Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebc Turbo Groove Rotors And Ebc Pads

GRiM

Getting my disks and pads tomorrow. Are they easy to fit, or are they mechanic material? :unsure::blink:

Anyone wanna help me fit them at Bracknell? :hocus-pokus: :shifty:

The acclaimed EBC Turbo Rotors and pads GB can now go Live. (Finally) .

Are you really sure about the acclaimed bit???

Especially the grooved....... the non-grooved are better than the weakened - errrr - slotted noisy ones.... but even so they are popular rather than acclaimed (IMO)

A group of peeps were at the EBC stand at the Autosport show discussing the products. The EBC chaps were very much trying to avoid the questions.

For example - big sign on the stand about the Red Stuff trackday pads. We pointed out that Red stuff (which had been correctly run in) was completely trashed in just 20 minutes at Donington on a non-competitive trackday!

The disks should only be used with other EBC products, otherwise are known for warping.

I used to have some on my ickle CRX - exactly the same - turbo grooved and greens - I removed after just 1,000 miles!

I have spoken to some people who have had no problems at all with these. I have spoken to people who rate them highly (for the money). But I have spoken to many people who wouldn't touch them again - and not all are track-day people or even people who drive hard.

I don't want to put a damper on a group buy, especialy since I appreciate the hard work that goes into organising these (and so I appologise for not speaking sooner) - but since the Lexus is a heavy car, I feel that I must say something as warping disks on a heavy RWD car will not be fun! At least if you have some warning but decide to go ahead - you will at least ensure they are run in fully before pressing on, and go steady!

(Oh - I have only read the 1st post or two - tis late, and I'm not online for long... sorry if this has already happened!!!)

Mine Too arrived today :D :D

Clean 18s, sexy brakes.....

What color shall I paint the calipers :unsure:

Car is Royal Sapphire..... any suggestions pleeease.

Nice Group Buy Gord, whats next ? I've got the bug.

Anyone seen the GB for the supercharger ?? Tempted.

Whats yours go like Gord...

Do most people just put the EBC Green Pads on the Front and leave the back as normal?

problem is that the EBC pads eat up the standard disks really quickly.

:sad:

so - as EBC don't make rear disks for the IS - best bet is to leave the rears as standard, or get used to buying new rear disks.

Just out of interest...

If you put EBC discs and pads on the front, and left the rear standard...

even though 75% of braking comes from the front, wouldn't this un-balance the car under heavy braking?

:blink:

Just out of interest...

even though 75% of braking comes from the front, wouldn't this un-balance the car under heavy braking?

wouldn't have thought so.

The standard brakes are excellent - the EBC ones are not so substantially better as to make that much of a difference I would have thought.

Just out of interest...

nope.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links