Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie From West Yorkshire, Uk

ish87

Hi Everyone,

Thought i'd sign up to this site and get some info and some buying tips on the is200.

I currently own a 306 hdi which I hope to get rid in the next couple of weeks so I can start hunting for my next car. I never got the chance to mod the 306 because she just loved the ramps at the local garage too much which ended up costing me about £800 within 10 months just keeping her on the road so she just has to go!

Am from Batley West Yorkshire so if anyone local fancies meeting up to give me some buying tips/common mods and show me their car, feel free to pm me.

Am a University Student Stuying Automotive Design technology currently on an industrial placement.

Soo looking forward to getting an is200 in the near future and make good use of this site!

Welcome. not too far from me. I'm Lexusless these days though. Sad Times.

You'll love the car.

As long as it doesnt break down as often as the 306, i'll be pleased.lol.

My dad use to have an is200 many years back. He never had to even replace a light bulb within 4 years of owning it!

10de59c5f625e442e94a33abf3ca346c1_1.gif

Woo-Hoo another Yorkie lol

Does the club have regular local meets in the northern regions?

There are quite a few meets that happen through the year matey, if you have a look at the club meets section there are a couple posted so far but more will be added as time goes on, And there are quite a few regional meets organised throughout the year :D

Welcome to LOC matey, sounds like you been unluckly with your Pug fella, I had 2 306 diesel's a 1.9 D Turbo then a 2.0 HDI D Turbo before I got the Lex and never had any problems with either in about 8 years, should be ok with a Lex tho mate very reliable.

Welcome to LOC matey, sounds like you been unluckly with your Pug fella, I had 2 306 diesel's a 1.9 D Turbo then a 2.0 HDI D Turbo before I got the Lex and never had any problems with either in about 8 years, should be ok with a Lex tho mate very reliable.

i were considering a gti-6 but found that insurance is cheaper on the is200 but you get much more car for paying that tad more for the lexus. plus its reliable so its won me.

how do meets system work on here? Does someone just start off a meet up thread and see who is free on a particular weekend and just meet up?

As am selling my 306, I have been organising a couple of northern meets as a farewell for my car in next couple of weeks on pug306.net where we just meet up at particular place in morning, go for a drive, lunch and take some scenic pics.Normally everyone has a bucket load of faults which we end up helping fix on each others as well.lol.

Our next one is at the Humber Bridge. Feel free to pop down as we have non pugs attend as well.You could have a good laugh at our sheds and also I could get to meet some of you locals.

Wouldnt mind organising one on here in near future when i fully migrate to a lexus :D

how do meets system work on here? Does someone just start off a meet up thread and see who is free on a particular weekend and just meet up?

Yeah thats basically the plan.

Dont know when the next one is though