Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Torn Between Is250 And Is220d

Amy

Hi

Am new to this game in general. Have had the same car since i started driving which is a battered toyota after what ive put it through.

Am adamant i am going to get a new car this year. Originally i was dead set on the IS220 D but now also ive seen the IS250 both in black and thats also stunning.

Overal my knowledge of cars is absolutely zero bar knowing where to stick the fuel/key in.

SO-am wondering if anyone would kindly advise me on which ones better to get as i havent got a clue. Ive tried looking at the lexus website to see the differences between them but its just not making sense.

Any input would be appreciated.

Amy

Hi Amy welcome to LOC :)

In my opinion, go for the 250, with the auto box, from the reports on here the 220D does seem to have a few problems, plus its only available in a manual.

I would suggest test driving both, and them make your own mind up, but the 250 auto is a very nice car to drive.

John

I would suggest test driving both, and them make your own mind up, but the 250 auto is a very nice car to drive.

John

Yes, drive them both and see what you think. Leicester let me test drive a IS220D in the morning and a IS250 in the afternoon. I loved the 220D but when I got into the IS250, it only took a few yards to tell me that it was an IS250 Auto for me.

Based on the number of unhappy 220d (many) owners, and unhappy 250 owners (almost none) I'd recommend the 250.

There's not a lot in it fuel wise, but it's a much better car. And yes as the others have said make sure you get it with the auto box as that's the perfect combination :)

Welcome to LOC!