Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Japfest 09 - Castle Combe

johnboy

Masterjokay, send a PM to Johnboy and ask him if you can get onto the stand. In the worst case, I'm sure you can buy a ticket on the day and still get in, just that your car won't be on the stand. Your next project sounds a nice one ! :D

edeath - cheeky ! But probably true :crybaby:. There was an outside chance I'd get my Lex back tomorrow but that's been dashed so it's deffo the Yaris for me. I'm up for meeting at Chievely, though you'll probably leave me for dust on the M4 ! :lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys , they will give you a program/timetable when you get there.....and remember to put the a4 sized pass in your windscreen so the marshalls let you in the right gate and point you to the correct area :)

Great day at Japfest. Nice to meet icemahn, Rolex, spikes and LEX11S for the first time. Also nice to see edeath, w481ggc and masterjokay again. Also really good to have a chat with Wayne and Phil from SPC Horsham, sounds like they've got lots of cool plans for making IS200s go faster ! :D

Dave's turbo manifold looks very nice, will be very interesting to hear how that goes, nice one Dave (and SPC for making it in the first place !) :D

Think we were very lucky with the weather, it stayed dry all day except at the end, at which point I was going anyway.

The drifting demos were particularly cool to watch. Quite a big accident at one point though right near where edeath and I were watching :ohmy: , apparently a photographer was injured but not seriously. Must have been an even more brown-trouser-moment for the passenger (all of whom had won their seats in a competition !) than normal !

I only took a handful of photos, will post them up later.

A few pics :

LOC stand

IMG_2558_edited-1.jpg

IMG_2559_edited-1.jpg

After seeing the supercharger installation at JAE last year, Dave decides to go one better and do a turbo installation at Japfest (*)

IMG_2560.jpg

(*) ok, not really, but apparently it's getting installed next week, and the manifold does look like a real work of art, lovely ! :D

Good to see everybody in flesh. Quite interesting mods discussed. It was a good day, worth the drive. I saw a few cars pulled by the police on the way home. I got some pics but could not post. I'll PM them to steve, maybe he can post it for me. Nice meeting everybody!

I saw a few cars pulled by the police on the way home.

Yeah, the police were obviously waiting on the route home, I saw that too, several cars pulled over. I wonder what that was for ? I did see one of them with an illegal number plate (font too small), I wonder if it was for that ?

looks llike a good show.

The Police will use ANY excuse to pull someone at these events, only for the oppertunity to see what else is amiss with the car or driver. Happens evey year at the Silverstone racing events, and sometimes at Santa Pod.

The secret is to have everything legal when you arrive and leave, so if you want small font numberplates etc. swap them over at the event. Don't give the police an excuse to pull you.

hi .

im new to the site as i only bought my long awaited lexus is200 navigator two weeks ago.

was good to see the cars there but when i found the satnd there was only four was hoping to speak to more of you.

sadly was not impressed when made to park my gleaming car in a field lol.

hope you all had a good day and next time i plan to be on the stand. was talking to a guy at japfest who had the stand with the gold fto i have to get email him as we are looking into a heat changing paint and many other plans

a good day out ... Brad

It was a good day at japfest.

I had a walk by the club stand but there was no one about. Cars looked very nice tho

I did see someone was packing a set of brembo's on there IS, would of been interested in finding out more about them and what was involved with fitting them.

pics look good

wow a nice big turbo there Dave what is? are you still running with the standard gear box or will a different box be fitted to take the extra power? the car will be savage with that bolted on :D

the car with the brembos was daves and i think they were skyline calipers with brackets to ft them to the is200

im new to the site as i only bought my long awaited lexus is200 navigator two weeks ago.

was good to see the cars there but when i found the satnd there was only four was hoping to speak to more of you.

Welcome ! Were you one of the guys there when a load of us all coincidentally arrived back at the stand at a similar time (around 3pm ? I'm not sure of the time though) ? Or did you miss us completely ?

Sorry that you didn't get to speak to more of us, I arrived with edeath but it took us most of the day to get to bump into any other LOC members too !

Keep an eye out for more meets where there might be more of a chance to chat, e.g. when there are more people there and always people at the club/stand, or at a meet where there isn't other stuff going on and so people will be staying near their cars.

Dave, whose car has the Brembos, is user w481ggc on here, look out for his postings, and check out a big thread on his car here :)

I saw a few cars pulled by the police on the way home.

Yeah, the police were obviously waiting on the route home, I saw that too, several cars pulled over. I wonder what that was for ? I did see one of them with an illegal number plate (font too small), I wonder if it was for that ?

Strange - I turned left out of the gate and all I saw were a couple of broken down Evo's lol.

Great to see everyone again.

hi .

hope you all had a good day and next time i plan to be on the stand. was talking to a guy at japfest who had the stand with the gold fto i have to get email him as we are looking into a heat changing paint and many other plans

a good day out ... Brad

hi is200lad another IS from the bath area,sorry i missed you mate

hi .

a good day out ... Brad

hi yea well im from melksham was a shame i missed all of you we will all have o meet up again soon would be good to know cars to the faces wb.

hi .

a good day out ... Brad

hi yea well im from melksham was a shame i missed all of you we will all have o meet up again soon would be good to know cars to the faces wb.

about 18 miles from me

hi .

a good day out ... Brad

that will only take 15 mins my cousin lives in radstock anyway mate

If you didn't make it, here's a flavour of the on-track action that you missed out on :

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

that video does look good.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links