Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Angry, Upset And Unhappy Is200 Owner!

Well...here we go...rant time! As many of u know I've had quite a time with my car as its been an ongoing project since I bought it which was finally completed a few weeks ago apart from a couple of bits (headlight washer jet covers, passenger side wing moulding, passenger side headlight washer jet motor). Well, on monday the car went back to the bodyshop to have the outstanding parts fitted and have the washer jet motor looked at. The car also needed a bit of the paintwork sorting out as well and polishing. Anyway, yesterday afternoon at 5pm whilst I was at uni waiting for my lecture at 6pm I got a phone call from the garage saying that my car is ready. I told them I was at uni and couldnt collect it but they said I had to collect it as they didnt have space so I had to miss my lecture and go and collect the car. When I got to the garage I had a look around the car only to find a big massive gap between the bonnet and the headlights/grill/bumper! To top it all off, they broke my passenger side headlight washer motor and didnt even apologise! They said that they tried to free it up but it was stuck and broke so they fitted the spare one I gave them which was the original from the car which I dont even know if it works or not. After seeing all this I was furious and kicked off with the owner of the garage to which they said the gap looked ok. I told them that they had done the work on the car and it had come out mint and that gap wasnt there when I dropped the car off the previous day. I told them that would they accept a car like that as I definatly wasnt going to accept it and I asked the owner who handled the car and he told me who and I basically asked the owner if he was a cowboy. I asked them what work had been carried out on the car and they assured me that the bonnet had not been touched. In response to my anger the garage took my car back in and set about correcting the issue with my car saying that they had only removed the bumper. Once puzzling over it for a while and not understanding what had gone on they said that the bumper/grill was sitting lower than it should but it was still lined up perfectly with the lights tho which was confusing. Anyway, the brackets that the bumper sit on at the top either side of the grill have now been adjusted so that the bumper if lifted up a bit more (even tho it was a full brand new front panel that was fitted!) but all this adjustment has thrown the alignment out of the right headlight I think as its sticking out a bit now. I let them close the gap up and sort the bumper but to this point have got extremely sick of this garage as sometimes they're spot on and other times they're plain idiots so last night after all the problems I took the car back but now feel so down about everything that I just dont know what to do. I want the car mint but dont want that garage to touch it again so what do people recommend I do? I was also told by the garage that basically its another person finishing off someone elses job, so why not get the same fecking person back who sorted out the alignment of my car in the first place and put it back together again?!

Sorry to go on like this everyone but I really need some help. The options which have gone through my head since last night are:

1. Strip the front end myself, possibly with the help of other club members and sort everything ourselves and align it properly.

2. Take it to a PROPER bodyshop (Corbett Robinson) and get them to sort out the final touches to the car. If I take it to this bodyshop the car will come out as tho it just rolled out the factory but they only problem is they aint cheap as they're big time professionals who only do cars like mercs, bmws, aston martins etc.

Somone please help me, I lost sleep last night over this and its really disheartended me with regards to this car to the point where I said to the other half last night that I'd rather keep my civic.

Rehan

Well...here we go...rant time! As many of u know I've had quite a time with my car as its been an ongoing project since I bought it which was finally completed a few weeks ago apart from a couple of bits (headlight washer jet covers, passenger side wing moulding, passenger side headlight washer jet motor). Well, on monday the car went back to the bodyshop to have the outstanding parts fitted and have the washer jet motor looked at. The car also needed a bit of the paintwork sorting out as well and polishing. Anyway, yesterday afternoon at 5pm whilst I was at uni waiting for my lecture at 6pm I got a phone call from the garage saying that my car is ready. I told them I was at uni and couldnt collect it but they said I had to collect it as they didnt have space so I had to miss my lecture and go and collect the car. When I got to the garage I had a look around the car only to find a big massive gap between the bonnet and the headlights/grill/bumper! To top it all off, they broke my passenger side headlight washer motor and didnt even apologise! They said that they tried to free it up but it was stuck and broke so they fitted the spare one I gave them which was the original from the car which I dont even know if it works or not. After seeing all this I was furious and kicked off with the owner of the garage to which they said the gap looked ok. I told them that they had done the work on the car and it had come out mint and that gap wasnt there when I dropped the car off the previous day. I told them that would they accept a car like that as I definatly wasnt going to accept it and I asked the owner who handled the car and he told me who and I basically asked the owner if he was a cowboy. I asked them what work had been carried out on the car and they assured me that the bonnet had not been touched. In response to my anger the garage took my car back in and set about correcting the issue with my car saying that they had only removed the bumper. Once puzzling over it for a while and not understanding what had gone on they said that the bumper/grill was sitting lower than it should but it was still lined up perfectly with the lights tho which was confusing. Anyway, the brackets that the bumper sit on at the top either side of the grill have now been adjusted so that the bumper if lifted up a bit more (even tho it was a full brand new front panel that was fitted!) but all this adjustment has thrown the alignment out of the right headlight I think as its sticking out a bit now. I let them close the gap up and sort the bumper but to this point have got extremely sick of this garage as sometimes they're spot on and other times they're plain idiots so last night after all the problems I took the car back but now feel so down about everything that I just dont know what to do. I want the car mint but dont want that garage to touch it again so what do people recommend I do? I was also told by the garage that basically its another person finishing off someone elses job, so why not get the same fecking person back who sorted out the alignment of my car in the first place and put it back together again?!

