Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

my friendly Lexus dealer has told me that there is a code stored in the ECU - code c0200

this referes to the speed sensor on the D/s front wheel

they wanted £400 to replace this even though the car in under warranty - see how friendly they are

anyway what I need to know is , now the parts have been replaced (at the fraction of the cost) the error still shows up - how to I get rid of this error

This is a long list of Errors - I do think these cars were mostly built on a Friday afternoon

They made you pay for a non wear and tear part while the car is under warranty? I wouldn't have paid myself and just gone to another dealer (but I realise depending on location that this isn't always a possibility)

I'd take the car back to them, if that's sorted the fault, the error should have gone. My inclination would be that something else is wrong.........

It's bizarre how some 220d owners are really happy, and some have the complete opposite experience - are there two factories building them by any chance? :blink:

They made you pay for a non wear and tear part while the car is under warranty? I wouldn't have paid myself and just gone to another dealer (but I realise depending on location that this isn't always a possibility)

I'd take the car back to them, if that's sorted the fault, the error should have gone. My inclination would be that something else is wrong.........

It's bizarre how some 220d owners are really happy, and some have the complete opposite experience - are there two factories building them by any chance? :blink:

I've often wondered the same, though some owners are happier regardless

Has any other car ever engendered such diametrically opposed opinions?

Not sure if it has any bearing - however one or two RX owners have suffered from similar faults...might be worth you having a read over there?

I know you mention a warranty on your car but not if it is the 3 year factory, Lexus extended or just a third party. In any event, if your car has a warranty, why not claim on it?

certainly the IS220d is the Marmite of the car industry. :lol:

ha ha nice way to put it

and i am one of the ones that love it oh and the marmite

Matt

going back to the serious side Why would they not cover it under warranty seems bit strange to me !!!

:unsure:

he's either fixed this error or hasnt...

ricardo there is a software update due out in march for cars when tested show no "actual problem" but display this VSC message constantly. u need to make sure lexus actually check the car for a fault first related to the vehicle stability system. And if nothing is found, they can apply a update.

he's either fixed this error or hasnt...

ricardo there is a software update due out in march for cars when tested show no "actual problem" but display this VSC message constantly. u need to make sure lexus actually check the car for a fault first related to the vehicle stability system. And if nothing is found, they can apply a update.

well I got the car recovered to Lexus in Bristol - who repaired a faulty speed sensor under warranty

now the car is more stable on the road and returning slightly better MPG

and it was free Bonus!

and it was free Bonus!

Erm...no, it is covered under the Warranty. It is the least you expect that they repair any faults 'free' that fall within the warranty period. It is no bonus and certainly they have done no favour to you - it is what they were required to do.

• 1 year later...

lexus cardiff told me my CAT is covered under a 6 year 100k warranty but still want me to pay for it up front and then they will TRY and claim it back!!

they said this is because the warranty has been returned to them as "REFER TO tme" which means it has had work done. they confirmed the work was the same part being replaced by them in September 2008

does this sound fishy to anyone else? has anyone ever heard of anything so ridiculous?

i should say the car had the cat at 46000miles and is now on 85000... the previous owner had the work done on warranty. i bpought from a dealer who obviously doesnt give a *****, but he is liable for repair costs as i had the car 3 months and only did 1000 miles but in the meantime before i sue the t&%t i might have to fork out up to 3k if its the cat as the error suggests.. personally im not convinced its the cat, my mate tested it and says it appears to work but the computer says BANk 1 cat or something!!! aaahhhhhhhhhh

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links