Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte/eibach Arb

SINGH182

Hi,

recieved my TTE/Eibach arbs from TDi yesterday,

and just wanted to ask, on one of the arbs it has a setting for stiffness, how do i know which setting/hole on the arb is for: stiff, stiffer or ave' it (lol) - u get my drift

gettin it fitted tomorrow evening, so need to let mechanic know how stiff i want it - the arb that is.

cheers!

aztec - quick question.... how would you rate the tte arb...tried searchin the net for reviews but could not find any...hows the cornering with it....i know ill find out tomorrow but jus want some info.

There really good matey you'll love them :D They really sort out the handling on the is200/300's, makes the car very sharp on corners with very little body roll,

Since i fitted mine i've had a lot more confidence in the car going into corners and round islands, and i do attack a corner pretty hard now where as before i really had to back off on the power and feed it through :D

Cant remember but have you got yours lowered on springs or coilovers? I've got a matching setup on mine with the TTE coilovers and the TTE arbs so work very well together, matched with a good set of tyres :winky:

no, just got the standard lexus sport setup and now arbs.

i want to lower the ride but on the other hand dont want to loose the comfort side....will look into lowering maybe in 2/3 months time...when bank ballance is looking right lol.

no, just got the standard lexus sport setup and now arbs.

i want to lower the ride but on the other hand dont want to loose the comfort side....will look into lowering maybe in 2/3 months time...when bank ballance is looking right lol.

You'll probably notice the difference more than i did then mate, My lex was pretty low before i fitted them so took out quite a bit of the body roll.

If you do lower your lex have a look at the TTE/Eibach springs or coilovers and the ride will be very nice, With the TTE coilovers i have fitted, the rides still very good and doesnt give you a hard time, very comfortable and doesnt ruin the feel of the lex at all :D Very impressed with the whole setup :D

Let us know what you think when you have them on mate, be good to know what you think of them with the standard springs :)

I had my ARBs fitted when I just had the standard Sport suspension mate and you'll definitely feel the difference the second you hit a big roundabout :)

Got to say i love hitting rounabouts now, just have to watch out that i dont oversteer :lol:

One thing i noticed the other week when i went for a drive down to devon for the day, was that on the motorway at speed my car went round some of the long sweeping bends like they were straight roads? My lex has never gone round long sweeping bends that well since i've had it B)

Went round the M5 bends by the Cadbury world place at 70+ :winky: and it just sat there, where before i had to slow it down to the 50mph mark due to it wandering and feeling unsafe :o

well i bought them off his eBay listing abiously thinkin he has them in stock, but after i contacted him he told me that he needs to order them from where ever he get them from and could not tell me how long it would take. So i asked for my money back and bought from tdi.

If a seller is selling something, u assume he has it in stock ready to ship out....was not pleased!!

If a seller is selling something, u assume he has it in stock ready to ship out....was not pleased!!

A lot of people do it that way now, and will be doing that for the forseeable future as anything that is held in stock in small companies is just losing money!

One thing i noticed the other week when i went for a drive down to devon for the day, was that on the motorway at speed my car went round some of the long sweeping bends like they were straight roads? My lex has never gone round long sweeping bends that well since i've had it B)

Went round the M5 bends by the Cadbury world place at 70+ :winky: and it just sat there, where before i had to slow it down to the 50mph mark due to it wandering and feeling unsafe :o

Yep, the biggest difference for me since upgrading my ARBs is being able to go round corners a lot faster and still feel safe and in total control :D

GOT THEM FITTED AT LAST!!!.

All i can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :D :driving: , takes a while to get used to goin around corners at such speed lol....but what an improvement....deff one of the best purchases EVER!

Car feels so sharp, all round top class improvement.....hopefully when its been WIM'ed nxt week it will be even better as my front tyres are bald on the inside.

Haha winner... looks like you beat me to the post on getting the last TTE ARBs from TDi... :tsktsk: Haha...

Do you know if the same ARBs fit both IS200 and IS300, i wouldn't of thought there was much difference in suspension setup??

Any info on this would great...

the arbs for 200 & 300 are the same....one of the best things u can do to ur IS!....for abt 2 yrs ive been toying with the idea off the ARBS, so a few days back on my way to work, i got so fed up with the body roll with the is, so as soon as i turned my pc on at work i got tdi's number and bought them there and then over the phone.

GOT THEM FITTED AT LAST!!!.

All i can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :D :driving: , takes a while to get used to goin around corners at such speed lol....but what an improvement....deff one of the best purchases EVER!

Car feels so sharp, all round top class improvement.....hopefully when its been WIM'ed nxt week it will be even better as my front tyres are bald on the inside.

Sounds like your happy with them mate? Did say you'll love them :D

Its quite suprising how much difference they make to the ride of the IS, they make the car handle so much better :D

Glad you got them on mate and your happy with them, i find it quite hard since i fitted mine not to throw it at a corner or go round islands a bit quicker than i would of before, makes it quite good fun :D

Fair play... ^_^

Kool, cheers for the info, how much was it to fit them?? Did they have to replace any of the drop links??

the fitting was free for me as its my mates garage...but it only took abt a hour max to fit them.

i'd guess any garage would charge no more than £50max to fit them....drop links were fine so saved a few quid there.