Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just wondering if anyone has used or is using either a Dragon or spider tuning box on their 220d? or something similar have seen a few reports and on the web sites for both companys they do look pretty good with the power increase etc just wondering if anyone knows much about them?

1 do they improve / reduce fuel consumption much

2 is the power increase noticable and worth the money

3 are they as they say easily removed so that you can take them off when going in for work such as waruntee work?

Mines still under waruntee so dont think i would play around til the end of that but am pretty tempted i have to say

Just wondering if anyone has used or is using either a Dragon or spider tuning box on their 220d? or something similar have seen a few reports and on the web sites for both companys they do look pretty good with the power increase etc just wondering if anyone knows much about them?

1 do they improve / reduce fuel consumption much

2 is the power increase noticable and worth the money

3 are they as they say easily removed so that you can take them off when going in for work such as waruntee work?

Mines still under waruntee so dont think i would play around til the end of that but am pretty tempted i have to say

i have the spider unit and i can't say that i have seen an increase in fuel economy.the power increase is very noticeable particularly in the mid range and the power delivery overall is very linear.removal and refitting is a synch at about six minutes and is definately worth the cost imo.btw there is not any recalibration when refitting.

I still have a Dragon one available (needs lead and USB upgrade about £100 from Dragon and I want £50 for the box). Just remove prior to any warranty work, they will never know.

Well i dont want one for now thanks just trying a little straw pole really to see if its worth considering in the future. pretty happy with the car as it stands but i am sure after a little while a bit more power etc might be on the cards, but also having had friends who have started on the road to upgrades and uprating the car it seams to be a slippery slope once you start more and mods seam to "happen" the way i see it the longer i hold it off the less the wallet is going to suffer

I still have a Dragon one available (needs lead and USB upgrade about £100 from Dragon and I want £50 for the box). Just remove prior to any warranty work, they will never know.

Well i dont want one for now thanks just trying a little straw pole really to see if its worth considering in the future. pretty happy with the car as it stands but i am sure after a little while a bit more power etc might be on the cards, but also having had friends who have started on the road to upgrades and uprating the car it seams to be a slippery slope once you start more and mods seam to "happen" the way i see it the longer i hold it off the less the wallet is going to suffer

How true, very slippery slope indeed.

I can get the boxes fairly quickly so if you want one (or anyone else) just shout!!

How true, very slippery slope indeed.

I can get the boxes fairly quickly so if you want one (or anyone else) just shout!!

ok thanks as soon as i can batter the moths out of the wallet and talk myself into it i will do

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links