Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loc Paintball Meet For Charity

Steve

Hi Guys

I am putting the feelers out for an exciting event I wish to organise for LOC members and to raise some money for charity.

A friend and I are involved in a charity car rally, facing 8,000 miles of pot-holes, strange borders and questionable food (and probably hygiene after 8k miles!) to raise money for Save The Children. We aim to raise a minimum of £1000 for Save The Children, plus donate our vehicle to a charity called CDPF (Children's' Development and Protection Fund) when we reach Mongolia.

The Mongolia Charity Rally is a pan-continental drive across five mountain ranges, two deserts and enough barren and pot-holed roads, paths and terrain to ensure we'll swagger like John Wayne for a good few weeks after we complete the drive. We will start in London on the 11th July and our final destination is the great Mongol capital of Mongolia, beyond the Gobi desert, Ulaanbaatar, several weeks later. We are aiming to complete the rally in 3 weeks or less.

To help raise some funds I have decided to set up a mass paintball meet where members and their /wives/husband/friends can gather and have a shootem platoon fest.

We have been donated some VIP tickets (thanks to ministry of paintball) for a FULL day of packed fun with lunch, gear and guns thrown in.

Tickets are usually £25 + Cost of paintballs, but as these tickets have been donated to us to help raise some money for the kids, we are selling them for an amazing £10 + paintballs (paintballs are £10 first 100 paid in advance then about £7-8 per 100 afterwards on site) Cheap fun day out if you ask me!!!!!

This is a Full day out, Including Lunch. Location will be around mid country (they have 100 sites) so we need to talk to them about location.

If we can get some numbers of interest, and remember your mates can come too then please let us know here so we can estimate numbers.

More info on the Mongolia rally will be announced to at some point if it interests anyone ;)

cheers

Steve

Interested List

saraj

yeldarb +1

fargo

aztecbandit + 2

redzuk +1

Janey

Bazza

sparkeystav

aaronabbott +1

johnboy

whiteman +2

Steve + Wife

would be interesting defo, just depends on date and where !! i can show off my astra !! ^_^

Cool

dates will be arranged once i get all the information and locations, we can then talk about dates, i reckon mid spring.

Is this the Mongol Rally that you're doing? Or a different one?

Know a few people who have done the Mongol Rally and had a great time doing it - I'm sure you'll have fun :)

I am doing the Mongolian Charity Rally.. different organisation, but stricter rules on vehicles so they arrive in better condition to auction off for charity.

I wanted to get an old lexus but it must have LPG and be under 100K miles, for the budget i have it is not possible

I am doing the Mongolian Charity Rally.. different organisation, but stricter rules on vehicles so they arrive in better condition to auction off for charity.

I wanted to get an old lexus but it must have LPG and be under 100K miles, for the budget i have it is not possible

Just looked at their website and this does seem to have an actual cause, more about taking a quality useful vehicle than just a pile of rubbish. Why do they say you can't have anything with windows in the back?

Interested in this Steve, and i might be able to get a couple more to come? :)

Will have to get my gun serviced ;)

could be interested.. just dont fancy being airlifted this time!!!

interested

but the airlift is putting some doubt in my head

how dangerous can it be :crybaby:

depends on how much you want to win!!!

i was injured in the line of duty!!

lol

wasnt that bad tbh, couldnt get an ambulance into the forest and they didnt know how bad it was at the time so safety first

it was the snapping noise as i went down that made me feel sick!

to quote the doctor on the air ambulance, "that would prob be the ligaments snapping" and he was right!

I am interested Steve.....depending upon date and where, should be able to bring a few other chaps aswell and can I bring the ex-wife to tie to a tree for target practice :whistling:

cool!

I had the tickets arrive today.. We can accept quite a few people on this, need to find out how many we can take in one go... this is gonna be platoon fest!

if ya see me running dont shoot LOL I am hard to miss

cool!

I had the tickets arrive today.. We can accept quite a few people on this, need to find out how many we can take in one go... this is gonna be platoon fest!

if ya see me running dont shoot LOL I am hard to miss

Steve do you know if we can take our own weaponry or will we need to use theres? :whistling:

Got my nice 180 shot semi auto and a few paint grenades to play with :devil:

My weapon of choice :lol:

DSCF1582_edited.jpg

according to the book yes you can... paintballs must be purchased there of course.

This is exciting.. never done it and i am dying to do it.

Grenade sounds cool.. pull the pin with my teeth??

i will have to bring some face paint... i am more a sniper type of person.. shifty hehehe

according to the book yes you can... paintballs must be purchased there of course.

This is exciting.. never done it and i am dying to do it.

Grenade sounds cool.. pull the pin with my teeth??

i will have to bring some face paint... i am more a sniper type of person.. shifty hehehe

Thats ok then i'll have to give mine a service and get hold of a grenade launcher :lol:

Think most places have sniper rifles Steve and some have paintball tanks B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links