Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led's For Dash

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just fitted the LEDs to the dash but I'm not sure they are all working correctly compared to the dash pics shown on this thread......it looks a bit dark, especially where the MPH should be on the bottom of the speedo.

What do you guys think?

362396122.jpg

Keith

Cheers guys.........think I'll take them all out tomorrow and put them back in one at a time, should be the easiest way to ensure they are all working correctly.

The ignition ring works fine though....lol.

Keith

Okay I sorted out the blue LEDs, took them all out and then back in one at a time to see what was and what was not working.

Here they are all working:

362799781.jpg

I picked up some Blue Neo Wedge LEDs to do the Clock and A/C controls, but I take it that by what others have posted that these are not going to work too well, is that correct? I thought the A/C controls & Clocks on the US site link looked pretty good? Are these Neo Wedge bulbs from our eBay seller no good/too dull?

Any advice much appreciated guys.

Keith

Footwell light looks great, did you have any trouble fitting it? Also where did you mount the LED strip (assuming you have used an LED strip)?

hey thanks, no had no real trouble, thats only a temporary fix at the mo, i am going to permantly fix it tonight, ya know when you reach down and you can feel the lip, its just mounted there facing the peddles so it cant be seen, yeah i used an LED strip,

what i am going to do tonight is using L brackets, stick them to the lip and then the LED strip to them using double sided tap, its hard to explain but once its done will take a pic to show exactly what i mean

hey thanks, no had no real trouble, thats only a temporary fix at the mo, i am going to permantly fix it tonight, ya know when you reach down and you can feel the lip, its just mounted there facing the peddles so it cant be seen, yeah i used an led strip,

what i am going to do tonight is using L brackets, stick them to the lip and then the led strip to them using double sided tap, its hard to explain but once its done will take a pic to show exactly what i mean

Cheers mate, look forward to the pics :)

Also was it easy to figure out which wires from the ignition ring to use? And what sort of connection did you make? Do you have any pics of that too?

hey thanks, no had no real trouble, thats only a temporary fix at the mo, i am going to permantly fix it tonight, ya know when you reach down and you can feel the lip, its just mounted there facing the peddles so it cant be seen, yeah i used an led strip,

what i am going to do tonight is using L brackets, stick them to the lip and then the led strip to them using double sided tap, its hard to explain but once its done will take a pic to show exactly what i mean

Cheers mate, look forward to the pics :)

Also was it easy to figure out which wires from the ignition ring to use? And what sort of connection did you make? Do you have any pics of that too?

its easy to see which two wires to use, as its just the ones for the buld on the ignition ring, but they are both black so it takes a bit of guessing to see which is positive and negative, i just stripped back the 2 wires and soldered the new wires on, dont have pics yet but once i wire in the passenger side will take some pics of it

ciarancassidy sounds good mate, I've had the LED strips to do this for ages but never got round to it. One thing is, that lip under the drivers side is not the same on the passengers side so may cause problems.

Don't forget to take a few pics of what you do and the connections.

Keith

ciarancassidy sounds good mate, I've had the LED strips to do this for ages but never got round to it. One thing is, that lip under the drivers side is not the same on the passengers side so may cause problems.

Don't forget to take a few pics of what you do and the connections.

Keith

yeah i was looking at that, but i am hoping the L brackets will do the trick, will hopefully have it all finished by 2moro so pics will be going up then

hey here is some of the pics of what i did to wire in the passenger side, have to just take one of the LED strip actually stuck up but there is pics of the brackets i used and the wiring

P4290666.jpg

i pulled out the heated seat buttons part and put all the wiring in the back there

P4290667.jpg

P4290668.jpg

P4290669.jpg

some pictures of how they are wired into the ignition barrel light

P4290671.jpg

P4290672.jpg

and that is the L brackets i used with some double sided tape i got

i just got myself a hole bunch of l.e.d's ,, i hope they will be here today but im not holding me breath as i ordered yesterday afters, i have ordered almost all the bulbs to do all the dials and centre console apart from the stereo as its not worth the bother and i intend to change it for a good doubble din at some point , im trying to find ones that are bright and wide spread that will plug and play where possible supplied in the uk and not from eBay,, im going for a compleate blue transfer..

after seeing lex2d do his/her dash and some others i just had to go for it to ,, looks awesome..

then ill do the buttons heated seats .. and the fog and head washer switch a bit laters,,

ciarancassidy, so looks like you soldered the LED wires to the Ignition live/earth wires, and extended the passenger LED wires with thicker Yellow wire to reach the Ignition (those LED strips have such thin wires). Also, the brackets are a good idea, I take it you are only fitting two each side (Driver/Passenger) and will fix something across the brackets before fixing the LED Strips in place?

Are those the Driver side brackets? How did you get on with the passenger side for fixing the brackets?

Keith

ciarancassidy, so looks like you soldered the LED wires to the Ignition live/earth wires, and extended the passenger LED wires with thicker Yellow wire to reach the Ignition (those LED strips have such thin wires). Also, the brackets are a good idea, I take it you are only fitting two each side (Driver/Passenger) and will fix something across the brackets before fixing the LED Strips in place?

Are those the Driver side brackets? How did you get on with the passenger side for fixing the brackets?

Keith

Hey Keith

I am hoping to fit more brackets, when i went to buy them, there was only 4 in the whole shop so gotta try again this week to get more, at the moment there is nothing fitted across but it is holding the LED strip perfectly, those pictures are off the passenger side, have to take some of the drivers side and also with the LED strips fitted

Ciaran

hi all can any one give me a list of all bulbs needed for

1. the dials and ignition ring

2. the centre console (eg a/c rings and clock)

and is there anywhere i can get all bulbs because i really wanted to be same colour blue, im afraid if i get from different place would come out slightly different shades.

cheers all

Hi Nick

I used ultimate mods have only done this at weekend-- now they seem to be OK, could do with being a lil brighter at the centre console,,

now I used 3x T5 Capless LED bulb (286) 3 LED TYPE and 2 x T10 Capless LED bulb (501 / W5W) for the instrument cluster

for the ign ring i used 1x T5 Capless LED bulb (286) 5mm wedge bulb

for the centre console you will need Heater Wedge bulbs 3mm x2 for the clock ( I have not ordered or tried yet)

for the A/C controls you will need 3x Heater Wedge bulbs 4mm

for the buttons (heated seats trc control etc you would need Heater Wedge bulbs 3mm (i think) x5 in my car for the heated seats x2 trc control and snow x1 head light washer x1 and rear fog x1

now the button lights are not wearing any orange johnnys , so there is orange plastic in their so if you put blue bulbs in you'll end up with green lights?? this might be a modifiable job?? I've not tried yet and the clock you may end up with 2 dots from the focus of the leds so again you'll need to do work on tht i have seen about some different ways of doing this

here is some pics of the ones that i have changed look like

hope this helps you.. maybe some one has better options for you

DSCF3288.jpg

DSCF3285.jpg

DSCF3282.jpg

also the centre of the buttons are very faint as of the orange pointers , but i think that is something you need to further modify which ive seen on net as a easy job

i keep thinking of other things,, not to sure if anybody else had this prob but the leds on the dash were not a great fit, slightly loose so i made sure the connections were good and put a very small dot of glue on the side so i no they wont work loose

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links