Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ne Scotland Motor Show

sparkystav

Right people there was thread about this the other day.

I now have some more info:

Hi folks,

Firstly I must apologies for not keeping everyone up to date with the situation on NEMS09, but we have been busy organising this event and I was also involved in a minor road accident. I’m fine but my car will need a bit of work done to it. None the less this has not stopped me or my partner in crime Gillian from organising this event.

Updates:

After months of emailing and making a lot of phone calls we can finally confirm a date and venue for this event. The venue I’m pleased to say will be the AECC and the date is now the 31st of May 2009. As some of you will be aware we were looking at the first week in June, however that was just not available to us. So it has been brought forward by only one week to the 31st of May.

We can now confirm the list of clubs coming along so far…..

Granite City Civic (GCC) www.granitecitycivic.com

Aberdeen Cruiser Club (ACC) www.aberdeencruiserclub.co.uk

NE of Scotland RS Owners Club

Aberdeen & District Motor Club (ADMC) www.admc.org.uk

Grampian Automobile Club (GAC) www.gac.org.uk

Aberdeen Mini Owners Club (AMOC) www.aberdeenminiclub.co.uk

Moray Muscle Group [uS Muscle cars] (MMG) www.moray-muscle-group.co.uk

Modded Motors (MM) www.modded-motors.org

Aberdeen Scoobies www.aberdeenscoobies.co.uk

We still have about another 15/20 clubs that we are waiting to hear from. But already Club attendance is looking to be anything between 200-400 people plus vehicles.

Companies & Dealerships confirmed so far….

Coachhouse Leisure www.coachhouseleisure.co.uk

Town & County Land Rover www.townandcounty.landrover.co.uk

News:

Our website for this event has now gone LIVE. Woohoo!!! www.northeastmotorshow.com Any news or updates we have will be posted as soon as we get them.

Also in the news is our Bebo group, which is now up and running. www.bebo.com/northeastmotorshow We are using this to gather interest in any competitions we will be running, or for anyone with an idea for the show. Also it’s a bit more “kid and family” friendly compared to an official website.

We are still looking for a main event sponsor but we are in talks with various companies, so we are just waiting to here back regarding that.

Well I think that is everything that’s new and improved so far. We will stay in touch with you all and send out updates as and when we have them. In the mean time check out our website and if you have time join the Bebo group.

Cheers,

Chris & Gilly

Event Organisers

North East Motor Show

www.northeastmotorshow.com

Anyone on here interested?

Its a bit of a trek but i'm sure it'll be worth it.

There is a Holiday inn next to the AECC and they are offering a special rate for the night B+B of £45 with a promo code so accommodation is easy to sort.

Stav

Attendees (so far).....

Stav

Mr Mole

Cameron

Rig-Pig

Micromarc

Abbot

Rogue

C499 Kev

MR2 Lad

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get a stand you coming with us Cam?

As JDMTAS are apparently trying to organise a stand as well.

Come on lets get some more Englanders to go up! dont want to be going all that way on my own.

Stav

If we get a stand you coming with us Cam?

As JDMTAS are apparently trying to organise a stand as well.

Come on lets get some more Englanders to go up! dont want to be going all that way on my own.

Stav

yeah i think i will, i put my name down as a reserve with tas,we had a wee meet the other night and i metioned it but they did not seem to be to fussed,as to who is with them etc,think jay will be on the tas stand anyway,will just need to jump between the two lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon Marc,

That’s good news to know, we put you down for a 10 car space if memory serves me right.... so your well on your way but even if you don’t get all 10 cars I’m sure it will still be a fantastic turn out. I’m really looking forward to seeing some of the cars from the club.

Well we've got some more news:

For example there’s a couple more clubs that are coming along and we also have our first NESM video up and running.

To check out the video please go to www.bebo.com/northeastmotorshow

Also I’ve attached a copy of the entry form, this needs to be signed by everyone that is displaying at the event. The form can be returned to me before or on the day of the event, if you have any questions about the entry from just let me know and ill try and answer them.

Chris

Competitions will include:

Best club award

Best Project

Best Show and Shine

Best Custom (car or bike)

Maddest engine

Best in show (Chosen from the winners of all comps)

Best Paint job

Best Classic (Classic cars/bikes will be split up into decades if necessary)

Best Burnout (possibly) :shutit: :shutit: Hmmmmmmm is it going to be a motorshow or a chavfest ??

• 2 weeks later...