Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just thought I would make a few observations after my first long weekend away in the Lakes with my new"ish" Car.

Just wanted to see if my observations concurred with others, and wether any of my niggles can perhaps be remedied.

GOOD STUFF:-

1:Faster Car than the Old MKII :)

2:Even more bells and whistles to play with :blink:

3:ML Sound system is fantastic ;)

4:Much better handling than previous model :lol:

5:MPG amazing (140 miles from west Yorks to A1...then A1....driving with gusto, aircon on 37.1 MPG) :o

NOT SO GOOD STUFF:-

1: The B****Y rattles and creaks :tsktsk:

(Have sorted out the most anoying by stuffing felt between dash and windscreen, on rough roads my door makes noises...like it's moving about) Also the Drivers seat creaks alot when cornering!!!

2: Gearbox not as smooth as previous

Basicly if the rattles and creaks would disapear it would be a super car......anyone had similar issues and remedied them without taking to see Mr Lexus?

Rgds, Tony.

Surely the series III cannot be worse than the series II for creaks and rattles?

Was the series II bad for rattles too?

I'm surprised by the gearbox too, have driven a GS300 before and found the box to be pretty silky smooth - not driven the mk2 though so perhaps that's even better!

It's a shame that the IS and GS have these rattle problems, otherwise they're such good cars and it's such a stupid problem for a luxury car.......

surprising about the gearbox.

Surely the series III cannot be worse than the series II for creaks and rattles?

Not had a seriesIII but both the seriesI 300 Sport and the seriesII GS 430 that I have owned have been rattle free, the series I after 146K and the current series II 430 50K.

Both of these also had silky smooth gearboxes (both auto)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links