Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacing 3 Year Old 400h With

Another 400h

All,

How about you swap your 3 year old 33,000 mile slightly dented and kerbed 400h SE Sat Nav for a brand new 400h Executive Limited Edition (which has the sat nav, bumper protector, boot liner and 2 years servicing) for £14,750.

The two cars are identical except I get the high res mark levenson sat nav multimedia thing, and new maps!

If you take off the servicing (£360) and road tax (£200), I'm paying just over 14K to swap.

This I think is quite an excellent deal, and as the new RX450h is no real great improvement (and looses the touch screen nav in favour of a 'mouse' thing) I'm happy to stick with 400h.

Food for thought!

Cheers

Jon

Another 400h

All,

How about you swap your 3 year old 33,000 mile slightly dented and kerbed 400h SE Sat Nav for a brand new 400h Executive Limited Edition (which has the sat nav, bumper protector, boot liner and 2 years servicing) for £14,750.

The two cars are identical except I get the high res mark levenson sat nav multimedia thing, and new maps!

If you take off the servicing (£360) and road tax (£200), I'm paying just over 14K to swap.

This I think is quite an excellent deal, and as the new RX450h is no real great improvement (and looses the touch screen nav in favour of a 'mouse' thing) I'm happy to stick with 400h.

Food for thought!

Cheers

Jon

Wish I could get that kind of deal for my nearly 5 year old RX300 with 45k miles.

Another 400h

All,

Food for thought!

Cheers

Jon

Whats the economy been like then Jon?.

Economy over the 3 years has been much like everyone says, driving like a Grandad I can get 35mpg, on the motorway 27-29 on a very fast dash to Austria skiing, only 25.

I did find it got better after 10,000 miles, summer way better than winter etc etc.

It rivals the Diesels, given petrol is cheaper than the sooty stuff, and round town it can't be beat, also gets off the blocks pretty smartish too.

I can't really find a better car on the market, and it turns out that it was a smart choice too given residuals at the moment.

All round I'm happy to replace it with another.

Having been to the dealer on Firday, I also found out that the new Executive Limited Edition model is basically an SE with Sat Nav with an extra badge on the boot - obviously just the same car with one badge and glue required, but for £4,500 less.

AND Lexus are currently giving an extra £2,500 discount hence my deal above - all this is due to change at the end of March, weak Yen and all that.

Expect to see prices go up?????

Cheers

Jon

That does not sound like too bad a deal.

I have been looking to replace my 350 with another 350 - but the deals I have been offered are actually insulting to me! In essence, to change like for like would mean £15K deprectation in 15 months, and £10K to change, and for a used car!! Remember - this is LIKE for LIKE petrol - not a 350 to 400h. Absolutely appalling.

So if there are any dealers out there with a low mileage, nearly new RX350SE MM or SE-L, with oakham interior, under 12 months old, happy to P/EX for a mint 2 year old RX350SE MM - do feel free to get in touch with me if you can offer a sensible deal.

• 4 weeks later...
That does not sound like too bad a deal.

I have been looking to replace my 350 with another 350 - but the deals I have been offered are actually insulting to me! In essence, to change like for like would mean £15K deprectation in 15 months, and £10K to change, and for a used car!! Remember - this is LIKE for LIKE petrol - not a 350 to 400h. Absolutely appalling.

So if there are any dealers out there with a low mileage, nearly new RX350SE MM or SE-L, with oakham interior, under 12 months old, happy to P/EX for a mint 2 year old RX350SE MM - do feel free to get in touch with me if you can offer a sensible deal.

UPDATE: Purchased a new RX400h Exec for a shade over £14K! Had to jump quickly given that stocks are running low so colour choices disapperaing quickly. Its a good deal, that compensates for the depreciation on the 350. At this rate, the new caqr may even appreciate in value a little if sold on quickly!!