Sorry to go on like this everyone but I really need some help. The options which have gone through my head since last night are:

1. Strip the front end myself, possibly with the help of other club members and sort everything ourselves and align it properly.

2. Take it to a PROPER bodyshop (Corbett Robinson) and get them to sort out the final touches to the car. If I take it to this bodyshop the car will come out as tho it just rolled out the factory but they only problem is they aint cheap as they're big time professionals who only do cars like mercs, bmws, aston martins etc.

Somone please help me, I lost sleep last night over this and its really disheartended me with regards to this car to the point where I said to the other half last night that I'd rather keep my civic.

Rehan

If it was me, I'D SUE THEM FOR EVERY PENNY THEY'VE GOT!!!! We're in a recession - any company needs to be 'on the ball' to get and keep customers. What are they playing at..... Go on to your local newspaper's website and send an email - not naming them of course - but giving a jolly good idea of where they are..... :offtopic:

Oh yeh Anees, I'll name them for sure mate! Its ELITE CAR REFINISHING in manchester. I did a lot of hunting around for a garage to do the work on my car as u know anees and was given a good quote, by them but also seen their work on an E55 AMG which had very heavy damage to it so after seeing a few cars they had worked on and seeing it was of good quality I decided to use them. I know what you're probably thinking, I made the wrong choice and shoulda used autoserve lol. Well the price that autoserve quoted me increased unfortunatly and on top of that I was getting charged a silly amount to collect the car so unfortunatly I had to give them a miss. My normal bodyshop though on the other hand which done work on my civic didnt want to take on the job for some odd reason, mainly coz it involved jigging the car to sort out the chassis leg but if they had taken on the job I know they woulda done a good job with it. I guess u live and learn but I'm still really gutted about it all and dont know what to do. If the decision is made to take it to a corbett robinson or even autoserve now as the car will be driveable, it'll be later in the year when I've got the money available.

If it was me, I'D SUE THEM FOR EVERY PENNY THEY'VE GOT!!!! We're in a recession - any company needs to be 'on the ball' to get and keep customers. What are they playing at..... Go on to your local newspaper's website and send an email - not naming them of course - but giving a jolly good idea of where they are..... :offtopic:

This is whats also crossed my mind but whilst I was kicking off with the garage they kept reminding me that it was an accident damaged car and although stuff can be repaired nothing can be made perfect. But on the other hand when I kept complaining to them they said well we want u satisfied but last night I just got fed up with it all and after it was kinda sorted without it getting worse I just told them to leave it. Oh ffs I just wanna scream!

I'll be taking pictures of the car sometime today btw...

If your not happy matey keep taking it back until it's right, it's there fault at the end of the day you've paid good money out to have a job done properly and it hasn't been so it's up to them to sort it out, it may seem like a pain but every time you take it back to them it's costing them money so eventually they'll have to get it right either that or pay for someone else to.

Oh yeh Anees, I'll name them for sure mate! Its ELITE CAR REFINISHING in manchester.

I know what you're probably thinking, I made the wrong choice and shoulda used autoserve lol.

If the decision is made to take it to a corbett robinson or even autoserve now as the car will be driveable, it'll be later in the year when I've got the money available.

Honesty mate, that is not what I am thinking at all! I once had a similar problem with a bodyshop, and they were an insurance approved place too, used by main dealers. I even paid extra for using them over a local place because I wanted the peace of mind of a decent job, but they were a bunch of cowboys in the end, despite having all sorts of fancy cars parked outside. Made so many basic mistakes. I am obviously older and wiser now (well.....sort of :unsure: )

Regarding the price that Auto-serve quoted you, I have no idea on that; thats between you and them - not my place to get involved.

My concern with taking it elsewhere to complete would be that the new place would have a get out of jail free card if you were still not happy by blaming the work done by ELITE CAR REFINISHING.......... :crybaby: I hope you were not overly aggressive, because that will not get you anywhere. Just go back and firmly tell them to complete the job.

Good Luck :)

Anees

Thanks for the advice anees. I've had a long think about it all and I wasnt overly agressive but I did blame them for being cowboys straight to their faces but they werent really bothered tbh thats why I've had enough of the place. The car is technically complete but I think the final tidying up can probably be done by me as I watched them and it was only a matter of loosening different bolts and making adjustments etc. Elite has already made their own getout clause in the fact that they keep stating "remember it was a damaged car and its as best as can be done" they also showed me a carrera 4 showing me the difference in panel gaps on the front where it wasnt even damaged. I suppose it really is a lesson learnt in this aspect but I may just go back to them and have a small word with them regarding how it was all handled. As for the repairs, I'm sure I can align the bumper easily enough so will see how it goes.

I'd just give them a chance to fix it, I had a very similar problem a few years ago (almost identical in fact) and they sorted it out eventually. Arguably that was a Lexus dealer, but wasn't a whole lot easier to sort out and took a lot of hassling the dealer principal before anything happened.

Keep persisting and they'll sort it I'm sure, they did it right the first time so no reason they can't do it again.

That same thing happened to me few months ago. However, I did the job myself and I think that was good choice I made. No one will do that with as much care as you will.

However, some tools and technical knowledge is required.

Could you post some pics, so we can see what's the situation?

After having had a good look at the car in daylight I've made the decision that the slight adjustment that is required will be carried out by myself as I trust myself more than the garage as I dont want the car messed up again tbh. I'll try and take some pics sometime this week so everyone can see the standard of work but remember the company has made their adjustments to the bumper so when the bonnet is closed it looks ok but still needs tweeking a bit in my opinion.