Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

G1 Successor Out In April

Parthiban

Just read that the next Android phone to hit the market will do so in April, and it's a Vodafone exclusive (which is good as hopefully I'll get it free on upgrade)

Bit of a shame it's missing the keyboard now but it definitely looks like a more sorted device visually than the G1. Hopefully the Pre will be out by then as well to compare the two as I'm pretty sure now my next phone will be between these two :)

htc-magic-android-g2.jpg

Missing a keyboard?

Surely not - that will NEVER catch on....

Google aren't stupid.

Hopefully this new phone will do a better job that the awful G1.

Don't hold your breath until 2010 for the Pre.

1) It doesn't even run real apps.

2) It may never be released.

Oh BTW

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/02/16/ap...jan_09_figures/

Just read that the next Android phone to hit the market will do so in April, and it's a Vodafone exclusive (which is good as hopefully I'll get it free on upgrade)

Bit of a shame it's missing the keyboard now but it definitely looks like a more sorted device visually than the G1. Hopefully the Pre will be out by then as well to compare the two as I'm pretty sure now my next phone will be between these two :)

htc-magic-android-g2.jpg

Looks pretty nice, I am loving the keyboard so that is ashame its not on there.

Hopefully this new phone will do a better job that the awful G1.

You have no idea you havent lived with one, I would buy another G1 over any phone on the market right now again if i had the choice now I've used one for a longer period of time, I would recommend it anyone very highly.

Yes google arent stupid so have gone for the "prettier" but less productive non keyboard versions for the "tarts" out there. Everyone thats use my G1 has said how easy the keyboard is to use and prefer it to virtual ones and yes even prefer it to that on the Iphone. But im sure you will some how deny this with some more cack that no one wants to here about the Iphone.

The pre looks good and i hope it makes it to the market as i think it could do well.

The fact that you are still trying to justify your purchase of a dud piece of hardware does nothing to change reality.

I am far too familiar with the G1.

The G1 isn't even competing with the Iphone.

Google G1 vs Iphone and listen to just about any review if you won't take my word for it.

The Iphone App Store has over 22000 apps now.

Android just isn't in the same ballpark yet.

Edited by aztecbandit1
OFF TOPIC COMMENTS!

The fact that you are still trying to justify your purchase of a dud piece of hardware does nothing to change reality.

I am far too familiar with the G1.

The G1 isn't even competing with the iPhone.

Google G1 vs iPhone and listen to just about any review if you won't take my word for it.

The iPhone App Store has over 22000 apps now.

Android just isn't in the same ballpark yet.

Im not trying to justify my purchase at all, you are the one who seems to have a need to justify all your apple purchases, its quite cleary not a dud piece of hardware as this model is pretty much exactly the same under the skin just minus a keyboard, Im sure google would have changed things if they thought it was a "dud piece of hardware"

I dont see how your far too familiar with it as you've never stated having one before.

every phone competes against every other phone on the market, they are aimed at different people, but theres still competition there.

Yes they are very different devises but the one thing i've said many time a real keyboard is easier to use than a virtual one, why do 99% of the so called email phones still have real keyboards.

Yes but the iphones app store has been running for years now and the android one hasnt even been running a year yet. But I would think its got a few thousand on it already.

When the next "ANDROID" system comes out, not like the one above I think the game will be moved on very very far, The above phone has the same android system as the G1 but with a virtual keyboard (which you can already get on the android market/cracking the phone) and with a slightly better keyboard. Underneath its the same phone, I would still have the G1 over this model just for the keyboard.

yep saw the new G1 last month, Looks nicer than the current one for sure.

I quiet like the keyboard now that ive used it, and thats coming from someone who ACTUALLY had the Iphone and ditched it in favour for g1.

The fact tyger you are still trying to justify a overhyped fan boy piece of fruit doesnt change, i mean doesnt change the fact that you have no other opinion other than what apple..

Yes tyger apple has a 2200000000000000 apps but..oh yes.... you have to pay for them (unless you jailbreak and add a certain piece of software).

G1 market has....oh yes... FREEEEEE apps...

Also tyger please stay on topic,, please go back and re-read what this thread is about..

Edited by aztecbandit1
off topic comments

Whoa, didn't mean to set off another one of these threads - just wanted to bring to light a new Android phone was coming to market :)

Having used phones with keyboards and ones without, I don't think it's the be all and end all, but it's definitely easier to type emails using a keyboard. Short emails or SMS isn't really a big issue with an on screen keyboard if it's decently laid out. The lack of keyboard instantly makes the phone much less bulky and easier on the eye (like the iPhone) which is why I think Vodafone were interested in nailing this as a direct target against O2.

First off, while this one gets a lot closer, I still don't think Google is gunning for the Iphone. The Iphone is a lifestyle device, and will have limited lifespan once people get bored of the concept. Google is trying to build a stable platform for the future to eventually destroy WM which has the business market pretty much tied up at the moment.

The thing is though, that as the google phones get more attractive and user friendly as this one has, people will wonder why they're bothering paying so much for their iPhones when this would suit their lives much better. As an example, I use google for web browsing, maps, mail, contacts and calendar to name a few. So why not have the phone that integrates all these together? Plus the fact that the open platform mean apps will be flying at it at such a rate that no one else will be able to keep up.

No point arguing xxx vs. Iphone anymore, that's a bit 2007, there's so much more to talk about now :whistling:

*EDIT* Why 2010 for the Pre? It's rumoured for a March release in the US isn't it?

I have to admit I don't get all this Apps chat, what exactly can you get for an Iphone that you can't get for any other phone that is so amazing? So far I've only been wowed by apps on the G1 to be honest, that pub finding one and the traffic camera one are pretty awesome.......

The thing is though, that as the google phones get more attractive and user friendly as this one has, people will wonder why they're bothering paying so much for their iPhones when this would suit their lives much better. As an example, I use google for web browsing, maps, mail, contacts and calendar to name a few. So why not have the phone that integrates all these together? Plus the fact that the open platform mean apps will be flying at it at such a rate that no one else will be able to keep up.

No point arguing xxx vs. iPhone anymore, that's a bit 2007, there's so much more to talk about now :whistling:

Exactly and the fact that more than 1 handset will be available with the android platform on gives people much more choice which i dont think the apple people will like as there told what to like and buy direct from Mr Jobs back side hehehe.

I really think that this platform is the future. I can't wait till a few of my mates have it so i can go and play all the GPS based games on it, they look mucho fun.

hehe you guys.

Parthiban: I suggest while in the iTunes store you click on the App Store link and have a look around. You seem to have a very strange idea of what the Iphone is and can do.

For every Android app you are so impressed with will be 100 Iphone apps that do the same thing and more.

A huge number of apps just wouldn't work on the G1 as it doesn't have Multitouch.

The Iphone is already the established platform Android is striving to become.

But I say AGAIN - they are both competing against WM not each other.

To compare Android as a platform to the ALREADY established Mac OS X on Iphone is absurd!

All the points you are trying to make about Android are valid and then some for the Iphone. Android is many steps behind.

Lifestyle device? Limited lifespan? lol

The Iphone has redefined the industry and will continue to dominate mobile markets for YEARS to come. Deal with it.

You guys keep talking - all I have to do is sit back and enjoy the carnage. :D

To be clear - I hope Android is successful and wreaks havoc with WM market share as the iPhone's Mac OS X platform is doing, but to insinuate in any way that it is an iPhone-killer etc etc is laughable. It will never come close to Mac OS X domination but let's hope it comes in a good 2nd place with Symbian and WM pulling up the rear.

For every Android app you are so impressed with will be 100 iPhone apps that do the same thing and more.

Incorrect for just 1 example ShopSavvy which apple didnt approve back in Oct 2008 im pretty sure theres nothing like it on the Iphone at the moment.

A huge number of apps just wouldn't work on the G1 as it doesn't have Multitouch.

Not really correct as i've proven the G1 does have multi touch if you choose to root the device I have provide videos before.

The iPhone is already the established platform Android is striving to become.

Incorrect - Android is an Open source platform nothing has to be put through to android and again the apps are FREE

The iPhone has redefined the industry and will continue to dominate mobile markets for YEARS to come. Deal with it.

Correct it has changed the market, I dont think it will dominate in the way you think for YEARS to come, with more and more devices coming out I think things will level out again until another device changes it all over again, but no one can foresee the future NOT even you Tyger

You guys keep talking - all I have to do is sit back and enjoy the carnage. :D

No Carnage just people dont like being told to what to buy, thats why alot of people dislike the way you come across on this forum.

To be clear - I hope Android is successful and wreaks havoc with WM market share as the iPhone's Mac OS X platform is doing, but to insinuate in any way that it is an iPhone-killer etc etc is laughable. It will never come close to Mac OS X domination but let's hope it comes in a good 2nd place with Symbian and WM pulling up the rear.

You talk like you have sexual dominatrix dreams over Mac OS X its very worrying, also I dont think Mac OS X has dominated the PC market yet, Has it ?

I've got the amazon.com app on my Iphone and that does what shopsavvy does mate, it's ace, take a pic of anything totally random and they'll send you a link of where you can buy it!

Think it also supports the barcodes too, not something I've tried yet as I'm not supposed to have it :lol:

I've got the Amazon.com app on my iPhone and that does what shopsavvy does mate, it's ace, take a pic of anything totally random and they'll send you a link of where you can buy it!

Think it also supports the barcodes too, not something I've tried yet as I'm not supposed to have it :lol:

So is it actually on the Iphone app store ?

Yes mate, amazon.com app is on the US store, but not supposed to be on the UK app store, I just threw on a copy I acquired of it. It's free anyway, they've not released it over here yet, or at least hadn't last time I checked.

1) See Aido's post

2) You can hack anything to do anything. The G1 does not have Multitouch.

3) Google is opening a store just like the Iphone store with PAID apps. Thousands of Iphone apps are FREE too.

4) You thinking it will not dominate the market will not stop it happening. I can see the future pretty clearly when it comes to markets I am involved in.

5) I have never told anyone to buy anything.

6) If you want me to whip you stop being coy - just ask.

And I agree Google is going after MS, the business market is massive, they want everyone with a WM handheld to swap to a Google one - and in the process swap all their usage of MS over to Google. There's no point talking about apple, as they're not and not trying to be a player in this market.........

There's nothing for me to "deal with" - each phone is good at different things............and I've never called anything an "Iphone killer" simply because I know it's not out to kill the Iphone. They can quite easily co-exist as they service completely different markets - I reiterate here that the Iphone is the lifestyle device whereas the Google phone will eventually become the serious tool.

I do agree that the Iphone has redefined the market - it really made WM wake up and WM users think about how the devices feel so ancient in comparison.

apple needs to stay on their toes right now - based on those G1 sales figures you posted up a while back, it showed how strong the Google brand is, so they need to capture a large market share before google gets even bigger (by probably launching their own operating system at some point)

There's no need to be so condescending - something that I was just thinking when browsing the app store (and realising that the majority of stuff on there are games which are irrelevant) that except for sales figures, you haven't actually provided any cold, hard facts as to why the Iphone is better.

In terms of the Google phone, I've mentioned why I think it would suit me well (because of mail, etc) but there's nothing from you about what makes your Iphone irreplaceable?

What apps do actually make a difference? What does your Iphone do that nothing else could do? If apple stuck their logo on the google phone, would you have bought it? If not, what made the difference?

Yes mate, amazon.com app is on the US store, but not supposed to be on the UK app store, I just threw on a copy I acquired of it. It's free anyway, they've not released it over here yet, or at least hadn't last time I checked.

Just looked at a few reviews on youtube, sorry to say it, but its crap compared to the shopsavvy one. The photo thing takes between 5mins - 24hours and thats if that can identify it, and the rest of it is basically the amazon website.

the Shopsavvy one uses the barcode to find the product gives a stack of website from cheapest upwards, reviews of the product, and even local stores to your current position and there prices. I had another app which was for CD's DVD's Games etc and if you took a photo of it it would instantly come back with web prices etc it had the barcode scanner as well, but the shopsavvy is just alot better.

Don't be sorry pal I don't use it, I'd just take pictures of fit birds to see where I could get them from :D

apple went through a barrage of approving apps that weren't allowed before like iFart and Pull My Finger so maybe that shopsavvy will get through next time as sounds cool :)

1) See Aido's post

I disagree, its basically a link to there website.

2) You can hack anything to do anything. The G1 does not have Multitouch.

It quite clearly does. And as you ravved about it before saying multi touch is what seperates the Iphone from all other phones out the.

3) Google is opening a store just like the iPhone store with PAID apps. Thousands of iPhone apps are FREE too.

These I'm guessing will be developed buy google not buy just the random person in there bedroom. But I've not read up about it so im guessing on that one.

4) You thinking it will not dominate the market will not stop it happening. I can see the future pretty clearly when it comes to markets I am involved in.

If you can see the future in any market especially the mobile phone market you should be the richest man on earth.

5) I have never told anyone to buy anything.

No but slagging people off for buying anything but the Iphone is pretty much the same, and it make you a rather large pirck

6) If you want me to whip you stop being coy - just ask.

Im now even more worried as you didnt deny it :lol:

There's no need to be so condescending - something that I was just thinking when browsing the app store (and realising that the majority of stuff on there are games which are irrelevant) that except for sales figures, you haven't actually provided any cold, hard facts as to why the iPhone is better.

In terms of the Google phone, I've mentioned why I think it would suit me well (because of mail, etc) but there's nothing from you about what makes your iPhone irreplaceable?

What apps do actually make a difference? What does your iPhone do that nothing else could do? If Apple stuck their logo on the google phone, would you have bought it? If not, what made the difference?

All he'll say is Mac OS X

1) meh

2) *sigh* like I said you can hack anything to do anything. Just because you can hack it to do Multitouch means nothing. It is not standard and will never take of on the G1. End of pointless discussion re Multitouch.

3) You guess wrong.

4) That's why I buy AAPL at the appropriate times and how it paid for my Lex. Correct.

5) I have never slagged anyone off for buying anything but the Iphone - I have corrected them when they have stated false information and explained why their post has no base in reality. Will you get ANYthing right?

6) :D

Parthiban: I will answer your q when I have more time.

1) meh

2) *sigh* like I said you can hack anything to do anything. Just because you can hack it to do Multitouch means nothing. It is not standard and will never take of on the G1. End of pointless discussion re Multitouch.

3) You guess wrong.

4) That's why I buy AAPL at the appropriate times and how it paid for my Lex. Correct.

5) I have never slagged anyone off for buying anything but the iPhone - I have corrected them when they have stated false information and explained why their post has no base in reality. Will you get ANYthing right?

6) :D

1) Wow well done

2) No it shows that theres a mulit touch screen and relative software to back it, obviously due to the law side of things it wasnt released but someone will find away around it.

3) I will read up and find out more.

4) So you are the richest man in the world ? wow nice to meet you.

5) No you have slagged people off hench removal of posts and eventual closing of old Iphone thread

6) Worrying.

Parthiban hes off to research everything there is about the Iphone to all other phones to come back with a array of information. :lol: I very much doubt it.

this is fast becoming an Iphone thread so i propose that talk of iphones is taken elseswhere, otherwise i fear tygress will get his soapbox out again (well actually stack a few on top of each other), theres no point in discussing anything against apple cause tygerannosaurus rex will only do an ariston...

Don't be sorry pal I don't use it, I'd just take pictures of fit birds to see where I could get them from :D

Lol, whoever comes up with that is gonna make some money....... :whistling::lol:

Look forward to it :)

this is fast becoming an iphone thread so i propose that talk of iphones is taken elseswhere, otherwise i fear tygress will get his soapbox out again (well actually stack a few on top of each other), theres no point in discussing anything against apple cause tygerannosaurus rex will only do an ariston...

Agreed, I do want to hear the good points about the Iphone though as I was actually warming to it until I realised I couldn't actually think of a reason to get one except it's "coolness"......after that though yep let's get straight back onto any developments about the Magic as I'm seriously thinking this will be my next phone :winky:

And lol, those Ariston ads take me back :lol: