Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Legana Bumper Frp

Abaddon

I emailed a few suppliers and found one in HK that makes a FRP knockoffs of the legana bumper for under 150 pounds for a single item. Since to ship one would be rather expensive and to ship many probably wouldn't be that much more I thought I would post on here and see if anyone is interested in a group buy.

They are unpainted FRP without the lights (can get from toyoxus or hella copies) and there would be some tax ontop.

Attached is a photo they sent me sorry non-goldies I can't be bothered posting it on photobucket atm hehe.

*edit* whoops I just noticed I've spelt gauging wrong in the title but can't change it nevermind

post-27012-1233789149.jpg

Just thinking, something that big it's pretty likely you're going to get stung for import duty and tax on each bumper to the tune of around 20% on each one, might just be worth getting the FRP one from EPRacing like Patrik did as it's already in the country?

Just thinking, something that big it's pretty likely you're going to get stung for import duty and tax on each bumper to the tune of around 20% on each one, might just be worth getting the FRP one from EPRacing like Patrik did as it's already in the country?

Any idea of how much the ep racing one is there website is stupid as it has no prices.

When i was up at there place before xmas, they did have quite a bit of stuff for the IS200, i asked about getting some custom stuff or new lines made and they said 6 months to get a new design molded and shipped back from china :crying:

Also my mates 180sx bumper didnt fit very well so might be worth making sure any of these fit well before committing to a group buy.

All that said I am interested though :)

FRP seems to have common fitment issues mate so I think you're going to hit problems no matter which one you go with that's not genuine.

I think Patrik said he paid £195 from EPRacing via eBay but you've then got delivery on top of that.

Having said that if you got loads in a group buy you could always surface ship them which should save considerable money?

One of the Irish lads posted up a website that had these replicas as well, they were cheap but can't remember it off the top of my head. As an idea when I bought my GReddy FMIC from Japan that was about 500 quid delivered and then when it came UPS still made me pay the 100 quid import / handling fee even though they'd lost it three times as soon as it arrived in the UK and messed me about.

Patrik said that his FRP one from EPRacing fitted pretty badly, and he had to do a load of work on it. The end result looks great, but then Patrik seems to be a very talented guy at this sort of thing (well, anything to do with his Lex !).

Not trying to be negative about a potential Group Buy on this, just that as has been said, fitting it is likely to be not simple.

Patrik said that his FRP one from EPRacing fitted pretty badly, and he had to do a load of work on it. The end result looks great, but then Patrik seems to be a very talented guy at this sort of thing (well, anything to do with his Lex !).

Not trying to be negative about a potential Group Buy on this, just that as has been said, fitting it is likely to be not simple.

If i can get a original one I can get the guys im getting the wings and stuff done with, but i would prefer to see how the wings and bonnet come out first before anything more technical like bumpers. I was pretty impressed with there set up though. They had over £10k of carbon rolls 3 different colours which was pretty funky. So i'll let you know how it goes.

That's the one cheers fella, it does look nice that one :)

I'm getting worried though as after seeing that website I keep looking for GS kits!

I emailed a few suppliers and found one in HK that makes a FRP knockoffs of the legana bumper for under 150 pounds for a single item. Since to ship one would be rather expensive and to ship many probably wouldn't be that much more I thought I would post on here and see if anyone is interested in a group buy.

They are unpainted FRP without the lights (can get from toyoxus or hella copies) and there would be some tax ontop.

Attached is a photo they sent me sorry non-goldies I can't be bothered posting it on photobucket atm hehe.

*edit* whoops I just noticed I've spelt gauging wrong in the title but can't change it nevermind

hey mate,

who are toyoxus?where are they based?do they supply the proper fog lights for the legana bumper?

• 1 month later...

Perfect timing! I am considering getting one of them too! Just to let you guys know, I Emailed EP Racing a couple of weeks back for a quote and they said "The Lexus IS200 TR-Style front bumper is £210 + £25 carriage within UK mainland."

I was also thinking, even if the FRP copies aren't perfect, you're not gonna be the one spraying and fitting them will you? I'm sure you, like myself intend on leaving that job to the professionals, the body shop, who will make it fit perfectly for you, all you need to be worried about is whether you can foot the bill. so I'd say you should look for a good body shop as the priority than if the FRP bumper is perfect cos it's not, even if it were perfect, i doubt we'd be paying £200 for it if you know what i mean... but anyway i'd be interested in the group buy if it works out...

One of the Irish lads posted up a website that had these replicas as well, they were cheap but can't remember it off the top of my head.

http://typerkits.com/index.php?option=com_...1&Itemid=66

bit more expensive than EP, but they do a version with a carbon lip that looks fab :)

I noticed it states that it comes with all the teimmings (grill, fog lights and mesh), maybe the one EP Racing supplies doesn't come with these, I'm not sure as i forgot to ask when i E-mailed them for the quote...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links