Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mini's Speedo In The Centre

japthree

Not all the Mini's have the trip computer matey :)

You do get quite used to it after a bit or like me when you've had 13 mini's over the years :whistling: On the newer BMW versions there is an option to have the speedo and the rev counter behind the steering wheel and have the sat nav fitted in the centre of the dash, bit costly though or like i did and get hold of the speedo unit and fit it yourself :)

Love mini's and i'll be having another one day as there great fun to drive :D

my sisters got a mini aswell, i cat stand such a small car tbh, but she loves it. the speedo is a bit dodgey if u have passengers who are watching it as every1 in the car can see it.

Anees. was the 1 in the verso the one thats not there when the cars off then it is like really far away, hard to explain but im sure u know what i mean?

I would have loved the Mini as a driving school car for that very reason. As an instructor it would have been perfect to have the speedo in the middle but I couldn't justify the outrageous price they are. By the time I specced one up with aircon and electric mirrors it was almost double the price of a Nissan Micra with the same kit and I can't help but think that the Micra will cope with the abuse better than the Mini.

Yep you're right about the price, when my sis got her mini it cost £15k and all we added was climate and folding mirrors I think - ludicrous price. Think I remember speccing a cooper up to the same level as an IS200 and it was more expensive :lol:

The centre speedo is good for keeping an eye on her speed, but can't help thinking myself as well that it must be quite annoying - the ones in the Yaris are higher up so not such an issue, looking at the speedo in the Mini means quite a move of your head which is probably a little dangerous, especially as most mini drivers are women :P

There was an option that puts the speedo with the rev counter on the steering column, and turns the original speedo into a nice guage pod, but I think it was £500 which seemed a ridiculous expense!