Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Japshow 09 - Santa Pod

johnboy

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bazza.

Personally. I belive. That. Is very smart. Why didnt anybody else think of it..... .Although, the stickers may have a bar code/number on them that are checked when you enter the pod. So no sticker can be used twice?

And they know how many stickers we have payed for, so our stand would be overflowing :D

never seen them being checked before

they have no monetary value so whats the harm :whistling:

failing that, just wait for the track to open and drive round to the stand, if any one asks you are going on track !

Nice idea, like that one!

should i take this one insted?

Only thing is it says affix to windscreen. Whoever wants it, if i give you a couple of numbers to ring i can try and meet you ay entrance with it??

Don't know if you have had any offers for the pass if not PM me if you like, cheers

Waiting on a track rod end mate, just rang and the chap has said it should be here by 12pm so will be there, should only take me 15 mins to fit :)

The one thats gone is unbelievable being as it passed its MOT 2 weeks ago? when i did the calipers yesterday i could move the wheel over an inch in and out on the steering :o

Waiting on a track rod end mate, just rang and the chap has said it should be here by 12pm so will be there, should only take me 15 mins to fit :)

The one thats gone is unbelievable being as it passed its MOT 2 weeks ago? when i did the calipers yesterday i could move the wheel over an inch in and out on the steering :o

Did the MOT inspector have a labradore dog and dark glasses.

Thats downright dangerous.

Did the MOT inspector have a labradore dog and dark glasses.

Thats downright dangerous.

No, but if i ever meet him he'll need them :tsktsk: :lol:

How its lasted over the past couple of weeks is amazing, i can lift the ball joint up out of the joint and the only thing holding it in is the ripped boot thats fitted :o

At least i now know why the steering wasnt very good?

Just got back home from a wonderful day at the "pod" , great weather , cars , and other nice things to look at , it was good to meet up with the regular "posse" again , and it was good to see the new "skylex" or was it the "lexline" :D

Just got back , what a great day, great weather, great cars, and lovely girls to look at.

Oh and the usual crowd were ok too :lol:

Thanks to everyone who turned up, it was great to have a full stand of members cars.

Dont forget japshow finale in October.

Just got back myself, had a great day and caught the sun (two shows this year, two bouts of sunburn)

Also proved that Draggin is 90% Driver, 10% car :lol:

As car was good (though was prob getting a bit warm by run 4) but the best i managed was a 15.2 :(

Stav

Wow, what a brilliant day ! :D

Big thanks to Johnboy for organising it. The weather got better as the day went on. Good turnout from the club, great to chat to everyone (sorry if I missed you though !). And OMG, that jet car, that was one of the most amazing things ever ! :yahoo:

Unfortunately no pics from me (i'm not very good with pics) but a small write up of my exploits :lol:.

i got there earlier than expected and was first Lexus in the stand, so sat by myself for about 20minutes or so.

Good to meet some new members and look at the conversions even though it was a shame about Phils clutch.

But its good to see new people turning up to each meet.

A little later i headed to the strip in my car, got there and hadnt signed up (DOH!), so had to abandon the car at the side of the Q and run and get signed up quick.

Did 4 runs, but not much success!

First Run, was messing about and not sure what to do, forgot launch control and had a mare, but a good laugh. finished that and went straight back round.

This time i was on the far lane, i used lauch but couldnt grip properly so sat there spinning for a second or so, so that lost time.

Left a little while then had my third run, nearside this time. Used launch and set off, but i think theres a protective thing in the ECU cause my rev limits had lowered a bit so hit the rev limiter a couple of times. but that was my fastest run 15.2 Secs, not what i hoped (wanted somewhere in the 14's) but i cant drive for toffee so good enough for now LOL.

4th run i was in the far lane again, and again couldnt get traction!!! must be that lane, but that was a poor run as well.

but saying all that i'd def do it again!

Inbetween all that i had the car put on a mobile Dyno. another disappointment :(

came out at 262bhp est at the fly. but the problem was blatently obvious looking at the graphs, my boost peaked, then nosedives down. Ive got a leak somewhere.

The operator said that the 300 i expected was there, but suggested the boost controlling solenoid may be opening too long and letting too much boost out so will have that seen to. Already spoken to Silverline Racing and it was going to go for a check over before the Nurburgring trip next month so that will be sorted no problem.

So the car got a bit of a hammering today, but she still tootled home nicely and is now getting a well deserved rest :lol:

But thats enough about me.

Overall had a great day out and some with nice bodywork about.

I'm sure everyone will post pics shortly.

Stav