Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A mate of mine was caught on a Motorway camera van....in his LS400...83 mph...usual deserted motorway...he is thinking of saying it was his dad driving as he [ his dad ] has a clean license...but his dad is'nt insured for the car...his dad has no other car insured either at the moment...do you think they will check if his dad is insured for the car ?...or are they happy just to "do" someone ?

And is it still 10% plus 2 mph ?...so say 79 on the motorway ?...or is that just an old wives tale ?...chees again lads. :shutit:

i think if he gets a ticket and says his dad was driving they'll check them and could do him.

I wouldnt condone this but your mate might have to "take the hit" of the points,

Thats if anything comes through

If he says he wasn't driving he'll get a form, a legal requirement to provide the details of who was driving. If he fails to provide the info he'll be done for that, if he says it was his dad then they'll do the checks. His dad will get done for speeding and driving without insurance and he'll get done for allowing him to drive it without valid insurance. If they find out he's lied on the form they'll both get done for pervert the course of justice too. He needs to bite the bullet.

telling fibs about who was driving may seem like a little white lie but the courts treat it as perverting the course of justice and get very upset indeed. They send people to jail for it and it looks simply awful on your CV. If Dad has no insurance, then yes of course they will find out and then it will really hit the fan

Do they really put the camera vans on empty motorways? Or was it a dual carriageway?

telling fibs about who was driving may seem like a little white lie but the courts treat it as perverting the course of justice and get very upset indeed. They send people to jail for it and it looks simply awful on your CV. If Dad has no insurance, then yes of course they will find out and then it will really hit the fan

Do they really put the camera vans on empty motorways? Or was it a dual carriageway?

They do put camera vans on the motorway. I was flashed about 5 years ago on the M18 by a 'safety' camera van. It was a Saturday afternoon, empty road, sunny and on a very slight bend. I was doing 92mph I was speeding but i was driving to the conditions. Oh well, lesson learned.

I think on other roads there needs to be a camera warning sign within one km of the camera position although this is not always adhered to! Motorways may be different as putting up a sign may be difficult and they always sit on the bridges or slip roads.

You may not hear anything for 83MPH on a motorway but they must send you the NIP within 14 days I believe.

Whatever you do do not try to "swop" drivers as yes you will face far more serious charges along with others involved.