Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 300 To Is 220d Or 250

Hi all,

Currently I have the IS300 Sportcross and love it but its got 100K on it and I'm thinking of u/g to IS220D or IS250.

Read all the gearbox and injector issues on the 220D and cant beleive they're really that bad :) ?

Would I be disappointed with 220D perfomance and drive over period of time compared to the IS300 ?, I guess if money was no object for purchase and running the 250 SE auto would make more sense but trying to keep reality check on it.

Do Lexus cover all the injector issues, dash rattles etc under wty regardless of age ?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Hi all,

Currently I have the IS300 Sportcross and love it but its got 100K on it and I'm thinking of u/g to IS220D or IS250.

Read all the gearbox and injector issues on the 220D and cant beleive they're really that bad :) ?

Would I be disappointed with 220D perfomance and drive over period of time compared to the IS300 ?, I guess if money was no object for purchase and running the 250 SE auto would make more sense but trying to keep reality check on it.

Do Lexus cover all the injector issues, dash rattles etc under wty regardless of age ?

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

HI i have only had my 220d for about a month now and have been on here for about the same amount of time from what i can see your opening a can of worms asking which is better the 220d or the 250.

For my 2p's worth i previously had a skoda octavia Vrs (yes yes get all the skoda jokes out the way :whistling: ) which whatever you think about skoda's is plenty quick enough. For me personally it comes down to the fact that i like the way the 220d drives i guess its one of those horses for courses things and the only thing you can do is test drive both and see what you think. yes it might be a little slower on the stop watch than my old skoda (think its about 2 seconds slower to 60) but i dont miss it and it "feels" fast enough, not scarey fast just entertaining. the only issue i had with the gear box was from first to second its taken me a week or so but now have modded the way a change gear a little and all is well.

On the issue of rattles and stuff i brought mine second hand through a non lexus dealer it goes in for its 20k service next week at lexus T-wells and so far they seam happy to be fixing the rattly dashboard that i have.... but time will tell on that one i guess, its also having the 5th injector and the ECU remap done as well as it missed out on those before (which seams a little odd as its previous owner is registered as Lexus Finance?)

anyway i hope that kind of helps? think the only thing you can do is try them both on for size!

Why not keep the 300? At 100k its just run in! There's plenty of life in it. I've got an 8 year old IS200 with 117k on the clock- its still running just as good if not better than the first day I got (6 years ago with 40k on the clock).

If you really need to upgrade, I'd go for the 250 from what I have read on LOC. But hey, what do I know I drive an IS200, never driven a 250 or a 300.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links