Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brought A Polisher!

aztecbandit1

Sounds like a pretty decent price there, but won't having two polishing heads make more complicated areas more difficult to do?

I've never used one these proper polishers though (only a cheapo one I got from Halfords) so no idea what they're like to use :unsure:

yea, 2 heads are supposed to help cut down strain in the arms through vibration etc as chris said.

looks a good piece of kit - especially at that price.

is it rotary polisher or random orbital?? i always thought the random orbital were better for the paint - but not entirely sure. mind you, when used correctly i guess both should work a treat!!

what products u thinking of using chris?? there's a massive range out there, but some well priced quality products can be had from poorboys, mezerna etc. try cleanyourcar.com i think it is. They're brilliant and know their stuff really well. Can get all sort from them mate!! i've used them several times and i think its tim is more than happy to speak on the phone and offer advice - top service.

i would reccomend the klasse products also (also branded as carlack 68), but they're more for hand application. I have enough of the stuff to do a fleet of cars, so your more than welcome to borrow the lot and have a go - that way u can get a feel for them and see what the results are like without buying them.

are you thinking of doing a full paint correction type job? or just get rid of bad swirls and generally improve the clarity/shine of the paint??

basically mate its a full restoration of the paint so that all swirl, sanding, marring, oxidation marks are removed and a uniform paint thickness is established across the car. Its a service generally offered by pro valeters, but can be done urself with the right knowledge, time, equipment and effort. the results are 2nd to none, but its not a short process.

a bit more info here mate: http://www.finerdetails.co.uk/7.html

yea, 2 heads are supposed to help cut down strain in the arms through vibration etc as chris said.

looks a good piece of kit - especially at that price.

is it rotary polisher or random orbital?? i always thought the random orbital were better for the paint - but not entirely sure. mind you, when used correctly i guess both should work a treat!!

what products u thinking of using chris?? there's a massive range out there, but some well priced quality products can be had from poorboys, mezerna etc. try cleanyourcar.com i think it is. They're brilliant and know their stuff really well. Can get all sort from them mate!! i've used them several times and i think its tim is more than happy to speak on the phone and offer advice - top service.

i would reccomend the klasse products also (also branded as carlack 68), but they're more for hand application. I have enough of the stuff to do a fleet of cars, so your more than welcome to borrow the lot and have a go - that way u can get a feel for them and see what the results are like without buying them.

are you thinking of doing a full paint correction type job? or just get rid of bad swirls and generally improve the clarity/shine of the paint??

Yes Rob its a dual random orbital, so should be a pretty good starting point for a beginner :whistling:

Might be popping to the Smartool training centre as its ony in Lichfield so about 6 miles from me, they do a 1 day or 2 day training course which i think would be good to do and learn the basics of paint correction? :)

Hopefully i'll be able to tidy the paint on mine a bit, to give it a bit more life as its starting to show its age now :crybaby: But have a feeling it will come up quite well :)

Actually, it's not all that weighty, and what extra weight it has over the Autosmart copy, is advantageous as witnessed by the extremely low vibrations and relative lack of need to add any downward pressure when polishing.

aztecbandit,your getting the bug now fella,once you get it all polished up your car will look superb,what colouris it.i can recomend the menzerna polishes and as rob say's the carlack:nsc68,lls and the shampoo.sample size pack's for the menzerna polish is a good choice as they are in 250ml bottles from clean your car .co.uk.i bought some shampoo a while back and when i opened the package and about a third had leaked out,i phoned cyc and tim sent me another bottle foc,great service.

aztecbandit,your getting the bug now fella,once you get it all polished up your car will look superb,what colouris it.i can recomend the menzerna polishes and as rob say's the carlack:nsc68,lls and the shampoo.sample size pack's for the menzerna polish is a good choice as they are in 250ml bottles from clean your car .co.uk.i bought some shampoo a while back and when i opened the package and about a third had leaked out,i phoned cyc and tim sent me another bottle foc,great service.

Yes mate i'm quite looking forward to giving it a good going over now :D With the colour of my Lex i'm hoping it will look pretty good after ;)

Here's my lex matey, And will have a nosey at cyc thanks :)

2009_0131snoopersapphireplus0019_ed.jpg

Yes mate i'm quite looking forward to giving it a good going over now :D With the colour of my Lex i'm hoping it will look pretty good after ;)

Here's my lex matey, And will have a nosey at cyc thanks :)

2009_0131snoopersapphireplus0019_ed.jpg

it look's like a clear coat pearl /mica, is that right.

Not 100% on the clear coat mate but it is a a pearl mica so thinking about it, it probably is clear coated? the colour is aztec fire red :) what would you reccomend for this type of colour matey? :unsure:
yes it's a clearcoat from what you have said.carlack as said is my choice,with it being a sealant it brings out the best in your pearl finish and will also give you superior protection against bird droppings.with you polishing back the paint you could leave aside the nsc and just use multi coats of lls.after polishing,wipe down with meths&water 50/50 solution.then apply lls on a damp micro fibre very thin coat then buff off with m/f one panel at a time.you won't beleive the gloss.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links