Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking About An Is250 Auto - Advice

Hi everyone,

My first post, am considering the lexus 250 auto but would be grateful for some advice.

1. Is velvet black, metallic? I've seen in the brochure it is "solid paint" ?

2. Do all SEL models come with the wood trim - can this be changed to the aluminum look of the SE?

3. Does the sport models come with the aluminium or wood interior trim and does it have suspension changes?

(4. Are there many changes to the recent facelift changes - sorry found the front page article on this!)

5. When do you think the IS is due another full face change - do lexus make major changes every 6 years from model launch like some other manufacturers?

Apologies for all the questions, have read some of the other posts and find this sight very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

1. If it's says it's a solid colour, then it won't be metallic.

2. All SEL models come with wood trim AFAIK - that's what put me off the SEL and made me go for the SE. Don't see why you can't change the panels to the non-wood ones but imagine they are expensive from Lexus. Maybe someone would swap?

3. Think it's only the SEL that comes with wood as standard although you may be able to sepcify it as an option on other models.

Sorry not sure about the other answers.

Hi mate, welcome to LOC!

1. No, velvet black is solid. The only Lexus black that is metallic is Obsidian Black, which is only available on the GS and LS I think.

2. Yep only the SE-L comes with wood, the others all have the same silver trim.

3. Sport model has the same silver trim as the SE - think the suspension is slightly lower than standard, but if you're buying a facelift model there is no Sport anymore (for the moment anyway, there may be something on the way)

4. Facelift was pretty subtle, but some things I really like, like the two tone interior for the lighter colours

5. I don't think there will be another facelift, by the time another facelift comes around it'll probably be time for an all new model.

3. Sport model has the same silver trim as the SE - think the suspension is slightly lower than standard, but if you're buying a facelift model there is no Sport anymore (for the moment anyway, there may be something on the way)

All the second generation IS's have the same ride height except the AWD which is slightly higher and not available in this country anyway.

The first generation Sport has a slightly lower ride height than the others in the range, perhaps this leads people to believe the same applies to the 2nd generation, but is not the case.

All the second generation IS's have the same ride height except the AWD which is slightly higher and not available in this country anyway.

The first generation Sport has a slightly lower ride height than the others in the range, perhaps this leads people to believe the same applies to the 2nd generation, but is not the case.

Ahh, thanks for correcting that, yep assumed it was the same as for the mk1 IS.........it does look a bit lower though, guess it's the illusion of the 18" wheels :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links