Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just wanted to let You all know about that all my collegauges think Lexus is an "old mans car"

Im not bothered with this off course.. i will not feel old in my gs430 even when im 60 :winky:

However one of them is driving Octavia RS and he really believes he can leave "old mans car" of mine in the dust.. as this statement wasnt amusing enough the other one really believes he's diesel mondeo has an "advantage" when accelerating.

Im not gonna race them.. maybe i shoud but i find it silly, really :D

These guys are qualified mechanics btw..

Let them Carry on dreaming....if driving in comfort, style and effortless purring of a v8 makes me an old man then I'm quite enjoying being old ;-)

Tell him to watch his fingers when moving his seat - those sharp edges are evil ....just before you floor your lex and see him disappear in your rear view ;)

You may also want to point out the fact that the gs430 was the fastest production saloon car in the world when launched in 2000 .... Not a usual trait of an old mans car

They are nice sleeper cars - I nearly picked up a GS430 before I got this one instead!

Plus the autobox is always pretty good for racing in straight lines as all you have to do is put your foot down and hold on :lol:

You may also want to point out the fact that the gs430 was the fastest production saloon car in the world when launched in 2000 .... Not a usual trait of an old mans car

Wasn't it the GS400 (mk1) that Lexus said that about? Still don't think it's true though as surely the M5 was faster........ :whistling:

But yes the GS430 is surprisingly quick, remember test driving a mk3 one and despite knowing it had a 5.9s 0-60 it was still mighty impressive how much power it had :D

Wasn't it the GS400 (mk1) that Lexus said that about? Still don't think it's true though as surely the M5 was faster........ :whistling:

But yes the GS430 is surprisingly quick, remember test driving a mk3 one and despite knowing it had a 5.9s 0-60 it was still mighty impressive how much power it had :D

I believe Aristo TT will do the job for M5. At least on the straight road.

I WANT TO BELIEVE :whistling:

I was under the opinion that Skoda's were for tight people. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, if the GS430 is an old man's car, what is an LS430 then? I'm only 32 :crybaby:

Do I have to start looking at Sandal's holidays, cream coloured slacks :blink:

Have definitely seen the GS430 listed as the fastest saloon car - although on checking - the M5 at the time could do 0-62 in 5.3 secs so not a lot in it - theres also the fact you have to allow the 15 minutes setting up the iDrive and selecting comfort level, ride height, suspension dampers, fluffle valves ;) so in a getaway situation think I'd prefer the lex ;)

Most people (who havent been in a lexus or owned one) seem to think they are old mans cars - But sit someone in one, take them for a drive - they soon change their mind.

I believe Aristo TT will do the job for M5. At least on the straight road.

I WANT TO BELIEVE :whistling:

A modified Aristo should do the job nicely! Not sure if the one I tested that theory with was in sports mode though but I assumed so as it was very quick off the mark!

I know mine before the FMIC would outpull an M3 (not current gen) at WOT which resulted in some funny looks :lol:

Did the same with a few Boxster S' as well which was rather funny too - one guy was right up my arse in the motorway and flashing to get out the way - you could see his blonde mrs at his side so I just dropped it into Sports mode, pulled over, let him start pulling past and then booted it - it was quite embarrassing for him when he was behind me again before the next set of traffic came anywhere near :) After a few attempts at that she started giving him a bollocking, was hilarious - he even followed me off and had one more go from a standstill but he wasn't very good at his gearchanges either :lol: In the end I was approaching my junction and had cruise set at 65 but he still wouldn't overtake then and you could see they both had sour faces :lol:

Only ever come across a current M5 once and don't know if he had it in Sports mode or not - he was racing a Vauxhall which got my attention as it was more like bullying - so I just decided to see what it could do - bearing in mind mine needed a new coilpack and wasn't holding power fantastically well - and it still gained on the M5 - that was quite funny actually :D

Also, if the GS430 is an old man's car, what is an LS430 then? I'm only 32 :crybaby:

Do I have to start looking at Sandal's holidays, cream coloured slacks :blink:

Saga holidays even!

:yack: I'm 57 and that type of holiday would not appeal. I would have bought an LS 430 if the wife didn't dislike the shape so much......she compares them to barges :winky:

:driving: To be honest, I don't know what all you guys are ranting on for. I have a VW Eos 2.0 T-FSI, and that would merk all of your cars. :whistling:

Just wanted to let You all know about that all my collegauges think Lexus is an "old mans car"

Im not bothered with this off course.. i will not feel old in my gs430 even when im 60 :winky:

However one of them is driving Octavia RS and he really believes he can leave "old mans car" of mine in the dust.. as this statement wasnt amusing enough the other one really believes he's diesel mondeo has an "advantage" when accelerating.

Im not gonna race them.. maybe i shoud but i find it silly, really :D

These guys are qualified mechanics btw..

