Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Sat Nav System

Hi im new here so sorry if this has already been posted before. My IS200 is the standard spec with sat nav (no amp) anyway the headunit im guessing powers the sat nav, my head unit makes 3 beeps then powers off and all the sat nav keeps reading is "check CD-ROM" when i put the cd for the sat nav in it loads up goes through the instal set up then goes back to "check cd-rom" :tsktsk: at this point the magic 3 beeps come and power off the head unit and sat nav. so now the OEM head unit picked up that annoying Error 3 message. :ohmy:

Just wondering if there is a fault with the HU does that mean that there will be a fault with the Sat nav?

And has anyone had this problem the "check cd rom" thing???

i really wont the navigation to work.

Welcome to LOC mate.

Problem 1.

You will need to wait for a Navigator owner to help here mate, but I believe the CD-ROM disc itself or

the CD-Rom Drive in the boot is at fault. Is the disc dirty in any way or damaged ? You may well need

to purchase an updated CD-ROM disc which probably won't be cheap........

Problem 2.

The ERR3 issue has nothing at all to do with the Sat-Nav problem (other than it isn't working :crybaby:).

It does however mean the OE Head Unit is ready for the bin. All is not lost however, as you can replace

the Head Unit with a Single or Double DIN aftermarket one, and get a module from E-Bay

to keep the Sat-Nav functioning, but only if you get to the bottom of problem 1 first. You will need this

module as the cars amplifier needs to be fooled into thinking the standard Head unit is still functioning

correctly to retain operation.

Alternatively you could buy a secondhand OE Head Unit with the same number by the cassette slot, but there

is no guarantee how long it would work for, and you are better off replacing it with something more modern

that will be more reliable......

I would suggest solving problem 1 first, as problem 2 is a relatively straightforward procedure.......

Janey's link above to Stevie's thread will help with lots of info.

regards

Wozza

Edited by janey
trading T & C's

• 1 month later...

You may well need

get a module from E-Bay

to keep the Sat-Nav functioning, but only if you get to the bottom of problem 1 first. You will need this

module as the cars amplifier needs to be fooled into thinking the standard Head unit is still functioning

correctly to retain operation.

Can the OEM sat nav Definatley work with an aftermarket stereo? Will I loose voice guidance do you think?

If the OEM sat nav can work with aftermarket stereo what are the correct wiring looms I need as there are a few models?

I have IS200 sport with sat nav likely I believe to have built in amp as well.

Im not not bothered about loosing voice guidance. If this works I want to then install a whole ice system with aftermarket amp running fresh wires through the car and just unplug factory wires from speakers then I want to replace the speakers aswell is this viable. I have done plenty of car audio installs just have'nt tackled an is200 with sat nav

Please help

If your planning a full install with all the speakers running through amps then you only need the Fargo Satnav box.

there is a live, switched and earth signal in the original plug behind the stereo.

And i believe in the fitting instructions fargo sends you with his box it covers this scenario.

Stav