Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Fast Idle

04r1

I've just done a quick clean of manky throttle body, well grubby, gave it a wipe with some brake cleaner and a clean rag, put it all back together and the idle from cold now jumps up to 1800 rpm, which slowly descends as the engine warms. then when warm with the temp gauge midway it settles to a steady 800. thing is it never used to go above about 1200 even when very cold but now the cold start seems mega fast but it seems to settle down nicely....Is this normal?

I've pulled the ECTI and EFI fuses for a minute and reset the ECU and its the same...no lights on and runs fine :unsure:

Yeah, probably will...one thing I did notice was a kind of mesh nderneath the butterfly...is that there to stop big lumps of something going in? If so then has anyone taken it out to improve air flow? I'm getting a second hand throttle body to polish and improve airflow, so will have a look to see if it can be snipped off. :winky:

It doesnt need snippin off, you can take the throttle body apart and its just a piece of mesh layer between two parts so you can just slide it out.

However i wouldnt advice it, its there for a reason IMHO.

Stav

The bit with the mesh in it is actually also a gasket for the throttle body.

Leave it in as it it make little to no difference removing it other than to create air leaks which can cause all sorts of idle and fuelling problems. Even if you seal the throttle body properly you will still see no improvement on performance. These pieces of mesh are usually put in place to streamline the air for the MAF sensor in order to give more accurate readings. Thats how your fuelling could be thrown out by removing it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links