Nothing wrong with cream coloured slacks - I've got some quality white trousers that I wear to the Gatecrasher White Parties :lol:

The LS430 is just an alcoholics car what with having the fridge in the boot - getting mine soon :lol:

:driving: To be honest, I don't know what all you guys are ranting on for. I have a VW Eos 2.0 T-FSI, and that would merk all of your cars. :whistling:

Its quite a nice car for a hairdresser but i think that the Eos is best left at home if you want power i would bring out your LS430. What a garage you must have a Ls430 and an Eos!! Lets hope its your wife's car. :whistling:

The only thing your car beats the GS 430 on is mpg. Even the Eos 3.2 V6 FSI Sport is no match in respect of both power and equipment levels. :lol::lol:

Have definitely seen the GS430 listed as the fastest saloon car - although on checking - the M5 at the time could do 0-62 in 5.3 secs so not a lot in it - theres also the fact you have to allow the 15 minutes setting up the iDrive and selecting comfort level, ride height, suspension dampers, fluffle valves ;) so in a getaway situation think I'd prefer the lex ;)

It doesn't actually take that long to set it up, just hit the M button on the steering wheel :winky:

but he wasn't very good at his gearchanges either :lol:

Lol! Sounds like he should have got a tiptronic - it's funny the number of times I've pulled away from people in more powerful cars at the lights in my IS200 Auto ( :o ) purely because they can't change gear :lol:

A standard Aristo TT surely can't beat an M5 though? Although a tuned one like yours sounds like a lot of fun to own, especially as yours looks pretty much like a standard GS...........how many horses is yours pushing now?

A standard Aristo TT surely can't beat an M5 though? Although a tuned one like yours sounds like a lot of fun to own, especially as yours looks pretty much like a standard GS...........how many horses is yours pushing now?

A standard MK2 V300 is running around 300bhp and 333ft/lb of torque - mine was sold as 350bhp which it hit on the dyno and since then I've upped the boost a bit, freer flowing panel air filter and replaced my old SMIC with a larger GReddy FMIC.

It all depends where you read - running 1.2bhp according to some people is pushing around the 400bhp mark which is the boost that is on the car now. I'm happy with mid to high 300s :) The torque figures should be high 300s - the M5 is rated at 384ft/lb as a comparison in power mode and is 200kg heavier than the Aristo looking at the figures on Carfolio!

Once I'm happy with the way it's running after playing with the gain on the boost controller it could really do with getting a dyno run somewhere just so I've got a clear figure - Yoshi quotes the following for his car which has the TOMs ECU:

400hp (low boost / 1.0 bar)

450hp (high boost / 1.22 bar)

495hp (est) on racing fuel @ 1.3 bar

The Japanese turbos as stock safely run at 1.2 bar but can be pushed higher - for those figures you really want to be looking at hybrid turbos or ones lifted straight out of a UK spec Supra which I've got sat around waiting to go on when mine blow :D

And what does merk mean?! Sorry I'm not down with the kid speak :lol:

I've just looked up the VW EOS stats and it's just over 95kg lighter than my car and pushing 207ft/lb standard so it's at least 125ft/lb down - if merk means what I assume then I'd guess up against the 430 or the V300 it would merk itself I'm afraid! In fact is it a convertible? If so you should really stick to cutting peoples hair :P

Went out in a Supra with 570bhp the other week and it's definitely set my roadmap out for where I'd like to end up - rip the twins out and replace with a decently sized single and it's a lot of fun!

Yep the problem with M cars is that the power is at the top end due to being normally aspirated...........the M5 can do 60 in the 4s though can't it so it must be quicker still..........I think it can do 0-100 in 8 or 9 seconds........

The aristo does sound like a lot of fun, probably one of the best sleepers around - only thing is I'm really not keen on the way they look. Much prefer the mk3 GS, but sadly no TT version of that one......... :(

I think the new M5 is an incredible bit of kit mate, I'd definitely have a newer one or the older ones anytime, they're just so much fun!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

:D

One of the lads where I live had a fantastic modified new one when they first came out - he's absolutely loves his cars and this thing was tuned incredible, he'd not had it long though when it got written off in those floods we had a few years back, he was heartbroken! And all because a bloody idiot in a 4x4 decided to stop in the middle of a great big flood which meant none of the cars behind could get past him - he sat there made a phone call and in the meantime every car behind was written off as they'd taken in water whereas he just drove off fine - there were a lot of unhappy faces that day!

OT but....

Its quite a nice car for a hairdresser but i think that the Eos is best left at home if you want power i would bring out your LS430. What a garage you must have a Ls430 and an Eos!! Lets hope its your wife's car. :whistling:

You two sound like an old married couple :whistling: B) :whistling:

Cheers for reminding me of that vid, that was some quality stuff!

Yep with the way the prices have been plummeting the new M5 is amazing value for money, but I've heard that servicing M cars is quite a bit more expensive than standard BMWs........

Nothing wrong with cream coloured slacks - I've got some quality white trousers that I wear to the Gatecrasher White Parties :lol:

The LS430 is just an alcoholics car what with having the fridge in the boot - getting mine soon :lol:

I knew I should be using it as a mini bar rather than a fridge. "Hic"

Does anyone know where I can buy a bald patch from?

Jim.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links