Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is250c In The Metal - A Few Pics And A Video Of Hood

Hi all,

Not been on the forums for ages!

Hope everyone is well? Many new members?

They had the IS250C at work today, and managed to get the keys to have a brief play.

Thought I'd show you and comment on it for what its worth!

Only had my N95 for some quick photos and a video of the hood in action.

And pictures (taken by a work colleague - so not my fault if you think they're crap!)

th_12022009255.jpg

th_12022009256.jpg

th_12022009254.jpg

The car itself looks nice with the very light grey interiour - almost looks white.

Some things I noticed:

• Sat nav graphics look "nicer" with more colours and maybe even higher resolution
  • Not all the electric windows are "auto" as per the saloons (yes - there are 4 windows still in the car)
  • Front cockpit interior much the same
  • The electronic graphic display in the dials has a graphic animation and progress bar of the roof open/close
  • You have to hold the roof open/close button for the duration of the "transformation"
  • There is a (small) boot!
  • The wing mirrors now automatically close, and open when you lock/unlock the car on the keyfob
  • This one was an automatic
  • Its a 2 door (obviously) - with both electric buttons and a manual lever to fold the front seats forwards to let passengers into the rear
  • Same twin exhausts as the current IS250
  • Really nice 18" alloys

Sorry for the lack of high quality pics - car was parked in an awkward parking space, and I was still quite excited to care about what photos my colleague took!

Promise to get some more decent photos next time I get the chance.

The lady who gave me the keys was under strict instruction not to let anyone drive it away! :crybaby:

So no comments on how it drives.

D.

Nice pics mate, how does the rear end look in the flesh? That's the only part from photos that puts me off at the mo........

Gotta say that pic of the rear end with the roof down next to the saloon looks fine.......

Hey,

Yeah, it was a tad cold yesterday.

Was going to go take some "proper" pictures at lunch, but it had gone by then :sad: Need to find the lady who had the keys again!

Pictures and video from UK - the car was left hand drive. No idea which country it was from (didn't try to find out tbh). Dont recognise that number plate's country of origin either.

The car was most certainly filthy on the outside (inside was fine though!). Lady said it was for dealers who were interested and wanted to see the car or something like that.

Rear passenger leg room - very similar to current saloon tbh. There isn't a middle fold down arm rest. erm...

To be honest though, when I first walked towards the car, the rear of it from a distance reminded me a lot of the Peugeot 206CC, and then a bit of the SLK convertible :wacko:

Argh, wish I took the pictures now.

D'oh.

D.

Hey,

Yeah, it was a tad cold yesterday.

Was going to go take some "proper" pictures at lunch, but it had gone by then :sad: Need to find the lady who had the keys again!

Pictures and video from UK - the car was left hand drive. No idea which country it was from (didn't try to find out tbh). Dont recognise that number plate's country of origin either.

The car was most certainly filthy on the outside (inside was fine though!). Lady said it was for dealers who were interested and wanted to see the car or something like that.

Rear passenger leg room - very similar to current saloon tbh. There isn't a middle fold down arm rest. erm...

To be honest though, when I first walked towards the car, the rear of it from a distance reminded me a lot of the Peugeot 206CC, and then a bit of the SLK convertible :wacko:

Argh, wish I took the pictures now.

D'oh.

D.

It does look a beautiful car! When are they on sale? Are they on sale in other countries?

The car looks like to have trade plates fitted, which would make sense. It was a lovely day there, that's why I asked where the shots were taken, I thought you were in the states. B)

Belgian number plates.Lexus Europe HQ.

Belgian number plates.Lexus Europe HQ.

Yep deffo Belgium plates

i work for a Belgium Company

R u on Flickr ? Iv seen these pics on there

Yeah - I uploaded there directly from my N95 at first... then realised I couldn't link to them directly from the Forum image tags.

Pics of the New Avensis on FlickR as well, and the iQ.

R u on Flickr ? Iv seen these pics on there

Yeah - I uploaded there directly from my N95 at first... then realised I couldn't link to them directly from the Forum image tags.

Pics of the New Avensis on FlickR as well, and the iQ.

Ill have 2 add u :winky: i saw the IQ @ my local Toyota dealer & i like it, it`s realy cute :)

Just noticed your Lex is in my group on Flickr Nice 1, it`s like mine ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links