Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will Is220 17" Alloys Fit On My Car?

temptation is starting to get the better of me lmao! depending upon price I may get them but they've got no tyres on them so its gonna cost me more money buying tyres. the thought only crossed my mind as the wheels on my car have been curbed quite a bit. oh bugger they're on the same colour car as well lol...

apart from these wheels being the same diameter are they the same width as standard is200 wheels or wider as I'm sure the 220/250 wheels were wider

temptation is starting to get the better of me lmao! depending upon price I may get them but they've got no tyres on them so its gonna cost me more money buying tyres. the thought only crossed my mind as the wheels on my car have been curbed quite a bit. oh bugger they're on the same colour car as well lol...

apart from these wheels being the same diameter are they the same width as standard is200 wheels or wider as I'm sure the 220/250 wheels were wider

Not sure on the size matey, but would think your other tyres would fit if there the 17" ? Wildybeast would probably tell you more on what size tyres he has mate :)

Edit: just found a post that says 225/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rear fitted to the IS250/220 so do look wider?

Not sure on the size matey, but would think your other tyres would fit if there the 17" ? Wildybeast would probably tell you more on what size tyres he has mate :)

Edit: just found a post that says 225/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rear fitted to the IS250/220 so do look wider?

could there be any problems with rubbing on wider rears u think mate?

could there be any problems with rubbing on wider rears u think mate?

There's no problems in fitting these except, as previously mentioned, filing or grinding the of raised lump on the front suspension uprights to clear the inner rim of the 17" Second Generation IS wheels.

I used my original 250 wheels on my IS200 when the 200 rims were being refurbed, and I believe a couple of other members on LOC with 200's also used them when I left them at WIM for the same purpose.

The initial OEM 250 wheels were the same 8" width all round with the staggered width tyres of the sizes the Bandit posted, but I am LED to understand the later models had 8.5" width 17" rims on the rear (tyres remained same size). The 18" optional wheels were certainly 8" & 8.5". If you have the 17" it's worth checking the size which is cast into the spokes on the inside, but there's still no problem with the clearance on the rear when fitted to the IS200.

so if these ended up the wider versions would they still fit?

I'm sure I've already confirmed they'll fit in my previous post. :unsure: You'll need new tyres anyway as the rolling radius is about 8% bigger on the IS250. How much are they asking for the set of four without tyres?

They were going for £50 starting price and no one bidded, neither did I as couldnt make my mind up about them. Woulda been a bargain tho. The guy email me saying they're off a 2005 car, which had 225/45/17 fronts 245/45/17 rears and have covered average mileage. recently refurbed. asked them what the damage was and was told it was only superficial scuffing etc and they werent bent. wonder how much a decent set of tyres would be as debating contacting the guy n getting them off him as backup wheels

They were going for £50 starting price and no one bidded, neither did I as couldnt make my mind up about them. Woulda been a bargain tho. The guy email me saying they're off a 2005 car, which had 225/45/17 fronts 245/45/17 rears and have covered average mileage. recently refurbed. asked them what the damage was and was told it was only superficial scuffing etc and they werent bent. wonder how much a decent set of tyres would be as debating contacting the guy n getting them off him as backup wheels

I have a full set with the original Bridgestone Potenza's on that have only done about 7K miles :whistling:

I have a full set with the original Bridgestone Potenza's on that have only done about 7K miles :whistling:

I wish you had said that the other day I just bought a set off eBay!

• 3 weeks later...