Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Clock Light

N-iGMA

Hi guys,

I had my new Headunit fitted in this weekend and ever since I noticed that the Dash Clock's Backlight stays on even after turning the car off or locking the car.

I'm sure this isn't normal but I'm not too sure as I never took much notice of this previously.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sunil Kerai

Lexus IS200 Sport | TTE Front Bumper, TRD Side Skirts TTE Rear Skirt | 6000K HID Lights | LED Number Plate Lights | LED Interior Lights

W.I.P: Kenwood DNX5220 + KCA BT200 | Kenwood KAC 9102D Mono Amp | 10" Kicker Solobaric in Custom Kicker Box

nah that shouldnt happen mate, as far as i remember the backlight comes on as soon as you turn the key to the first click, regardless of if you turn lights on or not, but definitely goes off when you take key out, havent a clue what would make it stay on tho

Presumably you removed the a/c controls and the connectors from this unit as part of removing the old head unit ? If so, might you perhaps have accidentally damaged/dislodged some of the wiring ? The clock light will be powered via this a/c control connector.

Thanks guys

• 2 years later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I have read on a post here that:

"When taking the stock unit off you are breaking the circuit between clock, c-lighter n sat-nav if u got one which will mean they r running on 12v constant n not ign. In that case u will have to take ur stock unit apart and connect the circuit board leaving it in the glove box connected to the original iso cable in order to have the circuit running. My Battery was flat overnight lol."

Am i right in saying that simply removing the fuse for the Cig Lighter will stop its constant 12v and keep the Battery alive for much longer?

Thanks!