Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Mk1 Sport Wheels - They Don't Match Now!

bigdavegrr

Hello people.

I have a Mk1 GS300 Sport with the deep dish rear wheels. Now, I had to order a new rear from Lexus due to a crack in the old one, which has made apparent that the 3 other wheels have been refurbed at some point in their life and look very dull in comparison. The new rim has a shiny finish too it, and a darker paint colour on the inside of the rim, the old rims are a matte silver all the way through.

Is it possible to have the older rims brought up to the shine of the new rim and painted on the inside to match?

Thanks

Dave

I think these alloys were diamond cut - it would probably be difficult to get them all to the same finish so whatever way you do it, either painting the one or getting the three diamond cut you'd probably need to get all 4 done just so they all look the same.

Are you sure you have been provided the correct rims?? :question:

They are available in ether a painted finish or a diamond cut finish like Aido says. :D

For example:

Painted Finish

7.JPG

Diamond Cut:

front.jpg

Like Aido says, either way you will have to get all four done :(

As far as I know Lexus never supplied the painted ones, only the diamond cut ones which is why that's what he got from a dealer.

Clearly they have been refurbed at some point, I'd get them all diamond cut as it looks much better imo :)

Ahhhhh....

It appears they have sent the diamond cut wheel instead. 3 of the rims look exactly like yours Anees.

Do they not make the painted finish one any more? I'm not going to swap it, 300 quid for this one wheel, will just get it matched to the others.

Looks very silly in streetlights or on a bright day, only one twinkles lol.

Dave

NINJA EDIT!

Ah, so there's only one kind of finish?

Time for some more searching!!

No there are two finishes, available from TTE who make the wheels.

However, I think Lexus only chose to use the diamond cut ones on the GS Sport - but if you give your dealer the part number they'll be able to get the painted one too.

Perhaps they weren't refurbed then, and instead were fitted afterwards?

Aye just let the dealer sort it mate, they provided it, just tell them it's the wrong one and they should be able to swap it, they're good for stuff like that usually :D