Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Is200

abactus

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

so i disassembled my charger yesterday to change the oil and have a look at the inside for wastage

pics:

for the people that can't get enough of my naked engine bay :D

bc4llgv3gx7woyvl3.jpg

bc4lme452w88fs607.jpg

bc4lop78obld1fkvb.jpg

disassembly of the pulley:

bc4lpwplnm4pzsk87.jpg

bc4lrgj07j0g005lz.jpg

bc4lsuhxdgm5mvvqf.jpg

bc4ltd6oeu5nsz1wn.jpg

bc4luzulfyjwr2q93.jpg

after that i tipped out the oil. sorry for the bad pics. the color looked like icetea just a bit thicker.

that stuff stinks terrible - i nearly passed out when i opened the oil drain screw *gg*

bc4lvs2eotm1rcg9z.jpg

bc4lxdkl5by36n8fb.jpg

there didn' come out much oil (there should be about 100ml). for comparison: in the left bottle there are about 100ml of water, in the right the oil i caught from the charger

bc4m0go9o8uxjxx0n.jpg

next: housing

bc4m1fkn3c559kz8n.jpg

bc4m1wvy97gog1ap3.jpg

a pic of my ride if anything would have gone wrong :D

bc4m3wcuvre0dy5bb.jpg

the rotor pack had a few scratches but was in a good condition as far as i saw. clearance was ok too.

bc4m9rfc0vl5vejc7.jpg

the inside

bc4mbhuexrhvryctj.jpg

a few scratches too, but not so bad like a buddy's charger i saw some time ago

bc4mc2c6pdlhejgiv.jpg

bc4mcmbo9b6bq0tpj.jpg

bc4md1kbdj6xso7l3.jpg

i couldn't get loctite510 so i bought this. its for seal up gearboxes and engines, so i think it will work with the charger aswell

bc4me2n2w3dh21ysn.jpg

that stuff stinks even worse then the oil :D

bc4mev8nsm5wdor53.jpg

assembly

bc4mgdpcqwb0abfc7.jpg

i didn't want to wait for some special eaton charger oil so i bought gearbox oil (75w90). we'll see how clever that was...

bc4mjkoovyewusm07.jpg

bc4mknx1hfdbeuh5z.jpg

bc4mh1ka2t42nduuf.jpg

that damned ring - i had no fitting pliers so i tried to put it back on with two small screwdrivers and it worked :)

bc4n1la7o0n0a1y07.jpg

nearly completed

bc4mmgwgtvt8b7qef.jpg

ready to put it back in.

bc4mmx8z6x0x3gmef.jpg

incl. testdrive it took me about 6 hours. it can be done much faster i guess but i didn't want to ruin the charger.

as there was less oil left i'll open it again in 10-15000km to check how much oil i'm loosing.

should be readable now :)

Hello Mate, love your car, looks great in black with black boots.

I have just found new side indicators which would look great on your car, have a look at the link below;

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CRYSTAL-SMOKED-SIDE...id=p3286.c0.m14

I live in the UK and have just had them delivered from Australia and they were well worth the wait/effort!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links