Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Will These Fit

Rob's Lexx

Looking at getting some wheels. Been told they are suited for 2001-2004 IS200..........

i wasn't aware there was any difference between any of the mk1 IS200's in terms of wheel sizing??

anyhow, these are the details given to me:

Tyre size: 225/50/R17 and 245/45/R17. Rim size: 7.5 x 17". Offset: 35

will they fit my 2000 plate IS without any problems??

cheers in advance

rob

Looking at getting some wheels. Been told they are suited for 2001-2004 IS200..........

i wasn't aware there was any difference between any of the mk1 IS200's in terms of wheel sizing??

anyhow, these are the details given to me:

Tyre size: 225/50/R17 and 245/45/R17. Rim size: 7.5 x 17". Offset: 35

will they fit my 2000 plate IS without any problems??

cheers in advance

rob

No the offset is wrong and the tyre 245/45/17 is to wide for the 7.5j rim

Hmmm, interesting!! They are oem IS alloys, but those were the measurements given to me. I did wonder about the tyre width.

Bit confusing this. Will double check with the seller.

Are they off the is250 ?

No mate - the is200

I can only think theres a mistake with the figures given to me?

Hmmm, interesting!! They are oem IS alloys, but those were the measurements given to me. I did wonder about the tyre width.

Bit confusing this. Will double check with the seller.

Are they off the is250 ?

No mate - the is200

I can only think theres a mistake with the figures given to me?

Yes i would say so, but the tyre size he is saying is worrying to, the norm for 7.5j rim is 215 not 225 or 245 mate

Cheers matey- still doesn't match up to either of those mentioned.lol. Sent a message to the guy anyhow and he's been a top bloke in replying promptly.

No problem

Just realised i did not quote gord on his reply about the size 'Yes i would say so, but the tyre size he is saying is worrying to, the norm for 7.5j rim is 215 not 225 or 245 mate '

Sorry for confusion. :blush:

Yeah 225/45/17/7.5j is standard on the back end of the 300 Sportcross which is different to the front of course as they are 215/45/17/7j

Always seems to cause confusion at the fast fit tyre places when i want a quote for tyres :lol:

Guess its for all the extra power us 3.0L boys have :lol: :lol:

ok, so here's the data given to me via email earlier - looks like what was initially suggested is what's in the lexus database!!!

Part number of the wheel is PZ439-S0670-ZP

Stick that into EAPM and this is what you get . .

untitled.jpg

Which is a general description of the item

Clicking the link gives us . . .

untitled2.jpg

Which is the list of cars the wheels fit (this is only part of the total list)

Clicking one of the cars gives us this . . .

untitled3.jpg

any thoughts guys??

u sure they're not the aero kit wheels?

no mate, don't think so. not sure that would make a difference though matey as the aero kit doesn't have arch extensions etc and still doesn't resolve the issue of the suggested 245 tyre on 7.5j rim......

Yep I remember those wheels, they were one of the accessory options for the IS - not the styling kit wheels, these ones kind of look like the ones off the mk1 GS Sport but in 17"..............

Have a look on the TTE website, it has the proper tyre sizes on there too (third wheel down)............. LINK

*EDIT* Too slow, as aztec says..... :lol:

Yep I remember those wheels, they were one of the accessory options for the IS - not the styling kit wheels, these ones kind of look like the ones off the mk1 GS Sport but in 17"..............

Have a look on the TTE website, it has the proper tyre sizes on there too (third wheel down)............. LINK

*EDIT* Too slow, as aztec says..... :lol:

:lol: sorry matey was just looking for something on the TTE site and saw them :lol:

u sure they're not the aero kit wheels?

no mate, don't think so. not sure that would make a difference though matey as the aero kit doesn't have arch extensions etc and still doesn't resolve the issue of the suggested 245 tyre on 7.5j rim......

Are you sure the wheels come off is200, as the toyota rav 4 has the same wheels with different offset ?

Are you sure the wheels come off is200, as the toyota rav 4 has the same wheels with different offset ?

Yeah I was thinking that too, but if it's the right part number won't it be ok? (most likely just a typo on the parts site)

cheers for the help guys. this is just getting me confused, lol.

basically, the wheels are at a lexus dealership and that's how i've been able to get the spec shown in the pics above. It lists all the cars the wheels are suitable for and the IS2001-2004 comes up (but as mentioned earlier, there is no difference bewteen 01-04 IS200's compared to 1999-05 IS200's).

So....if these fit an IS200, they should fit mine.......

But, if they don't, they won't!!

I think there must be a mistake on the lexus database with regards the tyre size!! that's all i can think of as the link chris has posted (cheers matey) shows a more realistic tyre size - as i know a 225 can fit on a 7.5J rim.

So the offset is either also wrong - which it must be if they are suggested for an IS200, or they just won't fit.

out of interest, with a 35 offset, will they stick out, or bee too hidden in the arches?? just wondering if there would be a way around it...

cheers again folks, really appreciate ur input.

rob

I've just noticed that in the pinned "factory part numbers" thread, Chris.S has put up the same part number for that alloy, and also the same bizarre tyre sizes. I'm sure these fit the IS though as they were a dealer fit option for the IS.........

If the wheels are physically at the dealer, could you not try fitting one on to see how it looks?

I've just noticed that in the pinned "factory part numbers" thread, Chris.S has put up the same part number for that alloy, and also the same bizarre tyre sizes. I'm sure these fit the IS though as they were a dealer fit option for the IS.........

If the wheels are physically at the dealer, could you not try fitting one on to see how it looks?

yes mate, could do, but its a bit of a treck for me to get to the dealership as its not my local one if that makes sense. Wanted to be sure before heading over, lol.

interesting about that thread chris s listed the same spec etc....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links