Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all,

I had to replace one of my back wheels with the spare wheel today due to a slightly illegal tyre. As the spare tyre is new i decided to swap them to save a bit of money. Took the spare out and it is a Chrome alloy, still the standard 17 inch lexus alloy as on the GS430 but its chrome finished. Looks great apart from the other wheels on my car are not chrome effect :crybaby: Rather than get the tyre swapped onto the old wheel I have decided to try and get hold of another 3 chrome plated wheels as it does look smart on the car. Does anyone know of any up for sale? or any ideas who I could try apart from the lexus dealer due to £££££'s

Cheers

Glenn

I have exactly the same situation!! It comes about because at some point a dealer will have refurbished the 4 wheels on the car, and ignored the one in the boot. Then you go to change the wheel, and of course you then have 3 silver ones and a polished one.

I don't think they are chrome as such, rather polished and then lacquered alloy. It lay therefore be possible to remove the paint and then buff them up with a polisher - would be a lot of effort though. You'd need to get them lacquered as well or they would corrode horribly in no time. My intention is just to have the chrome one sprayed up silver to match the others, it will cost a lot less that way!

I have exactly the same situation!! It comes about because at some point a dealer will have refurbished the 4 wheels on the car, and ignored the one in the boot. Then you go to change the wheel, and of course you then have 3 silver ones and a polished one.

I don't think they are chrome as such, rather polished and then lacquered alloy. It lay therefore be possible to remove the paint and then buff them up with a polisher - would be a lot of effort though. You'd need to get them lacquered as well or they would corrode horribly in no time. My intention is just to have the chrome one sprayed up silver to match the others, it will cost a lot less that way!

Hi Mike, I was also thinking that by the time the nice shiney wheel has been on for a few weeks going up and down the motorways in this weather, it probably wont look much different to the other 3?

I've seen them on a few cars here, there was a set popped up on eBay I was after a few months back but never seen them again since!

They do look really nice I think, was a nice standard wheel!

As far as I know the chrome ones were only really available in the US, they pop up on ebay now and then..........

Although is it chromed, or diamond cut?

If you removed the silver paint down to the bare metal, and then polished it, you'd end up with the wheels we're talking about... It's a mirror finish on all visible surfaces of the wheel.

Hi Mike, I was also thinking that by the time the nice shiney wheel has been on for a few weeks going up and down the motorways in this weather, it probably wont look much different to the other 3?

You're right, actually. It's not that different now. Will still get it painted though!

You're right, actually. It's not that different now. Will still get it painted though!

I had a set of those on a GS430 MK2 I used to have prior to the sport - they do look good but IMO were nothing but trouble - I had them replaced twice under the Lexus warranty due to the laquer coming off and the dealer told me Lexus abandoned them in the end due to all the warranty claims.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links