Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Filter?

TezzaMan

Hi guys.

I've just bought an oil filter and fuel filter for my tezza (I bought the two together for the mr2 3s-ge engine) on eBay. I know it's the same oil filter but I don't know where the fuel filter is? I took the car to the garage today and the mechanic looked in the engine bay, then put it on the ramp and had a good look underneath but he still couldn't find it.

Any ideas guys?

BTW, I couldn't find the filter listed under altezza so I searched 3s-ge and the parts showed up for the mr2 up to 12/99.

Cheers.

Fuel filter is in the tank as said already so one for an MR-2 won't do ....

go get the proper one from Toyota

Fuel Filter - 23300-74330 (SXE10) 1998-2000

Fuel Filter - 23300-21010 (SXE10) 2000+

it's not supposed to be that easy to change according to the lads that have done it...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info guys.

If it shouldn't need changing then I won't bother buying the right one.

I've always changed the filters on all my old cars. I suppose it's a better design than on other cars if it shouldn't need changing.

Cheers all :)

Thanks for the info guys.

If it shouldn't need changing then I won't bother buying the right one.

I've always changed the filters on all my old cars. I suppose it's a better design than on other cars if it shouldn't need changing.

Cheers all :)

From the service schedule I've seen it should be changed every 75,000 km's or every 5 years ... :winky:

Oh, ok!

I'll change it then as it's a '99 car and don't know if it'd ever been changed. Any idea of anywhere else I can get it as I don't know if Toyota are that friendly to import owners?

Somewhere on the net?

I'll change it then as it's a '99 car and don't know if it'd ever been changed. Any idea of anywhere else I can get it as I don't know if Toyota are that friendly to import owners?

If you give Toyota the part number then they shouldn't have any problem supplying you with the part.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links