Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eastenders

Parthiban

Before anyone says, I know what Eastenders is about :P

My question is more in reference to this "all black" episode they just had..........normally I wouldn't care about anything to do with Eastenders but the press coverage in the "free" London newspapers has been ramming it down my throat which has annoyed me slightly!

Why is there such fuss about this nonsense? If you ask me, I actually class it as racism (positive or negative makes no difference to me) but I really don't see the point.

Fine make programmes that have a balance of races to reflect today's society but this is just getting ridiculous! I'd like to see more of an emphasis on good quality programmes rather than political correctness......don't care who's on screen as long as they provide some form of entertainment (which sadly Eastenders does not manage to do)

And in any case, what sort of warped society is it supposed to represent? This is a "white" country, and as far as I know it still predominantly is so what point is this trying to prove?

Sorry for the rant, but as a non-white person myself I find positive racism infuriating! :angry: