Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Welcome to LOC :)

Not sure about the heating but as for the boot there should be a little button on the dash below the drivers side vent next to the door and above the bonnet release cable - if that's pressed in it prevents the boot from being opened, have you tried putting your key in there to release that?

Do you have a button on the key for remote opening of the boot? Does your key open the glovebox, as I suspect that you have valet key not a master key.

Do you have a button on the key for remote opening of the boot? Does your key open the glovebox, as I suspect that you have valet key not a master key.

[/quote

Yes I agree with you - the key given to me will start the engine & lock the doors but won't fit the boot lock or the key insert between the 2 buttons for boot/petrol (although the filler cap will open?!).

Have been in touch with past keeper who said he'll post me the master key etc. Many thanks for your reply. Cheers

Yes I agree with you - the key given to me will start the engine & lock the doors but won't fit the boot lock or the key insert between the 2 buttons for boot/petrol (although the filler cap will open?!).

Have been in touch with past keeper who said he'll post me the master key etc. Many thanks for your reply. Cheers

When you get master key it should fit boot, remote bootlock glovebox.

I would be a bit worried though that the keys were retained by previous owner. There should be 2 master keys and 1 valet key. Worst case scenario.....You have contacted him and he is posting key to you! Two issues come to mind..1/ Key goes astray in post and whoever gets it knows where to find a car that they can get into. 2/ The previous owner has both master keys but sends you 1 and could "reclaim" his old car.

Just seems very strange that the keys didn't go with the car!

Unfortunately when i paid & collected the car the owner was away for the w/end & his dopy son gave me 'a' key which must hav bin the valet key without either him or me knowing (i'll bloody no 4 nxt time!!)

If the master/spare key dusn't arive i'v got his home address............... hope he's got insurance!!! :tsktsk:

I'll keep u all posted

Unfortunately when i paid & collected the car the owner was away for the w/end & his dopy son gave me 'a' key which must hav bin the valet key without either him or me knowing (i'll bloody no 4 nxt time!!)

If the master/spare key dusn't arive i'v got his home address............... hope he's got insurance!!! :tsktsk:

I'll keep u all posted

worst comes to the worst just file the flutes off the side of the key then it will fit (theoretically)

I'll keep u all posted

worst comes to the worst just file the flutes off the side of the key then it will fit (theoretically)

Both of my master keys have flute on the "thin" edges of the key but valet key is smooth so there appears to be nothing to file off.

I'll keep u all posted

Just spoken to the previous owner & he's sending everything in the post within the next few days. Doesn't understand why the boot wont open but I've explained I've probably only got the Valet key, which is smooth on the sides so I can't file it. Could it be the fuse thats gone & thats why it wont open? I'm getting confused & a bit p**ed off!!

The wood effect trim around the gear shift is flaking - any ideas where i can get a cheap replacement & is it easy to fit?

The console is an easy swap.

Remove the ashtray by pulling towards you first.

Remove the gearknob by unscrewing it.

Then just put a flat blade screwdriver covered in tape in between the space where the wood ends where the ETC and Traction control buttons are and it will come up - disconnect the cables to the buttons there and then it will lift up and towards you - there are two more plastic lugs holding it at the radio end so just give it a pull to release those.

Then you can swap the console over for another with wood - if it's the orangey colour wood, not sure of the correct name but these breakers here have a console available - 01709379292 - Zaf Auto Repairs and they're in Rotherham.

The console is an easy swap.

Remove the ashtray by pulling towards you first.

Remove the gearknob by unscrewing it.

Then just put a flat blade screwdriver covered in tape in between the space where the wood ends where the ETC and Traction control buttons are and it will come up - disconnect the cables to the buttons there and then it will lift up and towards you - there are two more plastic lugs holding it at the radio end so just give it a pull to release those.

Then you can swap the console over for another with wood - if it's the orangey colour wood, not sure of the correct name but these breakers here have a console available - 01709379292 - Zaf Auto Repairs and they're in Rotherham.

Gr8 cheers 4 that!

Next question. Got a paint scuff on rear bumper (i'm prob not the 1st 2 hav 1!) & want 2 touch it up BUT cant find the paint code - looked on door post where theres a label about the tyre size/pressures, on the n/s door but nowt there, under the bonnet but nowt there. PLZ dont tell me its in the boot!!!! :crybaby:

Just spoken to the previous owner & he's sending everything in the post within the next few days. Doesn't understand why the boot wont open but I've explained I've probably only got the Valet key, which is smooth on the sides so I can't file it. Could it be the fuse thats gone & thats why it wont open? I'm getting confused & a bit p**ed off!!

It isn't a fuse. The valet key is designed to keep boot and glovebox secure if you need to let someone else park your car/garage checking it over. The lock between the remote levers for boot and petrol cap is pressed in and can be unlocked with the master key but not valet key. If your glovebox is locked then the valet key won't open that either. When you get the master key it will open the boot from the outside of the boot or you can unlock the remote and open via the lever in your car.