Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dump/ Bov's

Hi guys,

Just wondeing what the best types of BOV's there are for a Supercharged IS200.

I currently have a HKS SSVQ stlye *not actually a HKS* BOV on the car, but recently it has been either dumping for way too long and leaking boost while accelerating or not at all!

Ive taken it off the car for now and replaced it with the standard TTE pipe!

Just wondering what BOV's any of you have used, would recommend.

If there actually good for the car?

Do you have stock, hard or soft springs in them?? as i know most of the charged cars are running low boost! around .3-.5 bar (around 7psi?) and what difference will the springs make?

Cheers for any advice,

Tom.

I didn't think you needed one on a supercharged IS mate, not sure if they'd actually lose performance by dumping the air which means the charger has to build it all up again?

I've got a real SSQV on mine and it seems fine though fella.

As Aido says you dont need one on a TTE supercharged car, but the a real SSQV is the way to go, i have a real one on mine.

but yes, Forge dump valves have different strength springs. but as long as you have the bypass pipe there is no need for a SSQV or BOV.

Stav

i hunted around ebay for a while and picked a genuine one up for £120.

Yeah just had a look and I paid £136 and they sneaked it into the intercooler box so it was free shipping - it was this guy's eBay site:

http://jps-trading.com/

Just had a look and the way the pound has dropped it's 223 before shipping for mine :o

Could you maybe get this and just use it on the hard pipe like it is already:

http://jps-trading.com/product_info.php?cP...roducts_id=3467

It's used but it's genuine and may do the job for you?

Yeh cheers guys got a cheaper one off a mate for now....... so see how it goes!

Aido..... that looks ok but still a bit expensive for me at the mo and doesnt look like the HKS SSQV i want??

Just ordered a Indutcion kit for the charger and gettin the car W.I.M'd next thursday so after that need new tyres and then can start saving again :D

Tom.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links