Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Importing A Lexus Is F - From Japan

Although I am very happy with my motor at present, at some time during the next 2-3 years I would like to purchase an Ultrasonic Blue IS F, unless Lexus decide to launch the Blue colour in the UK in the next 2+ years, I will have no other choice but to look at importing one from Japan.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is the steering wheel on Japanese cars is on the same side as here in the UK and the only change I would need to make is the Language CD for the Sat/Nav etc.

I want to begin my research into this now so when I am in a position to purchase, I have all the info I need.

Therefore, can anyone provide examples of good, reputable importers for Lexus IS F from Japan?

Also if there is any other advice or info you can provide on importing from Japan, would all help me

Thanks

Although I am very happy with my motor at present, at some time during the next 2-3 years I would like to purchase an Ultrasonic Blue IS F, unless Lexus decide to launch the Blue colour in the UK in the next 2+ years, I will have no other choice but to look at importing one from Japan.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but my understanding is the steering wheel on Japanese cars is on the same side as here in the UK and the only change I would need to make is the Language CD for the Sat/Nav etc.

I want to begin my research into this now so when I am in a position to purchase, I have all the info I need.

Therefore, can anyone provide examples of good, reputable importers for Lexus IS F from Japan?

Also if there is any other advice or info you can provide on importing from Japan, would all help me

Thanks

Your speedo will read kph too, the lights will not have the EU marks on them, yes the s/wheel is on the same side :winky:

Isn't it worth going for the Prolex/TOMS IS350? Is it cheaper? or does it have enough power as the ISF?

not as powerful IIRC and costs are now about the same price i think.....

You can get is350 tom's supercharged for 1/2 the price of the is-f mate :D both 2nd hand by the way :winky: :winky:

Thanks

The big problem here is that the Ultrasonic Blue isn't available for the ISF in Japan - or any of the RHD markets. That may change with demand of course.

The big problem here is that the Ultrasonic Blue isn't available for the ISF in Japan - or any of the RHD markets. That may change with demand of course.

Not true mate, you can get the blue in Japan - it was a UK thing as Lexus GB is a bit retarded sometimes.......Lexus.jp

Isn't the satnav different in Japan though? So it's not just a case of changing the DVD.......

Sat Nav will not work in the UK

You would have to have an aftermarket conversion. Changing the DVD / CD will not do the trick

You will also need to get rear fogs fitted and get a transponder for the radio

Just thinking out loud here, but with the newer cars will these parts be more plug and play? As in if you got hold of a UK nav unit, would you simply be able to unplug the Jap one and plug in the UK one, or is it still more complicated than that?

Same for the radio I guess, could you get a UK radio and just plug it in? Obviously I realise that this may work out very expensive, just wanted to know if it was possible :)

Sat Nav will not work in the UK

You would have to have an aftermarket conversion. Changing the DVD / CD will not do the trick

You will also need to get rear fogs fitted and get a transponder for the radio

Satnav on the Japanese models is a hard drive, not DVD, so major change.

Just thinking out loud here, but with the newer cars will these parts be more plug and play? As in if you got hold of a UK nav unit, would you simply be able to unplug the Jap one and plug in the UK one, or is it still more complicated than that?

Same for the radio I guess, could you get a UK radio and just plug it in? Obviously I realise that this may work out very expensive, just wanted to know if it was possible :)

This is all linked to ECU

I do know that a very upmarket solution is available from a LOC member so it can be done if you want it

Thanks

Just found 2 blue one's for sale in Japan :D

wouldnt it be cheaper or just as cheap to buy a uk one and spend 3/4k getting it sprayed up properly?

No, my understanding is you can pick up a Japan model and it works out a little cheaper, to get a re-spray done from Lexus would cost a in the £1,000's

Well if you go on the Jap car sales sites, you will find most of the 2nd hand one's cost more than UK new one :o

I seen blue one, 2nd hand working out at 54k, then you got to add the shipping and everything else :o the pound not very good at the min :o

Yep at the moment the FX rates make it stupid, when you can get them here for £40k now. Think I could put up with a silver or black one and keep the other £15k in my pocket :)