept lasy year, Got the chance to drive it, superb. So quiet loads of grunt when you need it and packed out with all the usual toys and gadgets. Well worth a look. He was offered £9k for his 16 month old Nissan Marano so he jacked it off!!!!!

Sounds like you took the right option regarding fixing up your own Lexus, after the bitch shafted you. I did exactly the same with my 12month old Orion many years ago. Come out of college playing with my new sound system, red light, wet night, bang into the back of an old VW Polo. My fault, my mate fixed his up,(sat in the boot kicked the bottom out so it closed fitted a new bumper and he was happy). My insurance was going to take a hit so mine went to a local bodyshop. New bonnet, leftwing, slam paneel and light units. Cost about £400ish happy again.

Like you say there is a mssive difference with how they sort insurance quotes!!!!!!!!! I say its only really there to protect us if anything nasty happen's.

:winky: