Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 - How Cheap

dano

My wife has owned her is200 for about 4 years, good condition with 101,000 miles. all but last service done. she needs to change ot for a car with a bigger boot.

we went to px it at the weekend and was amazed at it being only worth two and a half grand as a trade in. these have lost so much money. surprising as they arnt expensive to run.

My wife has owned her is200 for about 4 years, good condition with 101,000 miles. all but last service done. she needs to change ot for a car with a bigger boot.

we went to px it at the weekend and was amazed at it being only worth two and a half grand as a trade in. these have lost so much money. surprising as they arnt expensive to run.

It's the current market, isn't it - 'cos it's a 2litre engine everyone assumes it eats petrol. Mine is no dearer to run than my daughter's 1.6 Astra. Also, of course, the new road tax charges coming in doesn't help residual values. Great shame as they really are lovely cars; suppose it is a 'buyer's market' now..... :eerrrmm:

Is it a 4 year old car or have you owned it for 4 years (in which case how old is it)?

I got offered £4.5-5k for my '02' plate on 45k miles, which I thought was quite reasonable......

Hi its a 51 plate all clean and tidy figured maybe work 3k plus on a trade in. the new tax system really is screwing up car ownership really, the general second hand market isnt too bad, may of the cars we have phoned to see have been sold.

one trader even offered 1600 quid.... jaw dropping

Hi its a 51 plate all clean and tidy figured maybe work 3k plus on a trade in. the new tax system really is screwing up car ownership really, the general second hand market isnt too bad, may of the cars we have phoned to see have been sold.

Yeah, and the funny thing is that insane tax hike is now on hold for older cars, but values will never recover. And they still won't say for sure whether it will be retrospective, or just on new cars.

Yeah, and the funny thing is that insane tax hike is now on hold for older cars, but values will never recover. And they still won't say for sure whether it will be retrospective, or just on new cars.

totally agree, the tax hike was another way of gaining revenue. they just thought ah well its boom time and we can just tax it to death and people will just pay. I am lucky to earn enough to be able to put money to the trade in and change but many could be stuck with a car that will be 400 pounds plus to tax and not afford to change. These people will then more likely drive with no tax.

have the government officially confirmed the new tax is on hold or just rumors?

I try to sell my Altezza RS200 for the past few months, put it up for 3,200 and I didn't get any interests.

And that is for a tidy car with coilovers too.

So I am just going to keep it and drive it now. No point selling it as you can't get a much better car from the Altezza for 3 to 4 grand.

have the government officially confirmed the new tax is on hold or just rumors?

Check out this thread :winky:

ah, i always looked at parkers tax guide, the other week it was showing 435 for a 51 plate, just looked now and its 254 in 2010... so not so bad if we get stuck with it.

Could be worth trying again - without mentioning the coilovers. Most people won't know what it means or that it has possibly been thrashed. There appear to be people out there after a Lexus in that price range.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links