Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Running In "limp" Mode

creativename

Hi guys,

im a complete noob to lexus ownership.

im about to buy a 2000 V is200, the car has had the engine out and is now running in "limp" mode, its been plugged in and is coming back with a maf problem, apparently a pipe is on backwards.

just trying to find out if anybody has experienced this before and has an idea of which pipe it could be??

any help much appreciated

Adam

No not really the MAP only has one pipe and its right at the back no need to ever touch it,

What exactly happened to the car for a "pipe to be put on backwards?" it doesnt just happen when driving along.

Whats the story behind the car?

car was bought by a mate after a front end smack, with the idea of putting a 2jzgte in.

a year later the car was straight again and the original engine out.

another year later the project was given up and the original engine put back in, and here we are today.

im leaving a job with a company car and need a cheap stop gap and this hopefully fits the bill.

Right well if you find the exact code then we should be able to help.

but like i said the IS has a MAP sensor.

there is two pipes that go into a sensor just below the throttle, the bottom one should go to the throttle and the other one to an actuator on the intake,

Just a thought

Stav

It might be worth your while buying an OBDII code reader, if you don't have convenient access to one already. They don't cost much (e.g. less than £30 on eBay for a standalone one, and even less than that if you have a laptop) and could well save you money very easily.

As Stav said, if you get all the codes and post them up, then I'm sure folks here will be able to help.

got the problem sorted tonight :winky:

along with a few other little bits that would stop it going through a test.

just gotta get a caliper and a new plug for an abs sensor and jobs a good un!

thanks for all the help its very much appreciated

Adam

dont forget the bulb for the rear light, and then all the cosmetic bits, oh and where's my thanks :whistling:

i think you got yourself a good bargin there, if just for 3 plugs and a bit of pipe to that thing under the throttle body. the car was a perfect runner engine wise.

glad you sorted it, was it the pipe to the throttle? or to the actuator?

Stav

many thanks for the helpful advice, the top pipe was not even there!!! i found a pipe which looks the same as the top one floating around the bottom of the engine bay and connected that but it went through what looks like a one way valve and then on to the back of the car?does anyone have some pic's or a schematic of the pressure pipe layout? then while looking round tthe back of the engine i found a plug that connected to a socket on the back of the engine just back and slightly below the fuel pressure regulator..... and another socket just below that that connected to another plug below it...... then on to the fog lights which wern't conected, while i'd got inner arch out on the drivers side i noticed that there was a plug smashed apart (from the accident i assume) traced the wire and it went to the abs sensor :shifty: unfortunatly found caliper on same side is seized so picked up a new caliper and a plug from scrap yard today and will fit tomorrow. so with any luck adam can mot it on mon. there is another couple of plugs smashed apart but think i've guessed what they are, (one is for outside temp and other was horns) apart from one which i'll get a photo of, it's from the loom under the brake master cylinder.

thanks again to all those people who have offer'd advice and i look forward to working on this car more if it's all going to be this easy :whistling:

simon

many thanks for the helpful advice, the top pipe was not even there!!! i found a pipe which looks the same as the top one floating around the bottom of the engine bay and connected that but it went through what looks like a one way valve and then on to the back of the car?does anyone have some pic's or a schematic of the pressure pipe layout?

Does this help ? I'm not quite sure exactly where you're referring to.

many thanks for the helpful advice, the top pipe was not even there!!! i found a pipe which looks the same as the top one floating around the bottom of the engine bay and connected that but it went through what looks like a one way valve and then on to the back of the car?does anyone have some pic's or a schematic of the pressure pipe layout?

Does this help ? I'm not quite sure exactly where you're referring to.

thanks stevie thats almost what i'm looking for, i wanted to check where the top pipe on that vcv valve goes, it shows it on that drawing but not where it goes to, darn.

thanks stevie thats almost what i'm looking for, i wanted to check where the top pipe on that vcv valve goes, it shows it on that drawing but not where it goes to, darn.

Sorry to sound thick, but which one do you mean, I can't see anything labelled as VCV in that diagram ?

ok, does this diagram help ? Specifcally the third page showing where the PCV hose attaches ?

the thing i was looking at was the vsv valve sorry i miss typed it oop's. that second set of drawing's confirms perfectaly what i wanted, thank you so very much. the upper of the two pipe's is labled fuel vapor hose, which would explain the one way valve and the rest of the pipe returning to the rear of the car. thanks again. simon