Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys,

Been a while since i've been on here! :(

I have recently Sold my Scooby.. Was Sad to see it go :( But time to move on!

I have honestly been looking at purchasing an M3 Coupé until my dad said .. "Why dont we pop to the local Lexus Dealer?" My Dad purchased his IS200 brand new back in 2001, So we have a very good relationship with the dealer! :)

That's where i saw the IS250 SR. Has anyone on here got one?

I'm test driving a black automatic one this afternoon with the full multimedia kit (Sat Nav, Bluetooth Phone, Reverse Camera etc).

After seeing the pics of IS250's modified. I'm Starting to get that Modifying Bug back! :tomato:

Anyway.. It's good to be back and i will let you know how i get on at the dealer this afternoon :)

Cheers

Lee

Hi Guys,

I have honestly been looking at purchasing an M3 Coupé until my dad said .. "Why dont we pop to the local Lexus Dealer?" My Dad purchased his IS200 brand new back in 2001, So we have a very good relationship with the dealer! :)

I'm test driving a black automatic one this afternoon with the full multimedia kit (Sat Nav, Bluetooth Phone, Reverse Camera etc).

After seeing the pics of IS250's modified. I'm Starting to get that Modifying Bug back! :tomato:

Anyway.. It's good to be back and i will let you know how i get on at the dealer this afternoon :)

Cheers

Lee

It is a very good car if you are looking for comfort, but if you were thinking of buying an M3 Coupe in the first place you might be very dissapointed with the performance of the IS250.

It is a very good car if you are looking for comfort, but if you were thinking of buying an M3 Coupe in the first place you might be very dissapointed with the performance of the IS250.

My thoughts exactly - performance Coupe to a [family] Saloon with flashy bits? You do know you are talking chalk and cheese here. The SR looks good IMHO (for a Lexus). But I'd maybe be tempted to spend a little more and get a full spec. SE-L or SE with toys over the SR which I think you will find looses a little in standard spec. for the body kit (I may be wrong here). Do test drive it, have a play and see what you think. If you want a coupe, you will be hankering after one despite the having bought the IS.

My thoughts exactly - performance Coupe to a [family] Saloon with flashy bits? You do know you are talking chalk and cheese here. The SR looks good IMHO (for a Lexus). But I'd maybe be tempted to spend a little more and get a full spec. SE-L or SE with toys over the SR which I think you will find looses a little in standard spec. for the body kit (I may be wrong here). Do test drive it, have a play and see what you think. If you want a coupe, you will be hankering after one despite the having bought the IS.

Agree, something that makes the IS very attractive is the fact that you can get loads of toys for a very reasonable price. You can even get an SE or SE-L and then just addon the SR body kit (installed by the dealership at an extra cost obviously). One thing I really dislike about the SR is the upholstery.

Thanks for the reply guys. :)

I understand the difference from the M3 to the SR in performance ways .. but liking the difference in insurance price better ;)

I think having just parted with a Subaru Impreza .. i'm not going to get the same sort of pulling power unless i stick with Jap.. Which i no longer want to!

Just like the look of the IS250 and think of just putting 19" alloys on it to smarten it up a bit more :)

But do you really need 343Bhp (M3) on the roads nowadays? I believe the SR is running 210bhp ish.. + with all the extras. I will get so much more for my money.. + the car being brand new! And also the possibility of getting a very very good deal from the dealership!

I'll ask the questions about getting the SE or SE-L and find out how much the SR Kit will be etc. :)

I will keep you posted :)

Yep if you're not too fussed about loads of power, then the IS250 auto is definitely a good way to go.

Just bear in mind when sorting a deal (if you do) that the IS has just been facelifted but the SR is the older model. That's part of the reason why they're doing such great deals on them but it doesn't mean you can't make the deal even sweeter :whistling:

Having said that, my local dealer was doing some fantastic prices, brand new SR with MM for £21k - and I'm sure you could probably get a little more off, or at least have extra bits like the ipod kit thrown in.

Let us know how you get on :)

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Lee

I have only had my IS250 SR auto with multi media for a few weeks. I intend to use it only for long journeys on special days out and travelling. I prefer to use my Honda Jazz on our local narrow roads. As with all things it depends on your personal needs and aspirations. Personally I find the Lexus a delight to drive on the open road but would not have got it if I wanted it for a variety of situations.

Well as i said.. I took out the IS 250 SR this afternoon for a couple of hours. My dad came with me as he wanted to see what it was like :)

The demonstrator was a Black SR on a 58 plate with the 18" 5 spoke alloys.

The keyless fob is very good. Walking up to the car and it opening straight away. Then simply foot on brake, press start button and away you go. Very Nice :)

As people have said previously, i was a bit dissapointed that it only came with cloth seats. But they were very comfortable. At least they were heated seats. :)

MultiMedia Kit was awesome. Screen was very well lit and beautifully displayed. Had quite a laugh giving voice commands to changing temp in car etc etc. These little things please me! :D

Drive was very smooth. Was actually more nippy than what i initially thought. Had a go up and down motorway a few times. Then going onto country roads and having a play with the flappy padels. Put a smile on my face. :)

I liked the reverse camera. Think i would personally struggle a bit without it. As i read the review on the IS250 + watched videos and i see what they mean about the rear pillers and visibility being hampered.

Had a long chat with the guy in the dealer.. said about maybe getting the SE or SE-L then add the styling kit but unfortunately he couldnt give me a price for kit at that time.

Overall very nice car. Liked it a lot and surprised me at how much i do like it! Downside, has to be without leather. Just trying to get my head around buying an 08/58 plate car and not having leather keeps playing in my mind at the moment.

I truely believe that after the test drive. I will be getting one :)

Agree, something that makes the IS very attractive is the fact that you can get loads of toys for a very reasonable price. You can even get an SE or SE-L and then just addon the SR body kit (installed by the dealership at an extra cost obviously). One thing I really dislike about the SR is the upholstery.

I agree. I was given an SR as a courtesy car and I was disappointed with the upholstery too. I was driving for about 30 mins and became very uncomfortable in the seat, the seat side padding really started to dig in. Other than that a nice car.

I read in the papers yesterday 25% discount available on the SR, it didn't say whether it was dealer or elsewhere but not bad on a new car.

Yep that's at dealers, my dealer has brand new SR autos with MM for £20995. With a bit of haggling I'm sure you could get that down a bit further.

You could always have the interior retrimmed, and you could always use that as a bartering tool to get the price down further. And that way it lets you do the interior any way you want :)

That's true :)

I'm looking at going the other way. Getting an SE with leather then adding the styling kit from the SR, then going to purchase some 19" wheels.

But looking at getting a slightly older IS250.. which will then clear the funds for the kit + wheels.

I cant even remember what the difference between the SE & the SE-L now? :unsure:

I cant even remember what the difference between the SE & the SE-L now? :unsure:

Main ones are HIDs, memory for seats, front and rear parking sensors, illuminated sills, rear blind and probably a few other bits.........go for an SE-L if you can but I think SEs are more common and also probably quite a bit cheaper because of that........

When I was at my dealer a few weeks ago they had an IS250 SE Auto with MM and the SR bodykit on a '58' plate for £22k (not many miles on the clock either)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links